Investing General Discussion

fris

Vyemm Raider
Isn't Biden about to sign a bill that blocks tictoc? I don't see how this doesn't recover move of the after hour losses tomorrow

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Isn't Biden about to sign a bill that blocks tictoc? I don't see how this doesn't recover move of the after hour losses tomorrow
He already signed it. Shit will be in the courts for years on appeal.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Shit works great. Who cares if it isn't snazzy looking and lacks rainbow colors and shit.

I don't care if it looks good, I just want to be able to intuitively use it. They've got iFrames and shit in there. Feels like enterprise boomer software where "hard to use" is expected.

I got all my stonks added to a watch list, but that's about it, lol. I'll hunt down some youtube videos tomorrow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Even gold, silver, oil and bitcoin and down. The GDP numbers :(

Edit - gold and silver almost even now. The rest not so much.

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
The savings account I use for my boys allowance now gains enough interest to cover their allowance lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to buy so many fucking bonds.

frontpage GIF

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Stagflation? Who could have called that one?

Oh, it was everyone who noted that J Pow and the Fed didn't raise interest rates over the real rate of inflation meaning that stagflation would be the inescapable result?
Huh, weird.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Now expand this concept to your own expenses.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but yes. My emergency fund (Marcus, kids allowance is in ally) grows about half as much as my monthly deposit. Under Trump, my 401k was growing faster than my deposits.

Thanks to inflation, that's not happening under Biden. This year has been ok, but you can only be happy with that if you ignore Bidens first 2 years and overall inflation for the past 3.

I'm happy I dumped a chunk of my Roth into Spaxx earlier this year.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Stagflation? Who could have called that one?

Oh, it was everyone who noted that J Pow and the Fed didn't raise interest rates over the real rate of inflation meaning that stagflation would be the inescapable result?
Huh, weird.

Interesting how the fundamentals never change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know this is tongue in cheek, but yes. My emergency fund (Marcus, kids allowance is in ally) grows about half as much as my monthly deposit. Under Trump, my 401k was growing faster than my deposits.

Thanks to inflation, that's not happening under Biden. This year has been ok, but you can only be happy with that if you ignore Bidens first 2 years and overall inflation for the past 3.

I'm happy I dumped a chunk of my Roth into Spaxx earlier this year.
Not tongue in cheek at all.

It's the concept behind financial independence. The first time your portfolio moves more than your salary (be it in a day, week, or month) is pretty crazy. Once it starts approaching yearly, well, work becomes optional.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users