Investing General Discussion

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, cross-post so sorry, but in the other thread:

1723223771273.png

The chart looks fantastic so I am struggling with whether to take my money or not.

• It's within BB
  • above all DMAs with the 100 & 200 both starting to curve up from being flat
  • MACD about to cross
  • Approaching overbought but still within RSI bands

Nothing is for certain and the jump from the earnings call was a bit heavy so I think it may settle lower in the coming week, but all the signs point to this ticker beginning a decent uphill climb. I'd prefer it be more steady but this one has a bit of a cult following.

1723223973498.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Monday's wipeout has completely been recovered here.

To clarify: SPY recovery.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Bought 100 shares of rddt in my Roth for a long term hold. Been thinking about buying for awhile cause I use the platform the most of any social media and figured it’s worth rolling the dice on as a small play.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought 100 shares of rddt in my Roth for a long term hold. Been thinking about buying for awhile cause I use the platform the most of any social media and figured it’s worth rolling the dice on as a small play.

Maybe the wrong thread for this, but what is reddits revenue model? I use it for some iphone games and stuff as it's often better for info than specific sites these days, otherwise I don't know much about it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Maybe the wrong thread for this, but what is reddits revenue model? I use it for some iphone games and stuff as it's often better for info than specific sites these days, otherwise I don't know much about it.
I wasn’t sure what the right thread was but since it was a long play I figured this one more than the other since that one seems to be about day trading.

revenue model is advertising the selling all the conversation data for ai training. They have gotten to basically break even in eps so decent for the small cap social media which tend to lose money. I feel like they could easily double if they continue to go users and revenue at the pace they are. Downside is I think the user base is male skewed so probably less valuable than the female audience of like a Snapchat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like others have mentioned, any time I want honest info on just about anything subjective, I add "reddit" to the end of my search. As in "vacationing in Croatia reddit" etc. Otherwise, your search results are absolutely filled with nothing but horseshit. In that way, reddit is one of the few places you can still get good, unpaid for info these days. That makes it a super valuable repository for information.

That said, advertisers have absolutely caught on to this and have started creating reddit posts made to look like "normal people posts." So who knows how long reddit will stay useful as far as results from 2023 forward.

Also heard that reddit is planning to paywall some of its popular subreddits. No idea if that's true or, if so, how that would affect things. Might be good for adding revenue to reddit and content producers, but it could also backfire to the point that it completely kills reddit.

• 3Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don't believe in any of the social media sites as a profitable system for exactly that reason. It eventually turns into shill or influencer crap instead of real info.

Anyway, thanks. Back to investing!

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every day since Monday is increasingly less daily volume.

That look on the SPY weekly candle though! Pretty powerful. And We closed 3 whole points above the 100D MA.

Solid look so far.

• 3Like

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Every day since Monday is increasingly less daily volume.

That look on the SPY weekly candle though! Pretty powerful. And We closed 3 whole points above the 100D MA.

Solid look so far.
So we’re gonna be alright?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
last time we had a weekly candle like that the market went up for the next 8 weeks in a row
1723235332053.png

Not a prediction but just funny to think if we got the same kind of move here we would be pretty much straight up to 6100 on SPX between now and YE

• 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
  • 1Mother of God

Khane

Got something right about marriage
PLTR back over $30 for the first time in forever.

I shut my computer down on Wednesday and took the last 2 days off work and did not look at anything. Literally just went offline for 2 days for the first time in forever. Just checked just now and laughed at my portfolio after the last half a week.

Ronco investing baby!

• 1Like