Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the most competitive finance firms (Goldman, Citi, JPM, etc) are absolute meritocracies and constantly trimming the bottom, relentlessly.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People that understand the office politics game will maneuver themselves away from problem projects before the axe comes down, so to some extent it's selecting for people that are good at political games rather than professional excellence.

It also tends to shift attention towards highly visible, prestigious projects while the unglamorous grunt work that keeps the organization running gets neglected. Everyone wants to work on the shiny new thing, no one wants to keep what's already there running. Very common in the public sector, which is why you get a really fancy looking (and staggeringly expensive) new bridge while the traffic lights a mile down the road are rusting away on their posts.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No matter this market bounce, Apple still struggling to get over the 50D repeatedly for days on end. Rejected premarket (so far) once again. Needs to shit or get off the pot. Weighting risk if traders give up and sell it back down.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
No matter this market bounce, Apple still struggling to get over the 50D repeatedly for days on end. Rejected premarket (so far) once again. Needs to shit or get off the pot. Weighting risk if traders give up and sell it back down.
I think we have too much bad news to sustain a push back to qqq500 until maybe q3 earnings. I can’t see the melt up we had happening again since other than meta every one of us the mag7 has had atleast some major negative news. I could see meta pushing to 560 in august, Goog & Amzn pushing to 175, msft to 420, but I feel like the stock level analysis agrees with the technical analysis and a push beyond 460 will be tough until we get nvda earnings. If they blow it away and go to 140 again we have a shot at 475

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It's a Friday, king day of fake outs. Not saying we aren't going down but I'm not going to put much weight on the pajama traders on Friday. Want to see the open. Will probably continue my current theme. QQQ will have a stop at BE and will likely be more patient with SPY.

I really would rather be working on my game today so market could do me a favor and just chill

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Remember a little while ago when T was "going bankrupt" because of "lead cables"? It's up 50% since then.

• 1Tendies

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Up over 5% on my scoop of MU shares Monday.
Apple finally trying to make a run over the 50D.
Not expecting a big SPY move today, but it will be nice to have a daily / weekly close above the 100D.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You think in a good or bad way?
I"m leaning up but I think the move either way is likely to occur right at the end of day. Everyone and the brother sees the bear flag forming. If it breaks lower here we are forming quite a steep down trend line and I'm skeptical of that, continue to think we get some rally but fail at the moving averages, at least at the first attempt.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

1723220596135.png

Quite the shift in narrative since Monday.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I feel like every market article about the market thinking anything is just pure bs by the author.

at best the article should say aggregated price action on bonds indicates rate cut expectations have fallen. Get rid of the bs about the market thinking it’s needed or not.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
RKLB up 12% today. This is a good one to keep your eye on Blazin Blazin if you want to join the space race.
Rocket Lab beat analyst expectations on the top and bottom lines with total revenue of $106.25 million, up 71% on a year-over-year basis.

The company announced it has begun installation of the largest automated fiber placement machine of its kind into the company’s Neutron rocket production line in Middle River, MD. The AFP machine will enable Rocket Lab to automate production of the largest carbon composite rocket structures in history.

Rocket Lab also announced it has successfully hot fired its new rocket engine Archimedes for the first time, reaching a critical technical milestone toward the first launch of its new medium-lift rocket, Neutron.