Investing General Discussion

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1613418861035.png

More gems in the text:

Mr. Vergara, a 25-year-old security guard in Virginia, started investing four years ago after deciding he wanted to retire young. To save money, he drives a 1998 Honda Civic, eats a lot of rice and lives with his dad. He stashed his savings mostly in diversified index funds, which are now valued at about $50,000. Then Mr. Vergara, a longtime reader of the WallStreetBets page on Reddit, saw others posting about buying GameStop shares and the stock’s colossal rise.

He didn’t want to touch his index-fund investments, so instead he got a personal loan with an 11.19% interest rate from a credit union and used it to fund most of his GameStop purchase. He bought shares at $234 each.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Usecured loan to someone that makes probably $10/hour. What could go wrong?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sounds fun.

Meanwhile, leaders in the securities industry, which accounts for 18 percent of state tax collections, are sounding alarms about similar “consequences” of reinstating a stock-transfer tax:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why I will never trade commodities.

"And yep, all those folks on griddy were paying 9$ per KWh earlier today and continue to get lubelessly pounded"

motherofgod.gif

So much for all those people laughing at rolling power outages in California. Looks like our entire country is third world now!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds fun.

Meanwhile, leaders in the securities industry, which accounts for 18 percent of state tax collections, are sounding alarms about similar “consequences” of reinstating a stock-transfer tax:
Do it, I look forward to the NYSE becoming the MSE (Miami Stock Exchange)

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
I recommend Sarasota or south of in Venice. Close enough to Orlando and Tampa with a low crime rate and plenty of beaches and things to do.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Futures up more than 0.5% because... who knows.

Melt ups are fun, they will last until something disrupts the money flows or they exhaust themselves. Still major institutional money that is underweight stocks if the vix goes lower. Makes any sane investor cautious but the backdrop is there for this to continue so people need to careful they don't just run for the hills. Advance decline line still rising, breadth is still there, yield spreads still bullish.

I'm going to continue to focus on stocks that are not over valued, the deals are out there and as the rally matures investors will seek them out , better to be early.

Maybe we get a interest rate spike due to inflation fears that triggers a sell off in growth names, it's too early for that to be an actual concern but I could see it being enough to trigger a pullback in the right conditions. Maybe a few months out.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Chamath is milking the SPAC Founder's Share game for every penny he can. Its why I won't buy into his SPACs.

View attachment 335378

He was so cagey about the fees he is charging, didn't like him from the start. Making a killing on this shit, was reading about sponsors pulling in 1000%. It's how you know this won't last hard to predict what path it takes but the destination is as clear as GME was at $500/share

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Melt ups are fun, they will last until something disrupts the money flows or they exhaust themselves. Still major institutional money that is underweight stocks if the vix goes lower. Makes any sane investor cautious but the backdrop is there for this to continue so people need to careful they don't just run for the hills. Advance decline line still rising, breadth is still there, yield spreads still bullish.

I'm going to continue to focus on stocks that are not over valued, the deals are out there and as the rally matures investors will seek them out , better to be early.

Maybe we get a interest rate spike due to inflation fears that triggers a sell off in growth names, it's too early for that to be an actual concern but I could see it being enough to trigger a pullback in the right conditions. Maybe a few months out.
Its the patient man's game right now. I have done my work and know the ETFs I want to grab once things "adjust". Until then I will look for value and keep selling options.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
He was so cagey about the fees he is charging, didn't like him from the start. Making a killing on this shit, was reading about sponsors pulling in 1000%. It's how you know this won't last hard to predict what path it takes but the destination is as clear as GME was at $500/share
I think he was one of the first (or the first) to charge a fee to swap your warrants for shares once called. Fuck that. Dude is making a killing. No need to be a hog. I won't own any of his shit. His cult following buy his SPACs up so he gonna be rich.... richer. I hope the lawsuit on one of his early SPACs having some fraud involved bites him hard.