Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
living in texas, I can tell you that the on the ground solution was to just turn the power off until they found something affordable. To quote my power company "Customer service is closed during rolling blackouts."
Moving up to NY from FL was quite the culture shock. I was used to everything being electric. The first time I saw the heating oil tank in the basement I was like "wtf is that?" Even in the dead of winter my heating oil bill (which runs heat and hot water) runs about $300 a month. I go from May/June to Nov without a fill. Electric is around $100 ever month. Still cheaper than year-round electric bill in FL.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My FL electric bill in NE FL is under 100$ in January and was in the 40$'s all summar/spring/fall, and we had quite a few days with frost this year.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
45 minutes south, Putnam county right by the St Johns river
Wife and I can't wait for the daughter to graduate so we can evac from NY back to FL. I dont think we are going to go all the way back down South to FTL/MIA. Was thinking maybe mid-way up the coast (Ormond beach, Titusville, maybe no further south than Ft. Pierce/Port St. Lucie). What do you think of the Jax area? I keep reading it has gotten quite "urbanized" in the city proper.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife and I can't wait for the daughter to graduate so we can evac from NY back to FL. I dont think we are going to go all the way back down South to FTL/MIA. Was thinking maybe mid-way up the coast (Ormond beach, Titusville, maybe no further south than Ft. Pierce/Port St. Lucie). What do you think of the Jax area? I keep reading it has gotten quite "urbanized" in the city proper.

If it had to be jax, look at the further out suburbs like orange park, it was nice when I drove through there, but yeah, Jax is definitely starting to look like the bigger cities like philly etc. Also, check out St. Augustine too. It's growing quite a bit but without that "urban" feel to it. More like a giant suburb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Know someone in Jax. The city itself is a dump, get like 30 min away.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, SE jax has all the upscale shopping districts and luxury condo's/apartments, so is also nice and gets you away from the rif raf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Jax is great. It doesn't really feel "urban" due to the sprawl.

Melbourne is just south of Jax and is beach retirement central.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I'm the FL expert so here you go: In cent FL and north FL you don't need to even run the AC from October to late April. Stay AWAY from anywhere in SE Florida south of Jupiter/Hobe Sound.

Cross Port St. Lucie and Ft. Pierce off your list, can be very ghetto. There are far nicer "old florida' communities just north and south of them. Stuart/Palm City/Jensen Beach is great , and north you have Vero, Wabaso and Sebastian. Very nice old florida beach towns.

Southwest Florida from Sarasota to Marco is great. If you want old south country, then there is plenty to choose from all up and down the spine of Florida and also most all of FL north of Orlando.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm the FL expert so here you go: In cent FL and north FL you don't need to even run the AC from October to late April. Stay AWAY from anywhere in SE Florida south of Jupiter/Hobe Sound.

Cross Port St. Lucie and Ft. Pierce off your list, can be very ghetto. There are far nicer "old florida' communities just north and south of them. Stuart/Palm City/Jensen Beach is great , and north you have Vero, Wabaso and Sebastian. Very nice old florida beach towns.

Southwest Florida from Sarasota to Marco is great. If you want old south country, then there is plenty to choose from all up and down the spine of Florida and also most all of FL north of Orlando.

I lived near Ocala for quite some time (decades, ) no running the AC from October to April? Yeah if you want to sweat inside your house 75 percent of those months.

One of the major reasons I moved to California is the no humidity thing (along with making way more money.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I lived near Ocala for quite some time (decades, ) no running the AC from October to April? Yeah if you want to sweat inside your house 75 percent of those months.

One of the major reasons I moved to California is the no humidity thing (along with making way more money.)

?? I live south of Ocala and keep my windows open all those months for decades now...

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
I lived in FL for 50 years so I am intimate with it. I just haven't lived outside the tri-county area. Once my daughter is grown i wont care about school districts so its all about environment. Except for Marco, I have never been a big fan of the west coast. Just preference. Basically Jax to St Lucie is my target. It will be about 8 years since I left so I will just need to catch up on the changes. I might just opt for a bare lot on one of the barrier islands between Jenson and Titusville and just wait to build on it until my move date gets closer.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Along the shore from Jax to Palm coast should be fine. Around Daytona you start getting Ghetto, not sure how far south after Daytona the ghetto ends.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of shitting myself while sitting on hold with TD Ameritrade. Logged in this morning and it says my entire account value is:

Total account valuePrev closeCurrent valueToday's net change
$114,299.85$27,255.86-$87,043.99 (76.15%)

No idea WTF is going on.

Activity and Positions window in TOS says "OVERALL P/L YTD: +$18k (green)"

Logged into TD Ameritrade website and checked deposits and transfers, nothing out of the ordinary.

Am I missing something obvious? Been using this account as a swing account since December and never seen anything like this.
Steering this train back on the track off the FL derail...

This TD Ameritrade fuckup is still in progress. Quite a lot of bitching around the internet about it. Some people actually have + balances and claim the funds were available for withdrawal. Kinda nuts.

This is cutting it pretty damn close to trading day.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Steering this train back on the track off the FL derail...

This TD Ameritrade fuckup is still in progress. Quite a lot of bitching around the internet about it. Some people actually have + balances and claim the funds were available for withdrawal. Kinda nuts.

This is cutting it pretty damn close to trading day.
Is anyone there actually working on a national holiday that has the market closed?