Investing General Discussion

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I got some at 62 but were buying another 100. It's a long term play for us though.

Yeah it'd have to be a long-con, if there's a larger economic downturn that we we're kind of due for anyway, Corona just accelerated it. Cruisies and other luxuries take a big hit. One of the companies I do IT work for makes fancy grills for boats, post 2009 they didn't really rebound until 2013 or so.

Granted cruises are one of the more economical vacation choices, and I'm sure there are plenty of dumb americans that during a downturn will decide they deserve a cruise vacation anyway instead of tightening their belts. So who fucking knows.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I actually think theres more room for it to bleed. I'll get more if it goes under 40. These levels will recover the moment this virus dies off. However it is a long term hold for sure.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I actually think theres more room for it to bleed. I'll get more if it goes under 40. These levels will recover the moment this virus dies off. However it is a long term hold for sure.
I'm worried about the political situation around cruise ships going forward. Should do some research into local action against them and general opinions on the ground from mariners who deal with them before being quick to assume it'll blow over instantly. Sure they'll recover, but I think it will be a years long process.

Pops

In the same virus type stock as RCL, I bought some PLAY. Dave n Busters. KKR has a 8.3% stake.

Pops

curve 3.png

Things are getting better, the curve is un inverting. Soon to be a flat line.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Geesh I'm so glad I sold my Oil stocks, never imagined it would get this bad though XOM and CVX down 15%
I held my XOM. Added a tiny portion at just over $40. I have accepted it will be dark for a while. The big majors aren't going belly-up and there will be shale consolidation after the bankruptcies. This is a game of chicken that I don't believe KSA or Russia can play for an extended time. Shrug, ill take minor solace in my 6% yield while I wait.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I grabbed some DAL (Delta Airlines) at the bottom. While Coronachan sucks for them, av gas for pennies a gallon takes some of the pain away.

Added to my positions of JPM, UNH, QQQ and IVV at the circuit breaker (yay limit orders).

Started a new long with LMT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing with small health companies trying to capitalize on the virus craze, every day I seem to hit a 40%+ on one, and I sell it off and buy something else.
Today it's NOVN
Everything else is red, but I'm up about 25% overall last week+today.
I'm not throwing a ton of money at these though. The markets are scary, imo the bottom is closer to 20-22K.
I'm just waiting for some really good long-term deals to arise.
Keeping my eye on DIS. I am looking for a <100 price, it's nearly there. I'm thinking it's a steal around $90 with plans to hold long.