Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The economy is more at risk than our health, and the markets expected a response last night. Once the system comes under stress the fear can start feeding on itself without intervention. If people wanted deals on good names well we are going to get them. Anyone with a sufficient long horizon I believe will be quite pleased looking back. We should hit the level today 2600 on SPX that I've been waiting for. Still wont go all in at this level because I think testing dec 26 2018 low seems increasingly likely and want to participate.

If this is really stressing you out, I again would implore you to shut it off stay out of this thread and check on your investments sometime this fall.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like that this thread is all “you must be disciplined, pick a strategy and stick to your plan. I’m waiting for the market to hit X...” and then a few weeks later “well the market hit X but I’m still waiting because Y.” I’m not saying anyone is wrong to do it but it’s still funny to read.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If this is really stressing you out, I again would implore you to shut it off stay out of this thread and check on your investments sometime this fall.
I'm entirely cash/bonds atm, exactly like I said I was doing since the start of feb. Had a few % of short for a bit, but most of my investments don't allow it. Pretty not stressed.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I like that this thread is all “you must be disciplined, pick a strategy and stick to your plan. I’m waiting for the market to hit X...” and then a few weeks later “well the market hit X but I’m still waiting because Y.” I’m not saying anyone is wrong to do it but it’s still funny to read.

Well just went back and read every post I made since this started, you responding right after me just confused if you think I've done this. Just not sure who has done this.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm entirely cash/bonds atm, exactly like I said I was doing since the start of feb. Had a few % of short for a bit, but most of my investments don't allow it. Pretty not stressed.

Well then I guess I wasn't speaking to you but thanks for keeping us up to date.

• 1Worf

Pops

Hah. They are all bad stocks now. I was turning green for awhile. Not today, next leg down.

Pops

Every time a client asked me that question, I would tell them to sell immediately. If they did not, they inevitably sold at the low. Always better to live and play another day.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Finally time to sell my AMD til thsi bottoms out? Rip selling at $59 share :(.

I got into AMD at ~13 back in 2017, got out last week at 44.18, cant complain in the big scheme of things.

• 1Like

Pops

Halted. The disease has spread to everything. Now all the leveraged players are blowing up.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Man I wish I was worth a few hundred mill, fortunes are going to be made off of this. Buffett's erection could end up killing him.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I bought some more, I'll be buying all the way down because I'm terrible at guessing where the bottom is.
Boeing is one of companies that is probably bulletproof. I'd say its a safe bet long term, but risky under 5 years, cause its getting turbo thrashed atm.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Going to try to bounce again, not going to last unless the big guns come out. News that Pelosi's plan was dumb shit written by her staff isn't going to help. We'll probably hear from Fed and Treasury Sec today

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been buying a little each day so far. This is super exciting though.

God Bless the Zombie plague.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boeing is one of companies that is probably bulletproof. I'd say its a safe bet long term, but risky under 5 years, cause its getting turbo thrashed atm.

I'm not worried at all, this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've been holding for 10 years and finally sold it all last month.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been buying a little each day so far. This is super exciting though.

God Bless the Zombie plague.

For now. Until the rest of the economy catches up to what is happening in the market and companies start shutting down and people start losing their jobs en masse. I work in healthcare so I'm not too worried about it, but this is quickly becoming alarming for most Americans and much more than a market correction.

• 1Like