Investing General Discussion

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm a low IQ investor but thought it was worth mentioning to those that aren't aware that there is a LOT of enthusiasm around growth in the crypto markets. Due to some technical developments in ETH and XRP specifically combined with the Bitcoin halving coming in May these guys would already be excited. Add to that the Fed just printing all of this stimulus money and people are starting to hedge for debasement including corporate interest (google Grayscale - GBTC).

Crypto is still a speculation but there are murmers of smart money making some moves in the background. Worth a couple $k if you have the spare to invest in the 'gold' of the future perhaps. I'm still educating myself on the subject so feel free to clarify if I've mispoken.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Because I have never looked at exactly what sort of bonds the G fund holds, apparently it is a fluid loan to the government where the gov pays interest equal to the average of all outstanding bonds with more than 4 years to maturity. Interesting, and explains why it's on the high end of the yield curve.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have held a very small position in GBTC for a few years now. Mostly out of morbid curiosity and a fascination with the blockchain tech.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I have held a very small position in GBTC for a few years now. Mostly out of morbid curiosity and a fascination with the blockchain tech.
I picked up a bit of this myself just because I had the money in the account. As I understand it they take around 2.5x premium for the risk of actually trading the currency but its still likely to have high returns. Personally I'll probably diversify into it some with the money I'm throwing into index.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if it was Pops Pops or who that asked what I'm paying. Just talked with my advisor. So they do 1% total investable assets under 1 mill, .75 on the next 2 mill, and keeps going down to .4% etc. So it's a weighted average based on the tier below.

Now I only paid .56% this quarter even though I fall under 1% umbrella. Thing is I'm a board member of a foundation that they manage the assets of, roughly 2.6 million and they lump family members assets (which are a lot) into it as well to arrive at a blended rate.

Dunno if that makes it sound any better to you guys?

Pops

Not sure if it was Pops Pops or who that asked what I'm paying. Just talked with my advisor. So they do 1% total investable assets under 1 mill, .75 on the next 2 mill, and keeps going down to .4% etc. So it's a weighted average based on the tier below.

Now I only paid .56% this quarter even though I fall under 1% umbrella. Thing is I'm a board member of a foundation that they manage the assets of, roughly 2.6 million and they lump family members assets (which are a lot) into it as well to arrive at a blended rate.

Can't be for the quarter. But it looks like the standard wrap fee.

Pops

Capital One 360 Performance Savings is 1.5% right now, Citibank Accelerate is %1.6.
Those are good deals.

But if you make more than six transactions a month, Capital One may close your account.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wading through that website... .0413 fees is nice. But where is the duration?

Covered it above talking about the G fund. Apparently their bonds have no duration. TSP is run by the gov, so they can bend the rules I guess. It's very slow and limited in a lot of ways like trades taking up to a day to execute, but the fees are extremely low.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

You are paying 0.56% of your assets for a service that you can easily do yourself. "Does that sound better to you?" is the question that matters.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Can't be for the quarter. But it looks like the standard wrap fee.
Ok sorry. So there's a blended rate for the entire family. Which is then divided by 4. So yes .56 would be annual and quarter would be .1366%

So I'm getting the benefits of the fee structure without really qualifying for it due to my own assets.

Pops

Haha the paper traders in oil are getting fucked. Guy claims 109,000 open contracts, 109 million barrels of oil and no place to put it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

Ok sorry. So there's a blended rate for the entire family. Which is then divided by 4. So yes .56 would be annual and quarter would be .1366%

So I'm getting the benefits of the fee structure without really qualifying for it due to my own assets.
You have a good deal, now it's up to you to decide if it's worth it. I'm sure your portfolio is properly diversified and you have other ETF's. No one can sue them for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

Because I have never looked at exactly what sort of bonds the G fund holds, apparently it is a fluid loan to the government where the gov pays interest equal to the average of all outstanding bonds with more than 4 years to maturity. Interesting, and explains why it's on the high end of the yield curve.

5 year is at .37%