Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
With all the aggresive home buying this past year I imagine as winter ends HD will do just fine.
It had great earnings yesterday but the stock dropped because they advised the Coronachan level of sales wont last forever. Some people decided that meant it was time to sell.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1614095837447.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I've reversed more than half my loses so far, lets hope this was the bottom

1614096065431.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
CCIV tumbling off a cliff. The 3 puts I bought are pretty much the same though. Did I do something too autismo by buying 3 may 21 20$ strikes? I wasn't willing to go over 500$ in.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
It had great earnings yesterday but the stock dropped because they advised the Coronachan level of sales wont last forever. Some people decided that meant it was time to sell.

I think their will be a double spike in sales. First spike was existing home owners stuck at home being motivated to improve and work on their house. This will fade as Coronavirus dies off.

Second spike is going to be new home buyers that got in last year, especially the second half and going into spring summer are going to be there first round of serious home improvements/work.

A lot of these buyers moving directly from rentals aren't going to have tools for yardwork or more serious jobs. I forsee lawn equipment being a big time seller in a couple months.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have shared some of my decent/good plays, so as I am far from perfect, I am going to share a boneheaded mistake in hopes that you won't make the same mistake. $JFU was looking juicy on the 1 month chart with a day or two of runners and was on a solid growth trend line is why I initially bought in yesterday. I bought in at $2.35 (circled in red) after it hit bottom support three times at $2.25 and bounced back up. Lesson! I should have set a stop loss at around the $2.15 mark just incase it failed and broke through support. I didn't, and now I'm eating beans and weenies until this thing decides it wants to recover.

1614101618359.png

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Consumer Staples and Real Estate only two secotrs green, by the slimest of margins.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CCIV tumbling off a cliff. The 3 puts I bought are pretty much the same though. Did I do something too autismo by buying 3 may 21 20$ strikes? I wasn't willing to go over 500$ in.
Short answer: Yes
The time is so far out from the current crash that the delta is miniscule. Unless you truly believe the stock will be under $20 on that date I would try to sell them and recover your money.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think their will be a double spike in sales. First spike was existing home owners stuck at home being motivated to improve and work on their house. This will fade as Coronavirus dies off.

Second spike is going to be new home buyers that got in last year, especially the second half and going into spring summer are going to be there first round of serious home improvements/work.

A lot of these buyers moving directly from rentals aren't going to have tools for yardwork or more serious jobs. I forsee lawn equipment being a big time seller in a couple months.
They have been trading in this flat range since Aug. I like the stock and consider it a long term hold so I am ok with single digit gains for 1st year (plus dividends)

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I added FB to my mom's account at $255 (almost got it perfect) even though I refuse to own it. Its already up 4%. Damn my scruples.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its funny how quiet the Stonkhouse threads got today. Do we need to perform health and welfare checks?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users