Investing General Discussion

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
The real question everyone interested in buying the dip on FB needs to ask, is do you see a fundamental business change. Ad revenue is a concern to me. Is FB the same company it was 2 years ago? Does it still have an unassailable moat? Probably the biggest is do you think the Big Tech companies are done playing nice and acting as a cartel? I'm not saying FB is going to zero, but I am curious if its best days may be behind it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
If you are thinking about FB, this is the zone I would play it in. Historically, it has never had a higher EPS ($14). Today's PE could hit the lowest the stock has seen (17.37 back in 2018). To match that PE the stock price would be $243.18. Also while we may all see this as an oversold condition to the earnings, the overall market sentiment could shift bearish and that could mean that the stock continues to fall as the overall market continues to turn downward. There are a shitload of externalities right now impacting the markets. This could be a real bargain basement opportunity today or it could be an anchor you try and catch. And keep in mind the analysts havent yet come out and starting announcing their price target cuts which will also add fuel to the selling. Lets see if Blazin Blazin and Jysin Jysin chime in with their thoughts.

As for pre-market action, it floated up as high as $262-ish around 5am and has just trailed lower since back down to $247-ish

1643896216631.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The real question everyone interested in buying the dip on FB needs to ask, is do you see a fundamental business change. Ad revenue is a concern to me. Is FB the same company it was 2 years ago? Does it still have an unassailable moat? Probably the biggest is do you think the Big Tech companies are done playing nice and acting as a cartel? I'm not saying FB is going to zero, but I am curious if its best days may be behind it.

Aren't they going to take another big ad revenue hit with the apple changes coming up?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
As an alternative to FB, you have GOOGL. If the market turns and drags it south today/tomorrow, both the 50 and 100 - DMA are right on top of each other providing support. $2826 - $2836 isnt a "bad" entry range (-7% from the high) as this thing still has that 20:1 stock split momo going for it. Once this stock splits and the /wsb crowd can afford to start playing options with it, I can see a gamma tide running this thing higher (just like it did with TSLA). In fact the TSLA move is what I would compare it to since both stock were not affordable with options prior to the split.

1643897058023.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user