Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The old adage is to get a friend with a boat. Helping him clean it once in awhile beats owning. There's a reason this saying exists "The best 2 days of a boat owners life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it."

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Last vacation we threw on credit cards for points and then paid it off when we came back.

I think the next big purchases for us are going to be home improvement stuff like new floors or a backyard sauna for me. I'll just pull money out of my trading acct when I'm ready to do it.

Otherwise, I have no interest in boats, electric luxury cars, giant trucks or whatever dumb shit that men my age like to spend money on. It all sounds like a chore
*cough cough luxury watches* 😉😜

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Retail therapy. I have it, but as bad as others but it's there. Years ago, I molded that into debt and then retirement spending. Oh duck yeah, your gonna get me outta debt. jpg
It took a minor step back 2 years ago when I maxed my Roth IRA on Jan 1 and dumped 90% of it into a broad fund and then Joe Biden happened.
I don’t get this post. Didn’t the dow and s&p just hit all time highs yesterday?

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
I was referencing Joe's first January. I can't remember the specific dates, but my money quickly took a dive.

Time in the market beats timing the market. Usually. Think I'll continue to dollar cost average, sticking money in every paycheck vs dumping from savings at the start of the year. Especially as long as those savings accounts have a decent return

Edit
I went back and looked. Between Biden took office in Jan 2021 and November 2021, the S&P was down 1.2%.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Your pick and why?

vs

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your pick and why?

vs

Expense ratio on TRBCX is way too high, even QQQ is lower by 0.51%. You can split your portfolio between FXAIX and QQQ which I do, though a little heavier towards the SP500

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Your pick and why?

vs

FXAIX for low expense ratio. It’s my core position. Also I own QQQM Instead of QQQ for the lower expense ratio

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Grabbed some AMD this morning

1706102567137.png

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
T hit on revenue and missed on earnings. Overall their numbers werent bad. Down about 2% in early trading but I could see that reverse as people digest the overall earnings. The earnings miss was by two cents a share and they beat by almost a billion on revenue. Subscriber growth up as is free cash flow. They are up almost 30% since being left for dead because of "lead cables".

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
sold and made a few bucks. looks like the selloff might be starting

might buy back in later today

1706108218280.png

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
bought some in my 401k brokerage this morning before market opened. think im gonna keep it for few weeks. some analysts are moving price targets out to 200+ today

another solid almost $1K day so far

1706113043421.png

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Need QQQM to dip so I can be greedy and add to my position. So far total position is up 7%.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bitcoin ETF update:

Outflows from Greyscale continue to outpace inflows into the other ETFs but it looks like this dynamic should flip soonish. Still see it being a headwind for several more weeks but the pressure should start to ease.

The ETF growth has been impressive but people definitely underestimated the effect of $28B fleeing from greyscale, which is odd because I don't even really study bitcoin and this became rather clear to me after about 30 mins of research. My interest level still remains low as far as watching this day to day, but I am eager to see months from now what kind of steady passive trickle of inflows the ETF see. Hate being on the same side of a trade as Cathy Wood but I think it's worth the risk for a small percentage investment to see if it adoption can expand.

The normal disclaimers that this is not some $500k investment for me like other stuff. I'm willing to put up to $40k into this understanding that means potential/likely 50% drawdowns.
My opinion is that a speculative investment like this should be limited to 1-3% of portfolio values. I think for "believers" crypto becomes an all in type of investment, and I'm solidly not in that camp. If that results in me eating crow at $1.5M bitcoin price in the future I'm okay with that.

My current redline is the 200d around 32000

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users