Investing General Discussion

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I've already put $15k of my IJS trade back to work and have another $5k sitting there looking for entries.

I've realized I need a solution that shows me ~10 charts at a time with SMA's, so I don't have to click back and forth through stuff, but I also don't want to pay TradingView $500 a year. Is there a freemium solution to doing this?

Yeah its called a 50 inch TV with ThinkOrSwim

IMG_20240424_121517357.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Update: TSLA is now an AI robotics company.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Update: TSLA is now an AI robotics company.

When you compare their revenue and market cap versus the revenue of other car companies and their market cap, they already are valued as something beyond just a car company.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What trade platform you using and how many screens? You COULD set up thinkorswim to watch 10 at a time, but they end up being silly small. When I was messing around with pennies in a discord group with some people I knew I had 2 27 inch screens with 12 charts each, but they were really only useful for watching for movement. Couldn't see much. It technically is possible though

I’m using TradingView to chart and they limit you to one screen at a time unless you go premium.

I have a 50” monitor, but maybe it’s time to add a side panel for trading. The problem with opening up several tabs with TradingView is that they always refresh back to the main stock, so it’s impossible to track a lot at once.

I use Fidelity to trade.

• 2Launch Fail

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I've realized I need a solution that shows me ~10 charts at a time with SMA's, so I don't have to click back and forth through stuff, but I also don't want to pay TradingView $500 a year. Is there a freemium solution to doing this?
No one pays full price for TV. They regularly run sales as cheap as 60-70% off annual sub prices. That brings the Premium sub down to about $18/mo.

I have linked these deals in this thread a few times.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m using TradingView to chart and they limit you to one screen at a time unless you go premium.

I have a 50” monitor, but maybe it’s time to add a side panel for trading. The problem with opening up several tabs with TradingView is that they always refresh back to the main stock, so it’s impossible to track a lot at once.

I use Fidelity to trade.
This might be a crazy question but why do you need 10 charts open at a time? If your day trading it makes sense I guess but that leads to the next question of why are you day trading. If you are investing and looking for long term targets then focus on one target at a time. Do your analysis, identify the entry/exit points and then set alerts in ATP (since trading in Fidelity) and then move on to the next target. Set up watchlists once you have a list of targets put together and you can see all your targets in a single easy to follow visual such as this.

1713980839590.png

Update your entry exit prices as needed and then update the alerts. If a stock gets close to your price target, then set up your limit order for the day.

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't see this going anywhere but.

“Together, the proposals would increase the top marginal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends to 44.6 percent.”

They either don't understand that the reward for sticking with investments is a lower tax rate or they understand it completely and are just trying to get more money from the middle/upper class and don't get that it will absolutely tank long term gains when you are almost 100% certain to pay less on short term gains. In either case, fuck them for even proposing this shit.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
No one pays full price for TV. They regularly run sales as cheap as 60-70% off annual sub prices. That brings the Premium sub down to about $18/mo.

I have linked these deals in this thread a few times.

You have and I thought about them today when I looked. Hindsight right? Either way, TV isn’t currently an option. So either I wait until the next deal in ??? or find something else.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This might be a crazy question but why do you need 10 charts open at a time? If your day trading it makes sense I guess but that leads to the next question of why are you day trading. If you are investing and looking for long term targets then focus on one target at a time. Do your analysis, identify the entry/exit points and then set alerts in ATP (since trading in Fidelity) and then move on to the next target. Set up watchlists once you have a list of targets put together and you can see all your targets in a single easy to follow visual such as this.

View attachment 526147

Update your entry exit prices as needed and then update the alerts. If a stock gets close to your price target, then set up your limit order for the day.

That’s my philosophy, I’m just adding to the pot monthly and don’t want to look up 15 diff stonks every three weeks to find the best entry.

I’ll check out ATP.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That’s my philosophy, I’m just adding to the pot monthly and don’t want to look up 15 diff stonks every three weeks to find the best entry.

I’ll check out ATP.
Setting up ATP will help you a lot I think. Its a good design. Build a bunch of watchlists, set up alerts and you should be fine.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Setting up ATP will help you a lot I think. It’s a good design. Build a bunch of watchlists, set up alerts and you should be fine.

Sweet! I’m excited. I’ve started doing more planning charts than just making moves willy nilly.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see this going anywhere but.

“Together, the proposals would increase the top marginal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends to 44.6 percent.”
When you've destroyed everything else in the economy but there's one asset class that's alluding you, this is what you do.

If anything we need to abolish taxes since government spending is completely detached from revenue. So the government collects an extra $300b...who cares? They spend that in a couple weeks.

• 1Triggered

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Any big brains here gambled on META earnings call?

• 1Launch Fail