IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Capture.PNG
god damn it.
Hey there!

Safe link, but it exposes how fickle this online crap is.

use chrome

Ps: chrome fixed the bug.

firefox hasnt. I think.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's 20-fucking-17, why am I still using the modems on our tools server to get into customer's systems 4-6 times a day.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's 20-fucking-17, why am I still using the modems on our tools server to get into customer's systems 4-6 times a day.
Because security is expensive and no one likes change.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
RAID 1 incomes.

I successfully flipped around my part time job to full time, and moved my full time job to part time. I'm doing the minimum to get benefits now, 30 hours, and due to my performance at the other job they "felt no need to change anything" so my pay at the previously full time place stays the same.

I think it's critical for long term success that if you do this you make sure it's RAID 1. Not RAID 0. You want the fault tolerance with the current economy.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
10:30 am - Get customer site live on his webserver, this customer being IT just wanting us to configure cause "Its not worth his time"
10:45 am - Finish training customer on the WYISYG editor used to build website so that he can update information
11:00 am - Customer called, practically in tears, cause he 100%, irreparably, broke his website before he could even make a backup and his boss is pissed

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
10:30 am - Get customer site live on his webserver, this customer being IT just wanting us to configure cause "Its not worth his time"
10:45 am - Finish training customer on the WYISYG editor used to build website so that he can update information
11:00 am - Customer called, practically in tears, cause he 100%, irreparably, broke his website before he could even make a backup and his boss is pissed
THE ARISTOCRATS!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I kind of loving working here. Yesterday my boss and I dug around in the Diablo 2 source code to figure out exactly what the chat gem you could toggle on/off did in the game. Looking at the source code for games that I spent my entire childhood playing is almost a bit surreal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I kind of loving working here. Yesterday my boss and I dug around in the Diablo 2 source code to figure out exactly what the chat gem you could toggle on/off did in the game. Looking at the source code for games that I spent my entire childhood playing is almost a bit surreal.

That is pretty cool. In general is the code relatively good or is it kinda hacked together? With some of the bugs I've seen in games in general (not picking on your shop here) it makes me think the architecture is a little shady.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The code was pretty solid, sane and well commented. Granted we're talking about a very old game so its not perfectly modern but the files were named appropriately and the folder structure made sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
If you want to see garbage look at (non mission critical) Defense Contractor code from the same era. Holy shit are people who work for Defense Contractors are bunch of dumbfucks.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The code was pretty solid, sane and well commented. Granted we're talking about a very old game so its not perfectly modern but the files were named appropriately and the folder structure made sense.
I like your standards.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You're such a dick for not telling us.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Seriously, every time I click on this thread I keep thinking "did he post it!?!" but no, NO