IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Activision is hiring coders and security people. One of us is going to have to bite the bullet and move to California so we can put this shit to bed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man this project is never fucking ending. Had to meet with a dude today to test his simulator for my stuff. We never talked before and it didnt work. And they wanted this shit done Friday

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Trying debugging code on dial-up.
Try re-writing a call-center's entire call vectors, skill queues, coverage tables, holiday tables, etc, on dial up, using terminal emulation in putty like it was 1995.

Also, security, what security? The passwords for these modem connections are basically admin/admin1, root/root1, hi I have root on a linux machine inside your network that can ssh and open dynamic tunnels to everything on your network unless you're smart and actually isolated your voice vlan from the rest of your network, and if you were that smart you wouldn't have a contract with us!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Every place I've ever worked I've had to write and debug code over a putty serial connection. At Emc it was a physical connection but at my last place they got fancy with kvms.

Here.. well.. most of our machines are older than me. And I'm 33.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
format c: /fs:fat
rm -rf

Also, got my ITIL cert today.

Not sure whether to go for Linux+ or Windows Server next.

EDIT: Or maybe just VMware; all the Avaya version 7 stuff is going to VMware and its obviously extremely useful in general.

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty sure you need to supply a path so rm -rf would fail because it wouldn't be given a file path. You need rm -rf /

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
rm -rf

Also, got my ITIL cert today.

Not sure whether to go for Linux+ or Windows Server next.

EDIT: Or maybe just VMware; all the Avaya version 7 stuff is going to VMware and its obviously extremely useful in general.
I would do VMware and then Linux. Windows is good but it's such a complicated intertwined network of certs.