Jerle Committed Suicide Today

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This doubt and cross-double doubt has got me wondering.

Why in this day and age isn't there an on-line register of such things as deaths / births / marriages ?

Sure, there's likely to some civil liberties pussies who want to complain about privacy or something.
And probably some weirdo religious group(s) who don't want their personal dealings made public . . .

Fuck, I think I just answered my own question. Too many head aches trying to do such a register.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Why in this day and age isn't there an on-line register of such things as deaths / births / marriages ?

Sure, there's likely to some civil liberties pussies who want to complain about privacy or something.
And probably some weirdo religious group(s) who don't want their personal dealings made public . . .

Fuck, I think I just answered my own question. Too many head aches trying to do such a register.
I think that the UK version of this is released to the public 100 years later although possibly researchers can use it, through a census taken every 10 years.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

County public records sites most certainly have death and marriage records. In my county, the county site (accessible by anyone on the website) will show full detail of marriage certificates, PDFs of them. Death certificates don't have a full PDF, only the name.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Viewing Vital Records

Los Angeles behind on the times?
Probably a product of celebs and other high powered people who live there who want their privacy. My podunk ass county of sub 200,000 people (Florida) has a really robust information system online for both court records and public records. Deeds, marriages, deaths, arrests, traffic tickets, divorces, lawsuits, etcetera, most of which are available in full PDFs, barring certain things such as some domestic cases, cases with children, etcetera. I use it frequently for work, and all surrounding counties also have the same. There could also be state to state laws governing how much is available.

Aha, look at this, on Alameda's website:

Vital Records Research - Clerk-Recorder's Office - Alameda County

Due to changes in State Law, the vital records indexes are no longer available online. To learn more about the State law, click here.

In an attempt to make identity theft more difficult, Health and Safety Code 103526, prevents unauthorized access to vital records information. It limits vital record index access and content.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_78853.jpg

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
"blah blah pity party blah, 3, 2, 1, boom"

People need to stop blaming "depression" for this shit. Life is depressing, there are a ton, a TON of people who, if they think too hard about it, will become depressed. You live through it, that is fucking life, and at some point you hopefully see that yes life is depressing and it is also amazing.

All this depression talk is just a very convenient scapegoat and an overused, misused term 95% of the time. This is mental instability.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You dumb, Wakandan. Depression as a feeling ("My gf dumped me, man how depressing!") vs medical depression ("I've been sad my whole life, and even when I should be happy, it's only slightly better" - and that's not even the worst tbh) are very different things. I bet you're one of those guys who goes "Evolution is only a theory you dumbasses, why do you fall for that shit!" because you don't the difference between a theory and a Scientific Theory.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
"blah blah pity party blah, 3, 2, 1, boom"

People need to stop blaming "depression" for this shit. Life is depressing, there are a ton, a TON of people who, if they think too hard about it, will become depressed. You live through it, that is fucking life, and at some point you hopefully see that yes life is depressing and it is also amazing.

All this depression talk is just a very convenient scapegoat and an overused, misused term 95% of the time. This is mental instability.
2/10. You're going to have to try a little harder than that homie.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2/10. You're going to have to try a little harder than that homie.
It's not really a trolling, there's really idiots who say his precise shit. Seen so many of them over the years when my wife mentions her depression issues to random folks.

Hell, right now dealing with her freaking out because my dad just got moved to a 24/7 Care Center for his Parkinson's last night, something we've been discussing and working through/planning for for about six weeks since we spent three days with my parents and saw first hand how he was progressing - but yet she's completely bowled over by it and dealing with seriously deep depression issues over it (although better than many times right now - she only almost alienated half her new friends down here rather than trying something of Jerle's flavor).

No amount of preparation or ignoring works for a depressive type - frankly looking at my wife and I (we spend so many hours together each day we're codependent really) - I'd say that's the biggest thing with depression is you find stupid things to latch onto and you can't drop them no matter what. I've got like three insecurities that are hard to let go of (but I've actually started to make progress on being in the new environment - people seem far less critical down here) but I'm sure she's over a hundred different insecurities with life - there's a daily crisis and a constant sense of panic with her.