Job Hunting

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I currently work with a consultant company that has much reach with companies across the tech sector. Many are building out AI systems behind the scenes to take over most roles in CSR and Coding, with CSR projected to land within 5 years (they say), coding AI taking over within 10.

If you're not hearing anything about that, then maybe Salesforce isn't headed in that direction yet. Might be a good path for others till retirement.
But that's the thing. CSR is by definition extremely repetitive and there's a limitation on what you need it to do.

Coding a solution, for something, by comparison requires being able to accurately describe the use case and all edge cases to the AI you want to write this or that. But you need to tell it every facet of what you want it to build in a very specific way. You also need to tell it explicitly what dependencies and shit it has. Server names, ip addresses, api keys, where to put payloads, how to parse payloads, etc, etc.

So it would just end up being another abstraction layer on top of the code itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I currently work with a consultant company that has much reach with companies across the tech sector. Many are building out AI systems behind the scenes to take over most roles in CSR and Coding, with CSR projected to land within 5 years (they say), coding AI taking over within 10.

If you're not hearing anything about that, then maybe Salesforce isn't headed in that direction yet. Might be a good path for others till retirement.
Can you walk us through an example? How would AI fix the heartbleed vulnerability?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Can you walk us through an example? How would AI fix the heartbleed vulnerability?
Sesame Street Idk GIF

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My contract at my current job will run out at the end of the month and I decided to take a look in here. I live in Eurostan and have mostly governmental work behind me and a shit humanities degree. I noticed a lot of people here talking about Salesforce here, almost as if it were something you could do from anywhere with minimal training (mostly official Salesforce training). Is this true? Also, what exactly is it? Helping companies sell stuff better? Finally, can you work at it from Europe, even if you work for a US company?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My contract at my current job will run out at the end of the month and I decided to take a look in here. I live in Eurostan and have mostly governmental work behind me and a shit humanities degree. I noticed a lot of people here talking about Salesforce here, almost as if it were something you could do from anywhere with minimal training (mostly official Salesforce training). Is this true? Also, what exactly is it? Helping companies sell stuff better? Finally, can you work at it from Europe, even if you work for a US company?
Ok so basically this is a bit of a grey area, as I understand it in order to be a W2 even full remote you still need a work visa. Our vendors that have people use third party contracting services so it's just B2B contracting and I'm assuming they take a cut. I would look into those contracting companies you have in your country that you can work for (as an employee or contractor).

Salesforce or any sort of PaaS or SaaS work is doable but you have to find the right place to build experience. I'm not sure how available entry level contracting positions are, my perception is it would have to be project team work until you're qualified enough to do smaller jobs on your own as an admin or dev or whatever. That part might depend more on your access to a big enough international technical labor contractor the you can hire on with.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks... sounds more complex to get into than to learn. I'll think about it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Salesforce is the more ideal avenue because Salesforce makes it a thing to give away their platform for free to non-profits and organizations under a certain size. This allows you to find more places to gain experience as a non-profit using Salesforce will hire someone with minimal experience below the market price for SFDC certified admins. Allowing you to gain experience required to get the higher paying positions.

Workday and ServiceNow offer similar career paths but getting your foot in the door is harder as only bigger organizations will have these services due to cost.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Going to need this thread real soon, after two years or so of remote work I am forced back into the office, all OT cut including working lunches and they have me training a bunch of people to do what I do... Feels very specific to fuck me over and make me quit. If my side hustle can't become a full time gig, a job hunting I will go.

10 years they have never requested I clock out for lunch or cared about OT. Was just do your job and all is well. At least two hours added on to my day due to traffic and commute time as well.

What's best way to get resume out there and any site that shows what AI trigger words to avoid?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Going to need this thread real soon, after two years or so of remote work I am forced back into the office, all OT cut including working lunches and they have me training a bunch of people to do what I do... Feels very specific to fuck me over and make me quit. If my side hustle can't become a full time gig, a job hunting I will go.

10 years they have never requested I clock out for lunch or cared about OT. Was just do your job and all is well. At least two hours added on to my day due to traffic and commute time as well.

What's best way to get resume out there and any site that shows what AI trigger words to avoid?
Depends on industry probably. IMO order is like this:

1) talk to people in the industry you know to see if you can get a referral (or just straight up another job)
2) reach out to companies or people you are familiar with but don't have contacts at to ask about openings
3) reach out to recruiters and companies on linked in you don't know but fit your skills
4) Apply to job postings on usual places
5) Send unsolicited emails to companies with your resume

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, you can do everything right and still not get anywhere. The fucking algorithms don't always work, and there's no human looking at resumes.

My old manager had an absolutely phenomenal resume...Green Beret, MBA, tons and tons of experience and certifications and credentials and he got autorejected for the job I knew him from, and the only reason he ended up here is because he accidentally reapplied for the same job on LinkedIn.

I had a guy reach out to me about a spot on his crew, basically he had already cleared the path for me, told his boss he had the perfect guy for it, we customized my resume to that job specifically, and I still got fucking autorejected for it.

It's about as bad as dating sites these days.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Called it, was brought in on a final productivity warning because I didn't have enough tickets...forget the fact 90% of the work I do doesn't involve the ticket system I was never once told I need to increase my ticket count. I quit the next day, and when I did they offered me consulting hours to continue doing what I just got written up to do... I half Jokingly said I will consider it if if I get adobe back and not this bullshit foxit and a better laptop. They immediately said yes, I have been asking for this stuff for at least 2 years. Pissed me off so much I didn't even want to hear the full offer and quit on the spot. Fuck the 2 weeks.

The business is doing OK but it isn't fuck you money so decided to change careers, currently applying around to be an apprentice electrician. Starting over at 41, gonna be low man on the totem poll for a while but always liked working with my hands and electrician is something that has always interested me.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Called it, was brought in on a final productivity warning because I didn't have enough tickets...forget the fact 90% of the work I do doesn't involve the ticket system I was never once told I need to increase my ticket count. I quit the next day, and when I did they offered me consulting hours to continue doing what I just got written up to do... I half Jokingly said I will consider it if if I get adobe back and not this bullshit foxit and a better laptop. They immediately said yes, I have been asking for this stuff for at least 2 years. Pissed me off so much I didn't even want to hear the full offer and quit on the spot. Fuck the 2 weeks.

The business is doing OK but it isn't fuck you money so decided to change careers, currently applying around to be an apprentice electrician. Starting over at 41, gonna be low man on the totem poll for a while but always liked working with my hands and electrician is something that has always interested me.
Good luck dude!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've sometimes considered doing precisely this. Will be interested to hear how it goes for you. Good luck!

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider

Find a union hall and sign up. The best benefits anywhere and after 5 years you can take the journeyman test, scale where I am is around $42 + benefits.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Boss notified me today that both the health plans that we contract under are pulling their contracts. At least I have about 60 days of runway.

I know that most of y'all are in tech or trades, but if any of you by chance hear of any insurance nursing (UM) jobs, hit me up.

Thanks.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Boss notified me today that both the health plans that we contract under are pulling their contracts. At least I have about 60 days of runway.

I know that most of y'all are in tech or trades, but if any of you by chance hear of any insurance nursing (UM) jobs, hit me up.

Thanks.
What part of the country? Also, you could look into traveling nurse, I hear that gig pays pretty well.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
What part of the country? Also, you could look into traveling nurse, I hear that gig pays pretty well.

North Texas, so fortunately my license is compact and can be taken to around 40ish other states without an issue.

Travel nursing does pay well and theoretically is a possibility, but most UM positions are not travel outside of very far-flung states like Alaska (and most of them would rather just pay a relo and turn you into a permanent FTE). I'm fine going to places like that; the spouse isn't unless I have no other choice.

As for clinical nursing, I would rather flip burgers or do a total career change than go back to that.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
North Texas, so fortunately my license is compact and can be taken to around 40ish other states without an issue.

Travel nursing does pay well and theoretically is a possibility, but most UM positions are not travel outside of very far-flung states like Alaska (and most of them would rather just pay a relo and turn you into a permanent FTE). I'm fine going to places like that; the spouse isn't unless I have no other choice.

As for clinical nursing, I would rather flip burgers or do a total career change than go back to that.
Well, I know CO and FL have lots of medical type jobs all over the place. I'm not well versed enough to know if they would be up your alley, but I wish you luck!

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

I do digital marketing and have been using GPT for 3 years now, maybe even more. ChatGPT fucked me because it gave away the UI for free, whereas for the previous 3 years I would pay $1100/year for an annual license with jasper.ai which was offering GPT-2 and GPT-3. I was using it to build content mega clusters for lawyers, doctors, etc. to dominate entire industries in their particular city for organic traffic . Now everyone can do it without the $1100/year barrier to entry.

Anyways, if the timeline to replacement for CSR is 5 years and coding is 10 years, almost all digital content written in the past 6 months is already using ChatGPT. People don't write anymore.

One case study I was looking at last week had a guy buy an expired shitty domain in July 2023, write 20,000 articles with ChatGPT in 2 months and bring in 12M monthly sessions a month by September 2023. He threw up a bunch of display ads and his passive income is $60k/mo.

We use ChatGPT for everything and half of my job these days is teaching all our writers how to use ChatGPT to game the Google ranking systems.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users