Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The lynching of George Zimmerman and at the end evidence that corporate media isn't journalism, infact we should be warry that they do call it "media" and not the news, because think of what else is "media" like movies and music ect.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
well you are supposing they wouldn't have robbed him anyways, and didn't just say that because it was convienant and maybe funny like an inside joke.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually I was Just pointing out how its never going to end in the media or idiots whining about it. The whole thing is stupid.

spronk

FPS noob
The lynching of George Zimmerman and at the end evidence that corporate media isn't journalism, infact we should be warry that they do call it "media" and not the news, because think of what else is "media" like movies and music ect.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
? Isaac Asimov

http://mediamatters.org/video/2011/0...n-globa/183468

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's tv trumped up bullshit, I went to a Jesuit high school, They tought the history and philosophy of nearly every major religion much more thoroughly than the local high school did, the actual religious intelligentsia like talking about other religions. I like how the words "spirited debate" are hanging in the background implying that whatever the tv angle says is the publics "debate".

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So her talking points involved -

1. You are a Muslim
2. Someone made an incredibly broad criticism about your book, refute them
3. What an idiot from the chat room has to say
4. You are a SECRET Muslim and it never comes up in the media despite this being a television interview where I, a media person, brought it up 1st thing.

So, Idiocracy then.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I also like the implication that a book about Jesus is only "unbiased" if the author is a Christian. Nice logic.

iannis

Musty Nester
OTOH, he only took the engagement to promote his book. He didn't take an interview on Fox News, as a Muslim scholar of Christianity, because he really thought he was going to educate anybody.

On. Fox. News.

I mean yeah, she's wrong as shit and annoyingly wrong and transparently wrong. His motivations might bear some thought. I imagine he either took that shit on a dare, or he lost a bet.

But yeah, she's more wronger.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
yeah the book guy is just looking to expose the idea so his book sells better, you can question the method but clearly that guy is an intellectual and not some imam with a million other conflicts of interest regarding his ideology.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
One other thing. I honestly believe the parents should be prosecuted in cases like this. If your 14 year old is running the streets at 2a.m. and gets shot breaking into someone's home then you, as a parent, should be held responsible because he's still a minor and under your authority. They literally are to blame for this.
Lock them in their room with no windows from the outside every night before bed to make sure they're not getting in to trouble/sneaking out? Put one of those shock collars on everybodies kids so that they get zapped if they try to cross your property line?

I'm not at all trying to say that bad parenting and or no parenting aren't partially responsible for some of the bad apples but you've got to be drunk if you honestly think that you can stop a 14 year old from getting in to trouble if that's what he or she wants to do.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, but why would a 14yo want to break into someone's property to steal/burgle their car/house? when i was 14 i wanted to do 3 things. write horror stories, play nintendo and get laid. at no point did i ever say, "hmm that guy on the next block has nice stuff, why cant i have that stuff? i think ima go there and take that stuff for myself".

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Didn't his family call him a proffessional thief? That's a bit different than kids sneaking out their window to go skateboarding.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Last time I checked, wannabe thugs carried weapons.
Tell that to Reginald Denny, if you don't know, he was the guy pulled out of his truck during the 1992 LA Riots. He wasn't shot but he was beaten very close to death from guys punching, kicking and throwing cinder blocks on him.

Yeah wanna be thugs need gunz, uh huh.

Timber_sl

shitlord
OTOH, he only took the engagement to promote his book. He didn't take an interview on Fox News, as a Muslim scholar of Christianity, because he really thought he was going to educate anybody.

On. Fox. News.

I mean yeah, she's wrong as shit and annoyingly wrong and transparently wrong. His motivations might bear some thought. I imagine he either took that shit on a dare, or he lost a bet.

But yeah, she's more wronger.
The entire interview looked staged to me. He got promote his book and show off his righteous indignation over having his motives/conclusions questioned in light of the fact that he's Muslim and Fox got to play up the religious right. Seems win/win to me.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Tell that to Reginald Denny, if you don't know, he was the guy pulled out of his truck during the 1992 LA Riots. He wasn't shot but he was beaten very close to death from guys punching, kicking and throwing cinder blocks on him.

Yeah wanna be thugs need gunz, uh huh.
I think Blackyce likes the idea of killing black kids. What a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.