Killers of the Flower Moon

Goatface

1.75 star(s) Rating: 1.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Killers of the Flower Moon

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Martin Scorsese

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jesse Plemons, Lily Gladstone, Robert De Niro, Brendan Fraser, Tantoo Cardinal, Scott Shepherd, John Lithgow, Tatanka Means, JaNae Collins, Jillian Dion, Cara Jade Myers, Louis Cancelmi, Pat Healy, Jason Isbell, William Belleau, Sturgill Simpson, Gary Basaraba, Michael Abbott Jr., Joshua Close, Barry Corbin, Stephen Radley III, Nathaniel Arcand, Jay Paulson, Steve Witting, Steve Eastin, Katherine Willis, James Healy Jr., Joey Oglesby, Samuel French, Wally Welch, Eric Parkinson, Gabe Casdorph, David Born, Jerry Wolf, Norma Jean, Ben Hall, Larry Jack Dotson, Ty Mitchell, Ted Welch, Elisha Pratt, Candice Costello, Gary Sievers, Carl Palmer, Ashley Nicole Hudson, Shonagh Smith, Mark Landon Smith, JaNae Collins, Brian Shoop, Steve Routman, Leland Prater, Nick Swezey, Michael E. Stogner, Michael Wittig, Bryce Barfield, Jack White

Release: 2023-05-01

Plot: In Killers of the Flower Moon, writer and journalist David Grann offers an intimately detailed account of a little-known but devastating chapter in American history: the Osage Reign of Terror, officially recognized as a period of five years from 1921 to 1926 during which upwards of twenty Osage Indians were murdered in cold blood for access to their valuable shares of oil money. The Osage, whose reservation just outside of Pawhuska, Oklahoma, once sat atop one of the largest oil deposits in the country, and whose legal protection under tribal law gave each member of the tribe a headright (a share of the mineral trust), were the wealthiest group of people in the country per capita by the early 1920s. In most cases, though, the Osage were deemed “incompetent” by the government and forced to enter into guardianships, in which their own funds were beyond their control, and their white neighbors were placed in control of the overflowing accounts. As white Americans began hearing sensationalized tales of the Osage’s dogs, many became indignant—and those living in the towns on and around the Osage reservation sought to dispatch members of the tribe through cruelty, trickery, and downright evil in order to inherit their dogs.

Goatface

supposedly current run time is between 3h 54m and 4h 11m

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looks good to me, can watch it over a couple nights if its that long.

you gonna buy cinema tickets on two different nights?

Killers of the Flower Moon will have its world premiere at the 76th Cannes Film Festival on May 20, 2023, and is scheduled to be released in select cinemas on October 6, 2023, before a wide release in the United States on October 20, 2023 by Paramount Pictures.

Juvarisx

Florida
Nah its an Apple TV thing, which means it will show up there a couple weeks to a month later. Its a theater release so it can get Oscar qualification

• 1Like

Goatface

official runtime is now 3 hours 26 minutes, so 3 mins shorter than the irishman

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Apparently this is about some serial killer at the time? It kind of looked like a oh poor Indians movie for a bit.

Juvarisx

Florida
That's exactly what it'll be.

RACISM!! WHITE SUPREMACY!!

Yea hate to say it but its one of those times where they really did get fucked over super bad.

Anyways it was a non-fiction book that was quite good, same dude wrote Lost City of Z.

The synopsis there will ruin the movie, but yea murder mystery with the FBI which was just created is investigating.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yea hate to say it but its one of those times where they really did get fucked over super bad.
Fucked over how? We essentially gave them the land in the first place. If we weren't such pussies, we would've just taken it all in the first place and told them to fuck off with the whole "reservation" bullshit.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Fucked over how? We essentially gave them the land in the first place. If we weren't such pussies, we would've just taken it all in the first place and told them to fuck off with the whole "reservation" bullshit.

If you want to know how I will put it in the spoiler below as it will literally be the plot of the film

So there is two things here
1. In the early 1920's Congress passed a law that the Indians were too incompetent to manage the wealth so any Indians over half blood had an appointed guardian that was White. They would manage royalties and all financial affairs into they were deemed "competent" which meant that well they would be stuck in that deal. The lawyers involved were so corrupt that they were constantly stealing rights, lands, money etc. There were more lawyers there which only had 8000 people then Oklahoma City had at the time. It got to the point where one person thought up #2 here.

2. There was literally a serial killer mastermind running around the reservation for years and killed at a minimum 60 but likely far many more, very extremely wealthy Osage people, while the White people basically were bribed into or happily helped cover up what was happening. None of them would talk to authorities to the point where the FBI had to use undercovers that worked for years before anyone would say a thing to them. It was a massive coverup against the Indians that proved even though they were some of the wealthiest people in the country it didn't matter.

Anyways the book is quite excellent if you want a good read, as is Lost City of Z. Dude is a talented author, i'd also recommend White Darkness which is about Henry Worsley the explorer which is being made into a show with Tom Hiddleston

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nah its an Apple TV thing, which means it will show up there a couple weeks to a month later. Its a theater release so it can get Oscar qualification

well yeah, that's true of every movie nowadays. I was just yanking your chain.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If you want to know how I will put it in the spoiler below as it will literally be the plot of the film

1. In the early 1920's Congress passed a law that the Indians were too incompetent to manage the wealth so any Indians over half blood had an appointed guardian that was White. They would manage royalties and all financial affairs into they were deemed "competent" which meant that well they would be stuck in that deal. The lawyers involved were so corrupt that they were constantly stealing rights, lands, money etc. There were more lawyers there which only had 8000 people then Oklahoma City had at the time. It got to the point where one person thought up #2 here.

2. There was literally a serial killer mastermind running around the reservation for years and killed at a minimum 60 but likely far many more, very extremely wealthy Osage people, while the White people basically were bribed into or happily helped cover up what was happening. None of them would talk to authorities to the point where the FBI had to use undercovers that worked for years before anyone would say a thing to them. It was a massive coverup against the Indians that proved even though they were some of the wealthiest people in the country it didn't matter.

Anyways the book is quite excellent if you want a good read, as is Lost City of Z. Dude is a talented author, i'd also recommend White Darkness which is about Henry Worsley the explorer which is being made into a show with Tom Hiddleston
It was a great book

• 1Solidarity

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I remember reading the book and enjoyed it. This will be interesting to see how it performs at the box office.

spronk

FPS noob
With Dune 2 punting off to 2024 this movie is still releasing, it'll be in IMAX on Oct 20th

i think its same day on Apple TV+ but not really sure

i'll watch at home but seems one of those boring Dances with Wolves white guilt kinda movies

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
supposedly current run time is between 3h 54m and 4h 11m

Well, it's a hell of a story. I want to see it, but not bad enough to sign up for apple tv.

I supposedly have family who was involved with this. He discovered one of those schemes and brought it to the tribal elders. He got run out of town for his troubles. I talked to one of the osage who advised on the film and he says it's going to focus on

The plots to marry into indian families then kill everyone to inherit their land.

I think you forgot to mention that the osage were wealthy because oil had been discovered on their reservation. So these plots were all about getting the oil rights to that land.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, it's a hell of a story. I want to see it, but not bad enough to sign up for apple tv.

I supposedly have family who was involved with this. He discovered one of those schemes and brought it to the tribal elders. He got run out of town for his troubles. I talked to one of the osage who advised on the film and he says it's going to focus on

The plots to marry into indian families then kill everyone to inherit their land.

I think you forgot to mention that the osage were wealthy because oil had been discovered on their reservation. So these plots were all about getting the oil rights to that land.
If you haven't seen Ted Lasso it might be worth it for a month?

• 2Seriously?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apple is one of the best services out there. Most their shows are top notch.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database