Killers of the Flower Moon

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I worry that while
A great story this could be, Scorcese won’t be overly woke on this but also is now the most pretentious self serving director in the word. So I won’t feel like this is preaching down on evil whites it’s gonna for sure be a masturbatory “look at is shedding light on the evil”

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
but also is now the most pretentious self serving director in the word.

Taika Waiti sends his regards

Personally I hope it's not another Irishman snoozefest, I've never been able to get into that movie at all

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I worry that while
A great story this could be, Scorcese won’t be overly woke on this but also is now the most pretentious self serving director in the word. So I won’t feel like this is preaching down on evil whites it’s gonna for sure be a masturbatory “look at is shedding light on the evil”

I mean, can you make an argument where whites weren't super shitty towards Natives pre 1930?

At any rate, the book is really good and I'm really looking forward to this. Much like Ossoi Ossoi suggested, I hope its not Irishman'esq....but at 3h 26min runtime, its hard to be optimistic.

• 1Picard

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I mean, can you make an argument where whites weren't super shitty towards Natives pre 1930?

At any rate, the book is really good and I'm really looking forward to this. Much like Ossoi Ossoi suggested, I hope its not Irishman'esq....but at 3h 26min runtime, its hard to be optimistic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

im sure that they were super shitty on both sides. somebody fucked around and found out.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

I mean I think anyone who views it as being shitty is a fag.

White men long ago came here and conquered the land. Just like literally every single populated foot of earth. Not one human alive is a direct descendent of an ancestor that lived where they are 5 thousand years ago.

It’s just the reality of humanity. So you think Mongolia is full of conquered people making movies like this today?

Shit, they were allowed to kee their tribes, were given land, and not eradicated. Seems like the natives got off easier than most conquered peoples.

And don’t think this is me being edgy. I have no stake in the game. My first ancestors stepped foot in America in 1890 and hailed from counties without a history of colonialism in the Western Hemisphere. We played no part in it and also can’t claim to have helped build this country prior. It’s just reality.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol Jesus you guys are easy
when you say something like 'white people were super shitty to injuns', are you surprised at a retort? people are shitty to each other, its not just white on brown. its everyone on everyone. do better, bro.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
when you say something like 'white people were super shitty to injuns', are you surprised at a retort? people are shitty to each other, its not just white on brown. its everyone on everyone. do better, bro.

Typical white response ;)

• 1Direct to DVD

spronk

FPS noob
1697640622553.png

1697640777542.png

out this weekend I guess, but no date listed when it'll land on Apple TV+

i dunno why but i just don't really care about any of the "big" movies releasing this fall. This, Napoleon, Ferrari, etc. I'll watch em all at home eventually but no real interest in sitting in a theater for 3-4 hours to watch this shit

1697640889677.png

oh yeah that really sells me on the experience lol

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I really want to see this, but my not wanting to sit in a theater for 3.5 hours is stronger I think.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1697642707206.png

i am surprised theaters don't require intermissions for movies over 3 hours. that extra concession $ might make up some for the loss of another showing.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
thats why you take somebody with you, so when you get popcorn or take a piss, they fill in the blanks when you get back and piss off everyone in the theater. realistically, this movie is for older people and will likely be boring as fuck for half of it. you will know when to take a leak and you wont even care if you do miss something.

Szlia

View attachment 495891

i am surprised theaters don't require intermissions for movies over 3 hours. that extra concession $ might make up some for the loss of another showing.
This reminds me there were issues with Titanic when it released: some theaters were running it at 25 frames per second instead of 24 to be able to squeeze an additional screening in their schedule.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is was a decent movie overall but honestly at least an hour and 1/2 longer than it had any reason to be. Scorsese is just sniffing his own farts for part of this.