Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good movie, samuel l jackson is pretty useless. Other actor playing his role would be great.
7/10

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looking good so far, didnt know he was against making sequel
Matthew Vaughn doesn't typically stick around for sequels. However, you may be pleased to hear he might be sticking around with the Kingsman franchise should a sequel come to be.

"Well, the good news is that I'm writing it next door at the moment. If I think I can get the script good enough, then we are making it," Vaughn told Yahoo. "We are doing our damndest to make that happen." That doesn't solidify him coming back to direct, but his love for the characters might. "I'm in love with these characters and I want to work with them again so I'll probably be breaking the rule of [me] tending not to make sequels," Vaughn added.

When we spoke to the Kingsman director prior to it's theatrical release, he sang a similar tune, telling us, "If the public buy the tickets, I will do a sequel. It's not up to me. If it's a big hit, I would love to do a sequel." Well, Mr. Vaughn, your Kingsman film has grossed over $400 million worldwide on an $81 million budget - I'd say it's a hit. It is currently sitting as the 29th highest grossing comic book movie of all time. Check out where it stacks up right here.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
29th highest grossing comic book movie of all time doesn't really seem that high. Take out the MCU and dark knight trilogy, what is he being compared to? 80's superman? I mean those were great films, sure... But now all that's left are movies like ghost rider and league if extraordinary gentlemen. Not great company to be in.

Edit: I forget about movies like road to perdition and 300 being comic book movies. Still though... 29th doesn't seem that prestigious

Homsar

Never cared about that part of the article lol. but if you think about Watchmen, Constantine, Road to perdition, Wanted, History of Violence, kickass, V for Vendettan, batman films, 35+ marvel films, superman, Ninja turles, transformers .... It is something to bring up

Yes a no name comic surpassed lots of DC and Marvel films, made more than Hulk and captain america

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If most of your audience doesn't know it came from a comic book then it isn't a comic book movie. Because it wasn't widely successful until they made the movie.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
By the way the copy I got off Amazon has the anal sex joke still.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. The movie was the whole package - humor, over the top action, and excellent pacing. I wish they had marketed this better so I had seen it in theaters. It looked like another tween action movie... guess I overlooked the R rating.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I gotta be honest, I know a lot of people are saying it, but I really don't get where the 'tween action movie' idea came from. We just watched some trailers and didn't get that kind of vibe. Was it purely agism because the main guy was young?

Homsar

Yeah I didnt get it either, I think I kept disagreeing early in the thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe from the initial trailers? I know when I first saw the trailers for it a year ago I thought it was gonna be some dumb movie.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Maybe from the initial trailers? I know when I first saw the trailers for it a year ago I thought it was gonna be some dumb movie.
To me, at least half the first trailer looked like this was a movie based on a popular coming-of-age teen novel, but you bros decide for yourselves:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mace windu was the only thing about that trailer that might have made me think this was a tween (or kids) movie.

BTW, I like how they threw in the scene with the princess when he was about to get anal. Obviously didn't catch that the first time around.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This movie was fucking sublime. The action was surreal but still physical enough to be grounded and keep within the movie's framework so as not to appear eye-roll worthy. Eggsy was a punk kid, but played it well unlike the over the top 'durr I do everything against my own interest because I'm a punk durr'. The villain's plot was exotic but had believable facets (such as SIM cards as a distribution method) and best of allthey never fucking tried to fake-science explain bullshit with insanely stupid shit that would make anyone with half a brain cringe with retard-stroke. They just said shit like "it's a neurotoxin" or "it's bulletproof" instead of calling the audience stupid by trying to explain shit that the stuff obviouslywasn'tjust because some shit C rate screenwriter said "lol but how they understand if no expository?!??!!"

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only thing I thought that was hokey was the whole storyline about his mom beating up her boyfriend. The rest of the movie was great.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
This movie sucked and made me want to vomit, mostly because so many people thought it was good. I feel like there's some sort of exhilarating feeling of watching a young douche succeed in a world where old white dudes are failing that's blinding everyone to this film's shittasticness. During the scene where he was brought into a school full of stereotypical rich white butt hole dudes I told my wife "Ok, this is where he does really well and beats out most of the dudes, but at the end the girl ends up winning and the other white guy while he fails, but then gets brought back to save the world and becomes a Kingsman AFTERALL!"

Well, it didn't exactly unfold like that, but pretty fucking close. Also, that bitch with metal knife feet sneaking up on dudes and slicing them open? Really? Ole champion tap dancer is sneaking up on super soldiers?

Throw in the 10,000 point blank machine gun bursts that Eggo Waffle miraculously dodged and you have yourself a retarded ass movie.

Glad so many people liked it, but don't really see where you were coming from. Enjoyed Jack Ryan more and had no expectations for that shit.