Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Newest trailer is great. And ya a mix of every kind of spy movie mixed into one sounds very good to me. Also I love that remix of Deep Purple's Hush. This one I found on YouTube sounds close to it if it isn't the one.

This is the song in the trailer:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Early screenings all pretty much stated if you liked kickass, you'll love this. Also their movie posters are good stuff lol

Oh and Firth apparently is an awesome badass which Im ready to see

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Holy Shit, I didn't realize this was actually Rated R. This just became a must-see. And yeah, those earlier trailers sucked.

They said fuck twice in the trailer. Not guaranteed an R.

This movie looks terrible.

Homsar

Early reactions

Things happen in Kingsman that I've never seen before in a mainstream movie. It'll divide some people, but great to see risks this big.
Kingsman: The Secret Service is a blast. Audacious, hyper-violent, stylish, funny and the work of an utter madman. In the best possible way.
One scene in Kingsman: The Secret Service is so energised, violent & batshit crazy, I didn't know whether to cower or leap up & cheer
And yes, there's a Colin Firth action sequence that comes on like the whole of The Raid meets the last 20 minutes of Braindead.
Wow I had no idea KINGSMAN was going to be a hyper-violent, hard-R type movie.
So much verve & invention in Kingsman: The Secret Service. Like Bond's mischievous, foul-mouthed, psychotic cousin
If you enjoyed Kick Ass, you'll love Kingsman: Secret Service. An exhilarating, funny film with a distinctly British heart.
If you've ever wanted to see Colin Firth go Raid-style loco on a room full of people, scored to Freebird, this is the movie for you.
Well, Kingsman: The Secret Service is utterly demented. Mostly in a good way.
#Kingsman: by no means perfect, but the last third is just ridiculously entertaining. One scene is ridiculously, jaw-droppingly violent.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
OK how about we do this. Daniel Craig Bond can keep going down the gritty, dark path and this franchise can do the campy, fun shit like the Roger Moore and Connery Bond. Deal? K, great.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's funny, I watched a trailer for this on Conan months ago, and I was all like, meeeeh. But these last couple of weeks?? I'm getting pretty excited.

OK how about we do this. Daniel Craig Bond can keep going down the gritty, dark path and this franchise can do the campy, fun shit like the Roger Moore and Connery Bond. Deal? K, great.
Yeah, sounds like a plan. I always liked Roger Moore as Bond, but he was also the odd man out. And with the quality of the recent Bond movies, I totally agree with you. K, great.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
my 10yr old daughter wants to see this...we saw the trailer at the hobbit 3 show sunday

if rated r not gonna though

she also wants to see avengers ultron, annie, etc

Homsar

Definitely not take from early reviews on the gore. Anyways more reviews, pretty bold statement to says this is his best film over a flick like stardust ect

The Hollywood Reporter - Good
Playing a world-saving and somewhat world-weary superagent, Colin Firth is the epitome of suave, as lethal as he is elegant, in the spy thriller Kingsman: The Secret Service. His sad-eyed heroics ground the comic-book adaptation, while Samuel L. Jackson brings the goofball villainy, big-time, as a mad genius who concocts a ticking time bomb of a scheme. As he did in X-Men: First Class, director Matthew Vaughn strikes an energetic balance between cartoonish action and character-driven drama, though the tinge here is darker, with a story that hinges on matters of climate change, the insidiousness of technology and the class divide.

Variety - Good
For those who think James Bond has gotten a little too serious in his old age, "Kingsman: The Secret Service" brings the irreverence back to the British spy genre, offering a younger, streetwise variation on the 007 formula while gleefully pushing audiences' favorite elements - sartorial taste, killer toys and cracked-out supervillains - to hyperbolic extremes. Based on Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons' 2012 comicbook series and directed by Matthew Vaughn in much the same pop, over-the-top style as his earlier "Kick-Ass," Fox's franchise-ready one-off at first poses as a more teen-friendly option, before taking a hard turn into decidedly R-rated territory. Plenty have tried to adapt the 007 shtick to younger characters, with demonstrably dopey results. In the end, the reason it works for Vaughn is that he's making the film for adults.

The Wrap - 4/5
The fifth and, yes, best film from director Matthew Vaughn ("Layer Cake," "X-Men: First Class"), "Kingsman: The Secret Service" is a startlingly enjoyable and well-made action film leavened by humor and slicked along by style, made by, for, and about people who've seen far too many Bond films. Fleet-footed and unrepentantly British, it's a reunion of sorts behind the scenes for Vaughn and comics writer Mark Millar, but it's infinitely better than their 2010 collaboration "Kick-Ass." Credit for that goes to Vaughn's adaptation of the script alongside producer Jane Goldman, which finds cheer and cleverness in Millar's mixture of retro-style spy action with a snobs-versus-slobs twist.

The Guardian - The spirit of 007 is all over this movie, but Vaughn's script (written with frequent collaborator Jane Goldman) has a licence to poke fun. [The] overall vibe is sheer glee, as if no one involved in the production can believe they're getting away with making such a bats**t Bond. Millar's voice seems to be egging on Vaughn, whose last film, X-Men: First Class, was quite enjoyable but not nearly hardcore enough for denizens of the darker comic-book playgrounds [unlike 'Kingsman'].

Empire - It's hard to argue with a billion bucks at the box office, of course, but at the same time it's hard not to feel that the Bournification of the James Bond franchise may have robbed 007 of his sense of fun. Which is where Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman: The Secret Service comes in. It's got ingenious gadgets, suave heroes with the ability to identify a rare brand of Scotch from smell alone, megalomaniacal villains and deadly henchwomen with blades where their legs used to be. It's filthy, funny and very violent - and frankly it's the most fun 007 has been in years.

Homsar

Also this seems to have a pretty decent budget off of an almost unknown comic, how is this shit getting a hard R rating but they wont do it for the new Road Warrior

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Also this seems to have a pretty decent budget off of an almost unknown comic, how is this shit getting a hard R rating but they wont do it for the new Road Warrior
Because Hollywood logic is that an R guarantees $0 revenues.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Screening is tonight. 16 people in line 2 hours before. Feels and looks like a comic con line...anyways will report back tonight.

Caliane

Where does this fit in the timeline of Wanted and Kick ass?
for reference, this happens after Wanted, after Kickass. but, before both Kick ass 2 and 3.
Nemesis is about the same time I think. with Superior about the same time as Kick Ass 3.

Homsar

Wait, wanted and these are supposed to take place in the same world or something ? or are you talking about the time the issues came out