Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)

Caliane

movies eh. wanted movie especially did not match the comics. Particularly the most relevant part, "supervillians killed all the superheroes, and used magic to literally rewrite reality, so only THEY had superpowers" was totally skipped in the movie.

Millar has been trying to shoehorn all his comics into a single universe though.
Currently seems to be 2 possibly 3 timelines. some of it was originally he didn't really think of it, so there are problems with it all making 100% sense.

Wanted for example is also pretty clearly based on DC universe. Many people outright make camoes. Bizarro, Poison ivy, etc. Adam west and burt ward are killed. clearling being Batman and Robin.
This doesn't entirely mesh with Supercrooks, or Jupiters legacy atm.

But yeah, Wanted -supervillians control the world, having rewrote reality so superheroes don't exist, and the world is "boring and real".
Then, kickass. why hasn't anyone tried to be a superhero? (the world is still trying. people like mindy(hitgirl), and big daddy.)
then, kingsman. Secret agents who also seem to be special. somewhere between Wanted powers, and mindy.(hitgirl.
Nemisis occurs. after he killed the rest of the Fraternity? Same with Hitgirl, etc really. no clear answer what the Fraternity is doing letting these people operate. but, still supervillians start appearing publicly.
Kickass 2 and 3. more and more heroics and villians. all still just badass normal.
Right at the end of kickass 3. again, almost he same time. flight guy makes a flight suit. And Simon makes a wish. superheroes return in Superior.

Dave in kickass mentions the kidnappings which occur in this, Kingsman. as well as cop killings in Japan.(nemesis)
Dave also is seen in Superior.

Oh, there is also MPH. which also is just before kickass 3. drugs give superspeed. accidentally back in time.

supercrooks and Jupiters legacy are the same universe, are comics/movies in the other one. So may be pre-Wanted reality reboot, or post Superior. or just alt universe entirely.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
9/10. An extra point for the plain crazy plot of the villain. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. This was as advertised with the rating and is a blend of old Bond and Kick Ass. First half of the movie is essentially the origin story going into Eggsy's past and then through his training to be a Kingsman. The last half is them out in the field and taking down Samuel L.

There were a few plot twists that wasn't outrageous but was important enough to make the movie better. Firth was fantastic and Samuel L was pretty much just comic relief. This movie never took itself seriously and it really worked. Just fucking fun to watch. I would have paid to see this and I would look forward to sequels. There is no obvious set up but it can easily be turned into a franchise.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Screening is tonight. 16 people in line 2 hours before. Feels and looks like a comic con line...anyways will report back tonight.
So how was it? ever review has been possitive and im curious if it is as brutal as they said

Edit - shit your review came in right when I posted lol. Good to hear, Guardians, Jon Wick, Lego movie and this have been the movies I wanted to see in theater and all have been fantastic it seems. I only like seeing animated or action movies on the big screen so

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't Kick Ass/Kill Bill blood splurting brutal. But limbs do fly and people get chopped out. The complete Church scene that was floated as a sneak peak was fantastic.

One thing on the fight scenes: very easily to follow. I can't remember if Vaughn's other action films were done the same way but the camera and editing made it all really easy to follow.

Note to Vaughn: Cast Hiddleston as the villain in the sequel please.

Homsar

Yeah, a lot of people were saying the gore was worse then kickass which was pretty brutal. another thing I saw mentioned was the Kid in the film AKA eggsy? really did a great job for being a no name actor

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just saw this in a screenig as well. I was pretty blown away with how enjoyable it is. The church scene, the fireworks, the Scandinavian princess, so many good parts. Can't say there was really anything I didn't enjoy during the entire movie. Off the top of my head, the only movie I can see topping it this year for me is Avengers 2.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Damn, I have 2 free passes for this for tomorrow night, but my wife has work so I need to stay at home with my daughter. That stinks. I just gave the pass to a guy I work with.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There might be, but I don't want to trust my kid to one. *shrugs* I'd ask my mom if she could watch her, but she's skiing in Maine right now. Oh well. I'll see it when it comes out for real.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, I was expecting this movie to be a cheap james bond for tweens, but maybe not? The marketing is certainly failing if it is as enjoyable of a film as you guys are making it sound.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Saw it last Saturday at an advance screening here in the UK. Absolutely great film. It's really enjoyable from start to finish with good acting, plot and action. Definitely one of my most enjoyable films of the past 12 months.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, I was expecting this movie to be a cheap james bond for tweens, but maybe not? The marketing is certainly failing if it is as enjoyable of a film as you guys are making it sound.
Yea, everything I've read has clashed with all the marketing. That team needs to be never used again or something. I wouldn't even be interested in it if I hadn't come read this thread.

Homsar

Like mentioned earlier in the thread, its directed by Mathew Vaughn. Anything that guys makes should be expected to be great. Was confused why people werent getting excited off that

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My friend won two free tickets to this and took me along. I wasn't expecting much, but it was decent. Had a good mix of humour and action, though it was a bit gorey for my tastes at times (the church scene). It was also obviously aimed at an audience younger than I am, so I'm biased in that way, but it was still OK.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I fucking loved this movie. 8.5 out of 10. And for reference, I'm 45 years old.

Not going to get into details because there is plenty to talk about after most of you have seen it, but there really wasn't a moment I wish had been cut or done differently that I can think of. Samuel L. Jackson was awesome too, maybe a little too awesome, because every time he spoke half the theater giggled.