Laptop Computers

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm Lenovo Legion 5 w/ 3060 and 5800X is like $1199 or something?

So, do I get this or the new M.1 Macbook Pro?

I've started to hate MacBooks bc I can't game on them when I'm on the road.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If I wasn't doing mac specific things and wanted to game on a laptop, I wouldn't buy a mac

Fucker

Log Wizard
If I wasn't doing mac specific things and wanted to game on a laptop, I wouldn't buy a mac
I have an M1 Air, and made it two days before grabbing a cheapie Windows laptop. Turns out, this thing is pretty decent.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I already have a full sized windows gaming laptop. The macbook is going to be to used at work. The form factor will allow me to have it side by side with my ipad underneath my work monitors. When it's in mac mode I can play with the sidecar stuff. If I want to MMO up once work is done for the day I can boot into windows and do that.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm Lenovo Legion 5 w/ 3060 and 5800X is like $1199 or something?

Decided to go this route. Thanks for the tip Xexx Xexx .

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So, do I get this or the new M.1 Macbook Pro?

I've started to hate MacBooks bc I can't game on them when I'm on the road.
OS X is master race unless you’re a nerd gamer. For gaming build a desktop.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I already have a full sized windows gaming laptop. The macbook is going to be to used at work. The form factor will allow me to have it side by side with my ipad underneath my work monitors. When it's in mac mode I can play with the sidecar stuff. If I want to MMO up once work is done for the day I can boot into windows and do that.
Got the macbook yesterday, and set it up at work last night. Works out of the box very nicely. Was able to get sidecar up with just a couple button clicks so macos is where I want it. Will be great for browsing and stuff on one thing and running movies and stuff on my ipad. From what I am seeing about docking devices I can also run 2 monitors as well. Split the HD in twain with windows 10 partition. If I can get 2 monitors through the same docking I might not need a desktop anymore. Was able to install and run New World easy peasy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Oct 18

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
CE52D387-5278-4912-BF41-5A4D16C18E42.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ok, that M1 Max chip is badass. Disappointed that no mac mini version announced tho, was really hoping to ditch my hackintosh for one. Maybe right after the new year they will have it ready

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Probably going to get the cheapest 16" with the m1 max. Not entirely sure though, the price is getting annoyingly high for a laptop. Might just go with the cheapest version.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My only complaint is that it makes my backpack feel 10 lbs heavier, haha. Definitely didn’t expect that.

Its that charging "brick" its a brick no doubt but the 3060 out performs the 2070 super mobile gpu and for $1200 its a good buy. The 5800H is kind of a monster in a laptop and i am quite fond of how AMD cpus in laptops just power through task.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Its that charging "brick" its a brick no doubt but the 3060 out performs the 2070 super mobile gpu and for $1200 its a good buy. The 5800H is kind of a monster in a laptop and i am quite fond of how AMD cpus in laptops just power through task.

Ohhh, it definitely could be. I saw the charging block and was like, “WTF IS THIS???”. Lol. I have to store it in its own pocket.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ohhh, it definitely could be. I saw the charging block and was like, “WTF IS THIS???”. Lol. I have to store it in its own pocket.
if the powerbrick is making you look like a ninja turtle get a 65w usbc charger
75790241a4520619f00f43cf8b710543.png

ZMI zPower Turbo 65W USB-C PD Laptop Charger Power Adapter Compatible with Laptops Chargeable via USB-C (Not Compatible with Legacy Models with Barrel Charging Ports) - Black

note i'm just showing you the cheapest 65w option, you can of course get higher watt (to charge faster) i assume up to 100w