Last Epoch

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes, but to my knowledge there is no additional content. It will be the same experience offline or online.
That’s fine. It will be a lot for me since I opted to skip since 7.? until now. I just prefer the seasonal restarts for arpgs

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fine, I bought it. I enjoyed D4 Until I finished the campaign and got 90+. Then they started with all of the Nerfs which included the Hammer Nerf. I stopped at that point. I got my money's worth out of it. I need a game that can carry me too Alpha 2 AOC. Everquest is one I am still playing. I am hoping this will be the other.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really wanted them to add WASD. Guessing they didn't?
No WASD. Gamepad controls worked really well last year though, and according to the patch notes have been improved even further for 1.0.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No WASD. Gamepad controls worked really well last year though, and according to the patch notes have been improved even further for 1.0.
I used to have an Xbox controller no idea where that went though. Hmmm

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,
I assume the servers are down. I hit offline and all I get is the swirl symbol but nothing else happens. What am I missing?

Nevermind, you "have" too run it through steam...and still nothing. I verified integrity of the files.

Hmm apparently offline is not available yet. So, have to wait until servers come back up or they are super clogged and just cannot get in.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So,
I assume the servers are down. I hit offline and all I get is the swirl symbol but nothing else happens. What am I missing?

Nevermind, you "have" too run it through steam...and still nothing. I verified integrity of the files. Is play offline disabled?
The servers are down for 24hours until launch. "Offline" currently still requires an online check on launch, so it's unavailable unless you were in the game already(going back to char screen will disconnect you though as far as I understand). They're adding true offline with launch but currently the offline isn't really fully offline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wanted them to add WASD. Guessing they didn't?
From what I gathered in a dev Q&A they are looking into adding it. Said it was something the community was not really talking about until recently. So might be added later.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Is someone making an FOH guild? I know there are no features for guilds other than a shared chat channel, but I'd rather listen to us shitlording it up than a bunch of people asking stupid questions in global chat.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m pretty excited. Gonna duo with my best buddy. This feels like a good compromise between PoE and Diablo 3. I used to feel the art needed to be darker. We’ll see once I’m in again.

Planning to do my staples - spin to win and a necro. I’m off tomorrow but Mr mom-ing. Let’s just say we might have a Transformers marathon at the house. I’m a great parent. I kid. I’ll play tomorrow night.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was doing a Warpath/Rive Void Knight and Minion Necro as well. I loved my Forge Guard when I was dropping Anvils on everything but it looks like that skill is gone; makes me sad, that was awesome. Will probably do a Javelin/Hammerlin Paladin and a Warlock since they moved Drain Soul over to them tomorrow. Hopefully the map recovering every time you town portal or fast travel will be changed in addition to everything else. So happy this is has finally reached 1.0;

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
When I played this last, about a year ago? I dont think I died once on my 2 characters going through the campaign. I think my first deaths were in the end game when I bit off a bit too much that I could chew. So yeah cheating? I mean for what? The game is easy as it is already.

I dunno. The same reason you couldn't do public matchmaking in TQ because every game you'd have someone join with a 99,999,999 dmg weapon and all their other cheated gear. Makes no sense to me but people love to do it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully the servers are much better for 1.0. Devs said attacks should be more responsive, better animations and feel more impactful.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
How is the runemaster? I don't care about power, asking about fun.
Good class, one of my favorites. S tier. The invocation ability is awesome. If you do play one pick Tesla balls aka plasma orb runemaster. You’ll pretty much delete everything.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How is the runemaster? I don't care about power, asking about fun.
It's gonna heavily depend on what you find fun. It is APM heavy with a decent level of complexity but it is rewarding(at least if you play the stronger builds) and offers you some interesting additional option via runic invocation, but if you just want to hold a button while you clear everything it's not gonna be very fun as a result since it's the opposite of that.

Basics of the class is it uses a similar system to Dota2's invoker where everytime you cast a spell, you gain a rune based on the element of the spell, and once you have 3 runes you can invoke a spell that will be based on the runes you got. Effectively, you have 9 spells permutation per element so 27 spells total, plus the cantrips(1 and 2 element only, don't think any is used for anything). Realistically you're mostly going to be spamming your main spell only but you have interesting options otherwise notably Frostguard as a defensive buff you can invoke on top. That does means you're constantly casting short cooldown spells, 3 of them in a row(sometimes the same will be used twice like Runebolt) then invoking into your "real" spell, all the while using your other skills inbetween invocations or as part of the invocations depending on the skill. Lots of pressing buttons, which some ppl enjoy, and some don't.
What's the worst class, the black guy?
As far as I understand yes. It has a few good builds but the classes are aged and some have been waiting for a rework for years. The few good builds are really quite good but you're kinda pigeonholed into them if you want to play high corruption monolith, and that can be boring(also forge guard from what I understand only has a good boss build, so it's ass at clearing).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I last played in October 2021. Looking forward to 1.0. I need a passive Petmaster build for offline ssf!