Last Epoch

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It's gonna heavily depend on what you find fun. It is APM heavy with a decent level of complexity but it is rewarding(at least if you play the stronger builds) and offers you some interesting additional option via runic invocation, but if you just want to hold a button while you clear everything it's not gonna be very fun as a result since it's the opposite of that.

Basics of the class is it uses a similar system to Dota2's invoker where everytime you cast a spell, you gain a rune based on the element of the spell, and once you have 3 runes you can invoke a spell that will be based on the runes you got. Effectively, you have 9 spells permutation per element so 27 spells total, plus the cantrips(1 and 2 element only, don't think any is used for anything). Realistically you're mostly going to be spamming your main spell only but you have interesting options otherwise notably Frostguard as a defensive buff you can invoke on top. That does means you're constantly casting short cooldown spells, 3 of them in a row(sometimes the same will be used twice like Runebolt) then invoking into your "real" spell, all the while using your other skills inbetween invocations or as part of the invocations depending on the skill. Lots of pressing buttons, which some ppl enjoy, and some don't.

As far as I understand yes. It has a few good builds but the classes are aged and some have been waiting for a rework for years. The few good builds are really quite good but you're kinda pigeonholed into them if you want to play high corruption monolith, and that can be boring(also forge guard from what I understand only has a good boss build, so it's ass at clearing).
Yeah Dota's invoker is what I was thinking of. Sounds good to me.

I specifically do not want to walk around blowing up the screen with one button.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So is this like a midnight release or do we have to wait till like noon tomorrow or some shit?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Apparently, yes.

200w.gif

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don’t worry. I’m definitely doing holy black man spin to win. They should sell a mom and kids pet for us to run away from.

As far as I can tell, faction doesn’t affect your ability to group cross item faction or to gift across faction with friends. Or is gifting going away?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
it doesn't affect your ability to group at all. That was kinda the whole point of it - so that faux-SSF players could group with their friends and still be "SSF", versus having dedicated realms/private leagues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did the game patch or did it come as 1.0 for me when I bought it yesterday? Odd that no patch yet and 11 minutes to go. You would think they would prepatch it.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did the game patch or did it come as 1.0 for me when I bought it yesterday? Odd that no patch yet and 11 minutes to go. You would think they would prepatch it.
No patch for me yet. I think I heard them say no pre-patch due to the offline mode, one of the tradeoffs for that going in.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don’t worry. I’m definitely doing holy black man spin to win. They should sell a mom and kids pet for us to run away from.

As far as I can tell, faction doesn’t affect your ability to group cross item faction or to gift across faction with friends. Or is gifting going away?
Gifting still possible but it's to people in your group and has a resource cost