Last Epoch

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I very much doubt upper management would have let you had stashes for in-game currency even if development hurdles were overcome. It's also worth considering that a fair portion of D4's development issues might stem from bad management decisions(i.e. must be like Lost Ark).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Imagine if they had 1/10th of D4 funding added to what came out here.

Somehow that abomination needs to not exist anymore, but stupid people get way too defensive to admit they made a mistake or should join the cause.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Here's my profile.

ok. so, lets look deeper.
when we do the comparison, theres more to look at. my bird girl is letting the bird do most of the work, so doesn't even have to get close most of the time. and when I DO, with aerial assault, im also procing Silver shroud, which give me 100% dodge chance on the next hit, and 300 ward. not even figured into planners eHP.

my ehp versus phys one shots is 2870.. but its 3000-3300ish for the other elements, and around 6-7k for regular hits.
we look at what your estimated ehp is, and its all much lower. 2864 ehp versus phys 1 shot, but 2300 versus the other elements. and 3490 from phys hits, but 2800 for other elemental hits. and I assume your paladin actually needs to get in close? yeah, this is going to be a problem.

reviewing, first without looking at active skills. I see 2300 armor, for 44% mit ok. (ill look again later to see if any procs effect this. which again for my falconer, I have a passive which gives me 2%inc armor every time my bird hits a target. which isnt reflected in the planner ehp)
40% block chance, with 1450 effect, and 45% mitigation on block. that seems low. I would expect you to have that block capped.

0 glancing blow chance.
79% crit avoidance. good. 100% better of course.
0% parry.
-10damage from nearby enemies.

35% endurance, at 263 hp threshold.

1315 health with 446h/s regen. insane regen. this regen blatantly is outpacing your HP.

so my first thoughts without reviewing skills, and passives directly is you need 100% block, and WAY more life.
holy aura, I'd consider the block effect. but the flat value does make it iffy.
lunge. 100% block on lunge. is that way you arent capped? good for getting in.. but not out. and requires a target, so cant lunge past them.
volitile reversal seems like it can be used to prevent chip deaths, but not oneshots.
jav holy trail is healing, but not defense. battlestandard version would give endurance threshold, and possibly that dash would be useful.
judgement. more healing. not defense.

ok, active skills, all healing, healing, healing, and damage. no defenses.

Blessings. got the HP one good. armor one good. Reign of dragons has a crit avoidance blessing, that will cap you off. you have all resists for that one atm.

passives.

1 point in stalwart would be 3% block. 5 for 150 block effect. seems like alot of points for 150 effect. but 1 point is 3% block.
not sure why you have that point in gladiator. why does your shield get disequipped when I remove it? what am I missing there?
so, I think your damage is mostly spell based. so we dont need that str in juggernaut.

steel aegis in forge guard is 2% block for 1 point, 50 block effect, and 250 block effect if you go 5/5.
if your damage is from spells, you probably want heavenfire. flat damage is usually #1 dps increase. (convictions penetration is very good though.)
prayer aegis is very good hp/point, and more end threshold.
oh, reverence of duality is 2% health per point, up to 24%. wow. we need that. we don't need holy icon that much.

you try that divine essence mechanic? inc armor, and revive on death?

gear and idols.
need more life on gear. and %health in idols.

me fiddling with passives. 5% added block, with just 1 point in stalwart, and 1 in steel aegis. which sadly couldnt get more in the passives.. alot more life.

I don't know exactly how you'd go about getting 100% block. but figuring that out, would be my focus.

Edit: reviewing skills. how about sigils of hope? 5 sigils for +15 added fire damage, and 15% block/225 block effect. faith. if a hit deals more then 25% of your health, you heal for 200.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How much did you pay to install PoE?

Perhaps a less simplistic comparison is required for incongruent business models.
Oh..ok. As I no longer play PoE, how many unrestricted stash tabs could you get for $35? Or how many of the various restricted stash tabs could you get for $35?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Its not an apples to apples comparison. GGG needs to make money somehow and the stash tabs and affinities are just better. They also persist from league to league whereas in this game, presumably, you'll need to unlock them every time, which is a minor inconvenience.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh..ok. As I no longer play PoE, how many unrestricted stash tabs could you get for $35? Or how many of the various restricted stash tabs could you get for $35?
Been a while since I felt the need for stash space in PoE, so I haven't been watching prices. That also suggests GGG hasn't been abusing, mostly, their monetization model, fwiw.

My guess is that $35 is what you should purchase as a bare minimum after demoing PoE. $60 will get most of what you need. $90 for heavy trade interaction or item hoarding.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
GGG also releases more content every league than most companies release in multiple years. You get your money's worth buying stash tabs, even if you spend $20 every league.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The big dragon at the end of normal Monliths is kicking my ass, do I have to git gud?

After 10 deaths I was at 5% and then the god damn cat stepped on the power button...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are the servers working mostly yet or should I just play offline?

Does their weird SSF boosted mode work offline?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm

EU seems to be running fine. Logged on during prime time and got a 2 min queue then got online without connection issues.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Swapped to that Allie falconer cause beastmaster was just too slow with my limited playtime. Night and day difference, having lots of fun.

Another bonus of playing full offline is not needing to update the game if they nerf your build! Though I'm hoping they save all balancing for in between seasons.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Yeah, able to play with buddies last couple of nights no issues. Occasionally it'll take a bit to One but it seems way less frequent then launch.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Servers have been working fine for me since Sunday, just a long queue to log in after 4pm

Xevy

Log Wizard
Stash tabs currently range from $4 to $15 for some of the fancier ones.

Map + Currency + Card + 1 premium = $15 + $7.50 + $5 + $4 = $31.50. Those are the ones you NEED, and you could even argue you don't need a card tab or if you're SSF a premium tab. This is also not on sale, and sales occur around every other weekend and I think reduce prices by like 15-20%? That's basically an extra tab in the scheme of things.

For 100 dollars if you loved PoE you'd never need another stash tab again probably. They're actually at the point of CONDENSING tabs (frag tab is huge for end game) rather than adding new tabs. The newest ones were flasks and gems which are not needed, but great for hoarders.