League Of Legends

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Will watch the match tonight, but wildturtle has been losing a lot of lanes (regionals and worlds).

There is plenty of talent in NA. The big problem right now is that even with the improving infrastructure that NA is putting in to place they are still very much in the old boys club mentality and the owners/teammates have too much say in recruitment. For instance Gleeb was selected over Sheep (much much better support) because Dyrus was still butthurt over a verbal scuffle he had with Sheep over a year ago. Aside from possibly Curse none of the teams have dedicated talent scouts. Whenever owners or players are asked how they find talent for their teams it always comes down to player X played with the prospect in solo queue and liked what they saw. While that's nice it isn't really an efficient or effective way to find new raw talent.

The Koreans and to a lesser extent the Chinese actually have a dedicated coach or coaches that do nothing but scout out talent. Watching solo queue games, Uni level or small pool tournaments, etc. Once they've identified a consistent talent through lots of observation then they bring the prospect in and use them during team practices. Which keeps internal scrimming fresh and develops the prospect. The two team system in Korea really helps with this because in one building you have the two main rosters plus the six subs which effectively gives you a three team pool to train and practice with. Meanwhile NA uses their subs for brand name recognition as was the case with NB3 on TSM or Hi Im Gosu on CLG. Additionally the roster moves are solely the province of the Coaches, aside from Flame the CJ Entus top laner, the players have little to no power over roster moves and it doesn't appear that the owners really care to interfere with the staff they've hired to make team decisions. That is a huge benefit of having actual large corporate sponsors as the ownership and not twenty something kids or smaller eports focused corps in charge.

Turtle played average. Wasn't the reason they lost and wasn't the reason they took one off of SSW. Amazing is pretty much garbage. Really good mechanics with the game sense of a pineapple.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Turtle played average. Wasn't the reason they lost and wasn't the reason they took one off of SSW. Amazing is pretty much garbage. Really good mechanics with the game sense of a pineapple.
I agree for the most part. I hate Amazing the most so if anyone gets canned I hope it's him. They all have fine mechanics, just need better game sense and decision making

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I honestly think they would have been more successful with OddOne this season than with Amazing. Say what you want about him mechanically but he always got deep wards and he knew how to camp a lane, which is more than I can say for Amazing. Compare how Meteos keeps the enemy jungle warded up to Amazing and it's night and day.

Probably not. The mechanical gap was just to big for Oddbro. Doesn't matter how much game knowledge you have if you are so completely outclassed at pressing the buttons that you can't put it in to practice.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched it. Amazing's play there at the end made very little sense. Damn.

Actually Gilg if you combined Amazing's Mechanics with Oddones game knowledge you'd basically have Dandy. I think Regikong needs to start some experimenting and create that hybrid right away.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
If a team took ioddorange under their wing and started training him for competitive, he'd probably be pretty good in a couple years.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
bjergsen wanted a challenger jungler from europe that hadn't done lan (assume the one he streams with when he goes home - don't know his name off the top of my head).

but regi wanted someone with experience... because, you wouldn't want someone to blow your shot at winning by doing something fundamentally stupid like leroying with the game on the line because he's nervous. That is why they have Amazing.

sebur

Bronze Squire
If a team took ioddorange under their wing and started training him for competitive, he'd probably be pretty good in a couple years.
Well that is the thing, this doesn't exist like we have in more established sports. You could argue that challenger is the college version of what we have for most major sports but they are expected to perform the moment they are on a team in the LCS. If not then they will be gone quick. While there are some exceptions to this in major sports for the most part rookies are given at least a year if not 2-3 to prove their worth before they just begin to get tossed around the league or not signed at all. The infrastructure is certainly getting better across the lagging behind regions (NA/EU) but there is still a long way to go to have a really good way of identifying and acquiring talent.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well that is the thing, this doesn't exist like we have in more established sports. You could argue that challenger is the college version of what we have for most major sports but they are expected to perform the moment they are on a team in the LCS. If not then they will be gone quick. While there are some exceptions to this in major sports for the most part rookies are given at least a year if not 2-3 to prove their worth before they just begin to get tossed around the league or not signed at all. The infrastructure is certainly getting better across the lagging behind regions (NA/EU) but there is still a long way to go to have a really good way of identifying and acquiring talent.
Gleeb just called, he wants his year back.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That was my point. You said at least a year and he did not even get that. Don't get me wrong, I do not and did not like Gleeb on TSM.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
c9 vs ssb

CLOUD FUCKING NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they take the series. They are my favorite NA team and I want them to go far. They CRUSHED game 1. Come on c9!!!!

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
C9 vs SSB

CLOUD FUCKING NINE INDEED! That was a dominating performance vs a very heavy poke comp from SSB. I don't see the next game going this way but god damn do I want them to win. Hai's positioning was very scary though, and holy hell that baron bait where most of C9 stuck around and turned it on blue... jesus. Intense game.

sebur

Bronze Squire
That was my point. You said at least a year and he did not even get that. Don't get me wrong, I do not and did not like Gleeb on TSM.
Ah, ya. I didn't like him either and felt he was a poor fit. Lustboy is much better but as was mentioned earlier they need a real jungler now and they would be much better off. Actually they may need a new top laner soon as I feel Dyrus can be too emotional at times and it gets the best of him.