League Of Legends

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol xerath bug or hack been active for hours and riot still hasn't disabled him, fantastic. Not even going to risk any more games until they do something about it. He sits in base using his q and gets farm and hits multiple champions each time. Like 20 posts on the league forums, multiple youtube videos and a guy abusing it has been seen on streams abusing it too. LoL indeed.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Lol xerath bug or hack been active for hours and riot still hasn't disabled him, fantastic. Not even going to risk any more games until they do something about it. He sits in base using his q and gets farm and hits multiple champions each time. Like 20 posts on the league forums, multiple youtube videos and a guy abusing it has been seen on streams abusing it too. LoL indeed.

Thats because its not a bug. Its a scripter.

Funeral

Molten Core Raider
Xmithie and/or Huhi will be gone by next split, I'm guessing.

Man I think Darshan is the bigger issue. That Camille engage in game 5 lost them the series. The dude used to be amazing but he's been so so so goddamn inconsistent the last few splits. He has great games occasionally, but he can't seem to play carry or tank top very effectively. He only really shines on split-pushing champs, and that's a playstyle that's at the mercy of the meta.

Huhi is inconsistent as well, but I think he's got more room to grow than Darshan and a very high ceiling. Also the draft utility of having Aurelian as a must-ban against him is valuable, but less so this year with the new draft system.

Xmithie is consistently middle-of-the-pack as far as NA junglers go (though NA JG was absurdly stacked this year and therefore Xmithie looked worse than usual) but I've always seen him as a supportive/team oriented jungler that fits well into CLG's team dynamic and the meta this spring has definitely been more towards carry/aggressive jungling.

I am really glad to see FLY advance though, Hai is probably my favorite player in League and one of the most fascinating esports talents in the world imo.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Man I think Darshan is the bigger issue.
I've had this discussion before, but look at someone like Moon. He LOOKED like he was the worst jungler in NA on NRG in previous splits. Then, he gets on a team that not only believes in him, but plays around what he wants to do, and he looks great (especially the first half of split).
Darshan's play might 'look' bad at times, but a lot of that is due to things Xmithie and Huhi are/are not doing and it's sometimes hard to notice.
The split push style requires the other 4 members of the team to play 4v5 and keep the enemy team occupied while he takes objectives. If they fail at this, he gets surrounded and screwed.
If he's on a tank or carry, something that engages in any case, and the other 4 members of his team aren't on the same page as him when he goes in, it can look absolutely horrible. It doesn't mean he was wrong, his entire team might have been wrong to not follow up, but it makes him look like he was dumb.
I still think that the biggest problems on CLG are Xmithie and Huhi, and if I were the owner I'd give Darshan another shot once I swapped those two spots out. If he was still doing badly after a little time with the 2 new players, he'd be the next to go, though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I think by far the most important thing in league (from bronze through pros) is being on the same page with your team (smurfs obviously excepted since it doesn't really matter what your team is thinking if you're smurfing way down).

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
P1 has been sick. Arrow deserves the MVP of this entire split...

And according the leaked voting results, Arrow did win because Bjergsen split the vote with Hauntzer.
http://i.imgur.com/OsorCJm.png
https://i.imgur.com/vUuGOmN.png

I don't think Arrow has a shot of ever winning another. It was the perfect storm for his champ pool and playstyle - and in no way shocking, once they nerfed lethality he went crashing back to earth. But 99% of the split was the dumb lethality caster adc meta. So, I thought Arrow deserved MVP... but looking at the voting, there are some dumb motherfuckers working in esports.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Should have been Hauntzer. I don't know how you give Arrow mvp with his numbers without having given it to Double lift last year

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
And according the leaked voting results, Arrow did win because Bjergsen split the vote with Hauntzer.
http://i.imgur.com/OsorCJm.png
https://i.imgur.com/vUuGOmN.png

I don't think Arrow has a shot of ever winning another. It was the perfect storm for his champ pool and playstyle - and in no way shocking, once they nerfed lethality he went crashing back to earth. But 99% of the split was the dumb lethality caster adc meta. So, I thought Arrow deserved MVP... but looking at the voting, there are some dumb motherfuckers working in esports.
wow.. some game playing going on with the voting, not sure what I expected but i'm still a little surprised.. some people who couldn't vote for their player, wasted some amount of their votes so their main competition wouldn't get it. i.e. P1 coach voting for fucking hakuho as his 2nd? Plus, not putting hauntzer or bjerg in any of his top 3.
Meanwhile, both TSM voters put arrow in theirs.

Oh well, not upset at all that Arrow wins it. Bjerg and Jensen both got more votes then they deserved, but mid is an easier position to see it's effect. It's splashier.
Plus, it's been the playoffs where Hauntzer has really shown he deserves the MVP now. It was too close to call before that. I believe the voting takes place before they start playoffs for that exact reason? Not sure when they take the votes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
C9 vs TSM game 5 was so good. Don't even bother with 1-4 but watch game 5 if you haven't yet.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
while the game was super entertaining it does showcase one huge reason why NA is far behind Korea. When the Koreans high end teams get in to games like that where everything is at stake they buckle down and actually raise their level of play. In NA the games become a cluster with nerves being visible and the quality of micro and macro play degrading. When they were showing Jensen right before he got killed in the last fight his hands were shaking. You put that same camera on Faker or Crown and they almost look bloody bored.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
while the game was super entertaining it does showcase one huge reason why NA is far behind Korea. When the Koreans high end teams get in to games like that where everything is at stake they buckle down and actually raise their level of play. In NA the games become a cluster with nerves being visible and the quality of micro and macro play degrading. When they were showing Jensen right before he got killed in the last fight his hands were shaking. You put that same camera on Faker or Crown and they almost look bloody bored.

Easy to say but I disagree. The game didn't look sloppy. Yes, Jensen fucked up, but until that point every fight was damn good, the mechanics were not lacking. It was constant mindgames and trying to edge one another and get an edge. Sloppy games are so easy to distinguish, you see bad calls and questionable decisions, this game 5 seemed to lack that, the calls were fine, they were aggressive, and they were smart. Koreans win by playing as a TEAM, being aggressive and making smart calls. Jensen isn't as good as Faker, true, but both C9 and TSM were playing like Koreans in that game 5. For the previous 4 games... not so much.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Guess we just have different opinions on what constitutes sloppy play then. I also wasn't trying to compare Jensen's and Faker's skill levels. I was comparing the emotional control that Korean players seem to exude against the openly stressed views you get of the western pros. There were a ton of mechanical misplays in that match the last one just happened to be the end of it. A couple obvious ones were Turtle flash suicide again in the mid fight and then Sneaky deciding to recall in plain sight close to the mid inhib at the ending push. If he even takes a couple steps behind the wall he's out of vision an d has the ability to actually defend the nexus with his teammate. The game was not clean.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Newsflash: Korean games are rarely mechanically clean, too. If you ever watch korean games you know it's their synergy/teamwork more than mechanics that makes them superior. They have more intense training regiments than NA/EU. They are always all on the same page and have insanely quick decision making, allowing them to always be 1 step ahead.

Also looking at Jensen AFTER he gets picked is hardly a good tell. Of course he'll be shaking after he knows he threw the game. I bet many koreans would be visibly upset as well.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The cam I'm talking about was before he got picked as stated in my first post. The after shots were heartbreaking. I also think you're having reading comprehension issues and the newsflash was pretty rude. I never stated that Koreans were better mechanically. I stated that their emotional control on the whole, whether cultural or trained, is far above NA and EU at the very least. This means that their macro decision making and mechanical abilities are not diminished in high tension games. This on top of superior teamwork and general training is what sets them apart.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I know what you're saying, and I disagree. Your blanket statement about "and this is why koreans are better" is just garbage. We see tons of Koreans come to EU/NA and they are garbage. I do agree Jensen will rattle easier than someone like Faker, but that's not exactly apples to apples comparison. There are plenty of EU/NA players that can remain calm. I just think you're playing an association game that makes no sense. We know why Koreans are better and have proof that it's primarily because of the TEAM rather than the INDIVIDUAL.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Then I guess we'll agree to disagree. I suppose the next time I see a high tier Korean player cost his team a title because he looked like a manic nerve case before anything bad happened then you'll be proven right. Doubt it will happen though.

edit: The high tier part is important. Past their prime castoffs like Flame and Looper or untested Korean talent that get imported to the other regions without the benefit of Korean coaching earlier in their careers aren't included in this comment.