League Of Legends

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The LCS is a weird mix of stagnant champs (Jinx, Lucian, Thresh, Mundo, Shyv) and totally mix-up champs (Morde, Teemo, Pantheon, Blitz, jungle Zed, Warwick). I don't even know what to bitch about anymore. I would actually almost say Riot is doing a good job on the nerfs and buffs aside from a few outliers, which still have tweeks on the PBE yet to hit live. Definitely nice seeing some old champs making comebacks and all that.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Fun's not allowed here. Unless everyone agrees Malph is a good support, you, sir, are a troll and should be reported.
Let me clarify this for you on behalf of everyone. We don't have anything against you having "fun", just make sure to experience your version of it outside of ranked. I am sure while playing ranked, you can find a champ/build to play that is fun AND won't hobble your team. I like playing tank Vik with W augment now and then, but I wouldn't do it in ranked.

Also, since when do supports build Trinity Forces and BoTRK?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Since season 4 man! Mixin this shit up! Did you watch the Gambit game just now with a kennen support with void, zhonyas and liandrys? Dope!

Trundle being played top for the second time this season. Love seeing this champs getting played.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Since season 4 man! Mixin this shit up! Did you watch the Gambit game just now with a kennen support with void, zhonyas and liandrys? Dope!

Trundle being played top for the second time this season. Love seeing this champs getting played.
Well, I haven't watched anything competitive yet this year, and I do know that supports get more gold now, but what defined a support (at least to me) was bot lane with an ADC, no farm, and mainly aura items. So, if Kennen builds void, zhonyas, and liandry, what makes him support beyond being in bot lane now that he just has the standard AP carry build?

Khane

He built sightstone and talisman first I think. They are still "supports" in the traditional sense early, but they can actually achieve full item builds late, which is why things like poppy support aren't as ridiculous as they sound.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
He built sightstone and talisman first I think. They are still "supports" in the traditional sense early, but they can actually achieve full item builds late, which is why things like poppy support aren't as ridiculous as they sound.
Interesting.. So where does this leave Janna/Sona/Soraka now? If Kennen can support early and carry late, why bother playing Janna who can support early but can't carry late? Sorry, haven't played SR in ages.. And now that I think of it, I haven't seen a Janna in Dominion for quite some time, and sona/soraka quite rarely. Tons of beastly Tarics tho.

Khane

Depends on your team comp and strategy. You aren't going to have 5 items at 30 minutes like a carry might, but you can start going towards an actual carry build in some situations. Which is a nice change.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Interesting.. So where does this leave Janna/Sona/Soraka now? If Kennen can support early and carry late, why bother playing Janna who can support early but can't carry late? Sorry, haven't played SR in ages.. And now that I think of it, I haven't seen a Janna in Dominion for quite some time, and sona/soraka quite rarely. Tons of beastly Tarics tho.
Sona/Soraka/Janna are pretty much never played now in competitive play. Its mostly annie, tresh and leona. Then once a while you see some cool shit like kennen or syndra or something. The new supports still do the same shit the old ones used to do but now they can actually contribute something late game instead of being nothing but a damage sponge.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I want to try jax support in some non ranks to see how it plays out. In my minds eye I can see him working against some immobile adc's pretty well with a dorans shield.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sona is still picked up quite often just because of her Ult. Mainly if you want a nice AoE stun and Annie is banned then yea Sona can be pretty awesome to pick up. Not only is her engage awesome but she has nice sustain so if you're sieging a tower or playing against a poke comp she works well.

I also think Janna is a somewhat sleeper OP pick, especially with all the gold you can get on her. With 40% CDR and a little extra AP on her she brings so much CC as well as a shield that's on like a 5 second CD that also gives 50AD (+.1ap) so you're always giving whoever you shield a free BF sword. Usually, since you maxed it first as support janna it would be awesome early game because a 240hp shield + 50AD was awesome early, but come mid/end game it was still only a 240hp shield on a 10sec CD because you couldn't afford anything. Now though, say you get 300ap, that's a 450hp shield that gives 80AD on a 6second CD. Muuuuch better.

Also, with all the hp stacking tanky front liners + squishy assassin divers, Jannas Passive, Q, W, E and R all help peel extremely well.

Only problem with all this, is you really rely on your ADC or APC because you can't do much killing yourself since you're all about control.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Went 6 - 4 was placed in gold 5! Not bad, ended season 3 at gold 3 didn't play any in the preseason. Went 2 - 2 first 4 games, lost 2 straight then won 4 straight. Really really happy right now. Hopefully I can make it to plat / low diamond this season.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My MMR was awful at the end of the season, but I'm 2-0 so far. I've heard the first 3 matches really effect your MMR. If only I had time to play video games these days.

By the way, what the fuck is up with me seeing people on streams and threads on reddit talking about Soraka Top? Anyone try it? I watched one D1 game with her up there and it's kind of funny. Build her ROA > SV > FH > AS > Rylais in whatever order.

I have to say though, when I'm messing with a champ in a custom, going up against a Soraka Mid is a pain in the ass to get frist blood on, it's like you actually have to try. Fucking heals.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
not sure but he's a top twitch streamer and has this as his headline
"S4 climb!! SORAKA TOP | SINGED | NASUS | AP UDYR | MUNDO | YASUO | 1 TIME CHALLENGER s3| - SirhcEz"

Buffylol

N00b
I have seen a bunch of raka tops and they have all won their lane. First time it was a plat1 raka vs d3 riven main on riven and riven got shit on hard. I wanna try it one of these days tbh

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
not sure but he's a top twitch streamer and has this as his headline
"S4 climb!! SORAKA TOP | SINGED | NASUS | AP UDYR | MUNDO | YASUO | 1 TIME CHALLENGER s3| - SirhcEz"
Yeah, I was watching the stream last night after I saw a bunch of reddit threads talking about Soraka Top earlier in the day. Unfortunately I didn't have time to watch a full game and turned it on in the middle of a game.