Legend of Korra, Book 2: Spirits

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or do I want that announcer giving play by play in all sports I watch from now on.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Haven't looked it up since the first season, but I think there will only be 3 books to the series and it's over. Sad really, as this show is excellent.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow, the animation quality in that trailer looks even better than the first season. Unbelievable.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
This series has no business airing on Nickelodeon. What the fuck is wrong with this world?

First season had plotting issues but going forward I trust they'll have their shit together again. Awesome show, could not recommend more highly to fans of anime.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ni kidding, that was some seriously powerful stuff. Only a few more weeks/months until the itch can be scratched.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Been rewatching the first season on BluRay and while I know the original premise of the show was one-and-done after the disaster of the motion picture (which had NO business ever being made) because there was little confidence in the brand... but there are clearly some big hooks placed in the narrative.

They could have been conservative and made a series about a new female avatar slowly learning the other 3 elements and then facing some global threat, but they changed it up by making her nearly done with training and the whole Roaring 20s / steampunk nature of Republic City. Sure the plot with Amon was to show a big bad, but it really dredges up the whole notion of discrimination in asking what the nonbending populace thinks about benders.

Then you have the central question of the origins of bending and the whole spiritual world which we touch on some in the final season of the original series and which seems to be the entire focus of this upcoming season. In many ways they are picking up elements of the original story and running with it rather than doing the safe and easy thing.

Finally there is something up with Mako and Bolin. Brothers who have two different bending alignments and sons of parents who left them when they were very young... now we have this whole prequel series about the two of them as youngsters. Something aint quite right with those two.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Sweeeeet.

i know what i am doing at 7pm eastern tomorrow night

channel 825 on my plasma in the living room
smile.png

Cybsled

Interesting opening. The creepy girlfriend is pretty funny.

I kinda wonder about the water tribe chief dude, though. Avatar equivalent of the Taliban inc?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i called that he was the bad guy the second i saw that the was the "only" one to be able to control the dark spirit.

my theory:

he- north tribe brother is the one that ruined the northern forest thingy to take power/frame korra's dad.

2 korra shouldn't have opened that portal...

3- not sure about the air bender girl, my guess is she was the reincarnation of the -very- first avatar or something like that and that she is the one that sealed that portal initially, and upon doing that the spirits granted her the avatar power which she passed onto her child who was the first "official" avatar that korra is reincarnated from...

or i am way off base.

good episode either way.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
avatar going full on political drama.

korra is still a bitch. mako must be one of the worst fanservice character alive, on par with fucking shoujo shit.

still good though. the world is rich and story is unfolding nicely. gold.