Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Siliconemelons

I find it strange how the game suddenly hit a difficulty spike for me for no apparent reason... I did the first three temples (Wind then Water then Fire) with no issues whatsoever even on the bosses, then I went to the desert area and did the Lightning Temple with 13 hearts and for some reason the temple boss kills me in one hit no matter what attacks touch me (the sand beam and just trampling me both one-shot me, the adds don't).

Seems a bit extreme. I eventually got it but even in the dephths some of the boss-like enemies take like 10-12 hearts away when they attack you. Same with Gleeoks on the surface.

I did sand lightning first with like 6 hearts

The zombies i had ice lizard hornfused weapons and freezing them with a hit then 1 or 2 more they died the boss also froze briefly. They did 1 shot me if I let them get me though.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_4757.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't really want to google it since I've done three temples on my own, but how the fuck do you open the desert temple? I'm at the riddle stage.

I found the first mirrior which lights up but it's direction can't be changed.

I found a second mirror which doesn't light up but the direction can be changed.

I'm thinking that you either make them face each other or there's a third one and the lights intersect somewhere - but they are missing key components to manipulate them.

Just a clue would be great, don't want a full solution.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I don't really want to google it since I've done three temples on my own, but how the fuck do you open the desert temple? I'm at the riddle stage.

I found the first mirrior which lights up but it's direction can't be changed.

I found a second mirror which doesn't light up but the direction can be changed.

I'm thinking that you either make them face each other or there's a third one and the lights intersect somewhere - but they are missing key components to manipulate them.

Just a clue would be great, don't want a full solution.

There is a third mirror in a similar pillar, but the beam goes above it, you have to find a way to raise the mirror pillar. The way to do that is close to said pillar.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I haven't had a chance to play this at length. But I tell you, every time I do sit down, I find myself quitting in rage within 30 minutes. The constant fumbling with the controls is driving me crazy. And to make matters worse Nintendo OK/Cancel button scheme is reversed from the Playstation. Garhh!
Like botw its just not clicking for me either. Too many annoying little bullshit things. I gave it another go after all the 10/10 reviews but I just don’t get it. I wish I did because there’s nothing to play at the minute

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
There is a third mirror in a similar pillar, but the beam goes above it, you have to find a way to raise the mirror pillar. The way to do that is close to said pillar.
Great thanks. I figured I had to search more but didn't want to waste my time.

Is this nessesary or does it just point to you Arbiters Grounds? Because I already brute forced the quicksand by jumping through it and found a shrine there.

The Water Temple riddle was mandatory though.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Great thanks. I figured I had to search more but didn't want to waste my time.

Is this nessesary or does it just point to you Arbiters Grounds? Because I already brute forced the quicksand by jumping through it and found a shrine there.

The Water Temple riddle was mandatory though.

Arbiter Grounds is a different area, the lights will reveal a structure that wasn't there before so it's mandatory.

If you follow the light beams in the sand shroud, you should regularly stumble upon ascending winds that let you hover above the shroud and see your heading better, that's how I found the third structure.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bounced off the first one due to massive empty areas...this world filled in? Should I get it if I didn't enjoy much about the first one.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Bounced off the first one due to massive empty areas...this world filled in? Should I get it if I didn't enjoy much about the first one.

I loved the first one, love the second. Depends. Still empty space but the massive amount of exploration and fun quests are sweet. Like a town attacked by pirates and you help to rebuild it. Lots to explore and just pure fun.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've never felt like there was empty space. There's always something to do.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
They added caves everywhere and you can build vehicles to traverse the land more quickly, so yes it's more filled in. It's also twice the size of the previous game.

It's a best game of all time candidate but if you didn't like Breath of the Wild then maybe it isn't for you.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved the first one, love the second. Depends. Still empty space but the massive amount of exploration and fun quests are sweet. Like a town attacked by pirates and you help to rebuild it. Lots to explore and just pure fun.
Yeah I love this part of the game sometimes I just run around in a direction I haven't unlocked and just wander for a few hours.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah I love this part of the game sometimes I just run around in a direction I haven't unlocked and just wander for a few hours.
Which is dumb when you think about. Zelda is in need of rescuing and Link is fucking off in some random direction.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I would say no. This game is much more of the same of botw, just tweaked. There’s more stuff to see and do due to the map size and the lego aspect of the new magic, but it’s still very much like botw. Combat is the same, you can just add more effects to your attack with the lego aspect. Exploring is the same with more flying/falling. Shrines are the same, now with lego puzzles.

Im not saying it’s a bad game, it’s just more botw is all. The game of the year comment makes me laugh though, it’s way too tedious imo.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Which is dumb when you think about. Zelda is in need of rescuing and Link is fucking off in some random direction.

I mean when your only directive is "Find me, Link" you kinda gotta check all the nooks and crannies. Sometimes nooks with Lynels take longer.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
The game of the year comment makes me laugh though, it’s way too tedious imo.
Some people insist in playing games in "optimal" ways that make them miserable, everything is optional, stop doing shit you dislike.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Most of the item dupes were fixed with the 1.1.2 patch so stay off it if you fucking heathens still want 900 diamonds and ten master swords.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Some people insist in playing games in "optimal" ways that make them miserable, everything is optional, stop doing shit you dislike.

Yeah have to agree with this. I did the 1st 2 dungeons and some shrines and then started just having fun and not rushing to the end. Housing, saved a city and rebuilt it, fairies are unlocked, might start downward and go into the underground and explore - just fun shit to do everywhere. It isn't tedious anymore when one just forgets getting to the end to complete the game and just has fun playing the game.

• 2Like