Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've done all that, but it just (slightly) delays the inevitable.

I went to Hyrule castle and grabbed a bunch of level 50 bows and weapons, so I'm trying to make them last as long as possible. But I guess it's not really feasible. Thinking about it, it seems like the designers are forcing you to use the items dropped by local mobs and then you fuse whatever. The idea of maintaining some overpowered arsenal for an extended period of time isn't going to happen. Maybe that's the point...
But whoever beats the game with the most unused silver horns wins, right?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It very much is the point because the more you kill the higher your world tier becomes. Notice normal enemies being black or silver? Those monster parts add like 30+ dmg when fused and I bet you're sitting on a lot of them.
Well, riddle me this: is there any way to quickly fuse an item to your currently equipped weapon? I'm having to fish around in my inventory, select the item, 'hold' it, back out, drop it on the ground, then fuse it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, riddle me this: is there any way to quickly fuse an item to your currently equipped weapon? I'm having to fish around in my inventory, select the item, 'hold' it, back out, drop it on the ground, then fuse it.
You can drop stuff from your quick inventory screen…not much of a shortcut though since your quick inventory screen contains every item…but it is a shortcut.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No, if you quick mats inventory and then Y to sort by attack power then drop that item and fuse it. I think now that I've some hours under my belt you definitely replace fused weapons a lot less often than you did in BOTW.

Fusing also makes it a bit more convenient so you don't have to deliberately save your good ancient tech weapons like in BOTW. So you had like actually half the item slots because you were always saving your good shit for harder enemies like Lynels and stuff.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What annoys me most about durability is how comically quick the Master Sword "runs out of energy".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been wandering around doing whatever catches my eye for awhile. Time to go finish the Snowboarding quests then go back into the Depths for awhile. Someday I'll get around going to Goron city and deal with their bullshit.

I do need to find some drums for that great fairy though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

I've been wandering around doing whatever catches my eye for awhile. Time to go finish the Snowboarding quests then go back into the Depths for awhile. Someday I'll get around going to Goron city and deal with their bullshit.

I have gotten enough clues to "know" what do to for some of the great faeries but I have yet to get to the place it starts... My daughter however, in the first hour found the place and found a wondering NPC that was "hearing drums" ... It is however, cool that things can be so divergent.

Dealing with fish people now... why do the fish people always want to bone Link with a fury and passion? started in OOT it seems.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

For the drums, the general location is hinted at in the quest text in your Adventure Log. I found a Gerudo wandering seller on the road that said something about hearing drums, and from there it's pretty easy to find the source of the noise.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Dealing with fish people now... why do the fish people always want to bone Link with a fury and passion? started in OOT it seems.

In Ocarina of Time after you finish the Goron dungeon I recall CHILD Link had to run away from a group of Gorons that wanted to snu-snu Link to death so it's not just the Zoras, Link is just a goddamn fuck magnet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For the drums, the general location is hinted at in the quest text in your Adventure Log. I found a Gerudo wandering seller on the road that said something about hearing drums, and from there it's pretty easy to find the source of the noise.
Yeah I found the Gerudo mentioning it but I was doing other shit and ran off so I'll have to go back to that area again.

Siliconemelons

In Ocarina of Time after you finish the Goron dungeon I recall CHILD Link had to run away from a group of Gorons that wanted to snu-snu Link to death so it's not just the Zoras, Link is just a goddamn fuck magnet.

I always thought they just wanted to give him a hug, and being giant rock people would have squished him...but this was many moons ago ;-) while the zora chick was very blunt lol

Yeah I found the Gerudo mentioning it but I was doing other shit and ran off so I'll have to go back to that area again.

Yeah that is the one my daughter ran into randomly, and she also found the non-stable stable I have yet to run into

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there anything I'm missing with weapon durability? As in, extending it a good bit? The one thing I enjoy in any video game is slaughtering stuff on genocidal scales. However, this game absolutely punishes you for that. If I just went around and killed everything in sight, I'd blow through all my weapons in no time flat. Got the Master Sword, but that loses its power essentially as fast as weapon breakage, so that's just as bad. I've used Octorocks to repair weapons but, again, the total duration still isn't worth getting excited about. This one aspect of the game is really killing the fun factor for me.
I think you are meant to build some sort of hovertank and annihilate camps that way.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Yeah it's clunky as fuck, I know. Best bet is muscle memory for the menu spam - open quick menu, sort by attack, hit X and then try to fuse while a Lynel is charging you. They really should stop time when you're trying to fuse like they do with Recall.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Can you still stun a Lynel with arrows then hop on its back and smack it from there? I remember a vid from BOTW days that said doing that didn't cost durability.
No idea if that's still the case or patched or whatever.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is really enjoyable if you make zero efforts to look up stuff and just discover as you can.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can you still stun a Lynel with arrows then hop on its back and smack it from there? I remember a vid from BOTW days that said doing that didn't cost durability.
No idea if that's still the case or patched or whatever.
Still works, you can kill any lynel with one multi-shot to the face followed by a few mounted attacks if you use the right weapon/attachment and armor.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user