Lies of P (Souls-like)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The in game explanation is stupid, it makes it seem like you're just go to a stargazer. Luckily, the cube is incredibly weak so there's no reason to even deal with it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The in game explanation is stupid, it makes it seem like you're just go to a stargazer. Luckily, the cube is incredibly weak so there's no reason to even deal with it

If you have multiple things, going to a stargazer works for replenishing.

spronk

FPS noob

i beat all the bosses and never used a cube, no idea still what they do. there's no achievement tied to buying them all either, whole thing feels like a last minute add on to the game

throwable consumables are the really OP thing against bosses

i only have 3 achievements left, should probably 100% the game before spidey 2 this week. I really enjoyed it especially after reading some of the articles and watching a video explaining how it ties into the OG pinocchio story

i'd love more games that took fairy tales as an inspiration and created new worlds and ideas from it like this, so crazy that now asian studios are doing it while western studios are all chasing "YOU CAN FUCK A BEAR IN OUR GAME!!"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
i beat all the bosses and never used a cube, no idea still what they do. there's no achievement tied to buying them all either, whole thing feels like a last minute add on to the game

throwable consumables are the really OP thing against bosses

i only have 3 achievements left, should probably 100% the game before spidey 2 this week. I really enjoyed it especially after reading some of the articles and watching a video explaining how it ties into the OG pinocchio story

i'd love more games that took fairy tales as an inspiration and created new worlds and ideas from it like this, so crazy that now asian studios are doing it while western studios are all chasing "YOU CAN FUCK A BEAR IN OUR GAME!!"

It feels like the cube is just their version of the Flask of Wondrous Physick from Elden Ring. I played around with it and it was pretty neat, but it feels like its more oriented towards helping the ghost buddy you can summon.

And yeah, the consumables are really bananas in this game. The different element type bombs can really wreck bosses, especially the Rabbit brotherhood.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea the cube sucks if you arent doing summons. However being able to full heal your summon or have it taunt and take reduced damage is pretty good.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Been playing this on game pass the last few days, definitely a Bloodborne meets bioshock infinite vibe. On chapter 6 or 7 I think, was using the starter big sword and just recently switched over to the big wrench thing, charge attack seems to chain stagger anything outside of bosses

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Amod Amod please change thread title to Lies of P (Souls-killer)

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Jesus. Mini-Boss White Lady can suck my asshole. I am used to dodging and blocking and come to find out I should just lock on, run around her, wait for her to charge, back stab - repeat.

Kind of a curve ball with this one.

And the fucking 84th artillery division in the back - sweet lord.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Jesus. Mini-Boss White Lady can suck my asshole. I am used to dodging and blocking and come to find out I should just lock on, run around her, wait for her to charge, back stab - repeat.

She was a whore for me too, and not in a good way.

• 1Worf

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Laxasia is the best boss in the game. Just git gud

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Laxasia is the best boss in the game. Just git gud

I have a tendency to have trouble with bosses that other people don't, and have no trouble with other bosses that people complain about. I beat Laxasia without much trouble, took 3 tries but I got her down to like 5% health (if that) on the first go. Second go I flubbed and only got her to about half, third go I won. Expected something ridiculous and it just felt like another boss.

On the other hand, the final boss gave me a TON of grief. I actually put the game down for about a week and a half (after steadily progressing to that point) because that fight was so frustrating. Once he goes to form 2 the boss just goes "lol I win". I only won because I used the "always perfect parry" enchant during the second form and then kited him while spamming throwing items (electric shock element did the most damage, IIRC)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Still really enjoying the game, I think I just beat the monster thing in the barren swamp. My biggest complaint is definitely that the bosses are pretty uninspiring and bland. Fighting random big robot_004 just isn’t the same as fighting Martyr Logarius or Vicar Amelia

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
lies_of_p.JPG

game good

spronk

FPS noob
wow, game sold 7m copies even though its on gamepass. well deserved, I 100%'d the xbox/gamepass version and it was a fantastic game

hopefully this means the sequel is a lock.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users