Liquors & Cocktails

fris

Vyemm Raider
went to a hipster shot bar a few weeks ago. $15 dollar drinks. chipped ice for each drink, tight jeans and mustache on the bartenders, full 9 yards. but my god, the drinks were amazing. crack open a fresh egg for each whiskey sour. not something i typically enjoy but they had a 3 tiered tray of bitters that must have had 30 varieties. 90% of my 'mixed' drinks are vodka soda or crown rocks, but i can't wait till i can find a reason to go back.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's because properly made cocktails are amazing. Some of the bitter varieties I've seen out there get pretty crazy and really change the dynamic of a drink. They aren't even that difficult to make at home.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This has been my favorite lately.

13ahPTm.jpg

This is probably my favorite over all.

Bzhxy2b.png

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
This has been my favorite lately.

13ahPTm.jpg

This is probably my favorite over all.

Bzhxy2b.png

Never tried Swift, I'll need to see if it is anywhere around here to buy.

Four Roses Single is indeed delicious. Their "small batch-barrel strength" limited yearly release has to be my 2nd favorite Bourbon of all. It is stupidly good and barrel strength stuff generally is my favorite.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Here is some others I have tried in the last month or three that I liked:

balob.12yo.jpg

obnob.14yo.jpg

macob.10yov6.jpg

japan_hib11.jpg

The hibiki wasnt really new. Been drinking this shit like water for a year or two.

All are awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Oban and that Japanese one are indeed good. I like my scotch as peaty as possible though. Lagavulin is king.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have also been enjoying this lately too. The flavor is a bit different because of the rye but I like it.

2Xvgu7j.png

We also finished this last weekend. Girlfriend loved it.

wrvMfr5.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For those of you who enjoy gin & tonics, I cannot recommend Jack Rudy Small Batch Tonic enough. This shit makes the BEST G&Ts. Tonic concentrate. Add your gin, a little bit of this, and then club soda. Add in a cucumber (the citrus flavor from the tonic cancels the need for lime) and you have one of the best G&Ts you've ever had.

small-batch-tonic.jpg

small-batch-tonic.jpg

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
How much of the tonic syrup would you put in a normal sized G&T? I just saw you can get a 17 oz bottle on amazon for about $20

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
For those of you who enjoy gin & tonics, I cannot recommend Jack Rudy Small Batch Tonic enough. This shit makes the BEST G&Ts. Tonic concentrate. Add your gin, a little bit of this, and then club soda. Add in a cucumber (the citrus flavor from the tonic cancels the need for lime) and you have one of the best G&Ts you've ever had.

small-batch-tonic.jpg

Shit that makes sense now. I was checking this out at bevmo and it was like 20 bucks or something. Didn't realize it was a concentrate.

small-batch-tonic.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And I've also on the Bourbon train for about 4 years now. Drank scotch when I was younger cause I thought it was cool but I've realized I just don't like it. When I want to spend a little more I'm all about the basils:

bottle_and_glass.png

But my daily drinker (truly bottom rail) is:

black-b-bottle.png

It's about 10 bucks for 750ml and honestly the taste is on par with makers IMO, little less sweet. Keep in mind smoked for 10 years through my 20's so my taste may be a little muted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
And I've also on the Bourbon train for about 4 years now. Drank scotch when I was younger cause I thought it was cool but I've realized I just don't like it. When I want to spend a little more I'm all about the basils:

bottle_and_glass.png

But my daily drinker (truly bottom rail) is:

black-b-bottle.png

It's about 10 bucks for 750ml and honestly the taste is on par with makers IMO, little less sweet. Keep in mind smoked for 10 years through my 20's so my taste may be a little muted.

Benefits of living in Kentucky is Basil Hayden is nice and cheap to buy. But that's probably any Bourbon in comparison to buying in Kentucky and buying in other states.

bottle_and_glass.png

black-b-bottle.png