Liquors & Cocktails

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'll give it a try. Looks like it's around 25 bucks give or take.

I have a few brands I hit up when I want to spend closer to 40+ on 750ml but honestly, like I said earlier and mrholland said. Evan Williams has a taste comparable to a lot of the sub 40's bourbons, barring sweetness levels, which I like to be toned back anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Easily Scotch

Macallan (12, 18, and rare celebrations 25)is usually my to go for Scotch but I like everything like Glenlivet, Glennfidich, or Highland park... Etc

Not a big fan of Islay scotch but I respect the craft.

OH yeah. Highland Park is excellent.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Scotch taste like I am stuffing a whole bunch of Spanish moss in my mouth, not a fan tbh. For cheap bourbon though, you cannot go wrong with the Evan Williams, I prefer Kentucky bourbon much more than Tennessee. Now that I am in Tokyo though, the Hibiki is delicious.

Lol you don't like Scotch but can drink that battery acid tasting Kentucky Bourbon. For shame Good sir!

Wait Tokyo? Sake time!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm a simple man. Hendrick's, club soda and lime all night long.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Wait Tokyo? Suntory time!

FTFY

tumblr_nz2r1wnGbw1u43809o1_500.gif

• 1Like

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I could use some recommendations, I have neglected my stash for a while and need to restock. My home bar philosophy is pretty basic. I like to have a good value product for mixing and shots and a decent mid range product for straight/rocks or people trying to be fancy-pants.

What am I missing you guys would consider essential?

This is what I currently have:

Bourbon:
Weller's 90, Elmer T. Lee

Scotch:
Highland 12, laphroaig 10

Vodka:
Tito's

Gin:
Beefeater

Tequila:
herradura anejo

Rum:
Sailor jerry, mt. gay

I don't need any high end suggestions. Whatever top shelf shit I have I don't even keep at the bar so it's out of reach of the drunken savages. This way I don't run the risk of needing to murder a co-worker the next time I see them after a party.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could use some recommendations, I have neglected my stash for a while and need to restock. My home bar philosophy is pretty basic. I like to have a good value product for mixing and shots and a decent mid range product for straight/rocks or people trying to be fancy-pants.

Bourbon:

Scotch:

Vodka:
Tito's

Gin:
Beefeater

Tequila:
herradura anejo

Rum:
Sailor jerry, mt. gay

I don't need any high end suggestions. Whatever top shelf shit I have I don't even keep at the bar so it's out of reach of the drunken savages. This way I don't run the risk of needing to murder a co-worker the next time I see them after a party.

I will pick a bottle of Odan next time to compare with Highland 12 and Laphroaig 10.

I love that they are great for whatever day/mood you are in.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
For Gin at least, I'd consider adding either Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire, depending on your taste preference.

Don Weber also makes a good tequila. Can use the blanco if you're just making Margs or whatever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm a simple man. Hendrick's, club soda and lime all night long.

Try replacing the lime with cucumber. It's not always available at a bar, but a cocktail spot should have cucumbers. Think it complements gin much better.

Bourbon:

Scotch:

Vodka:
Tito's

Gin:
Beefeater

Tequila:
herradura anejo

Rum:
Sailor jerry, mt. gay

Even if they are drunken savages, they don't deserve Beefeater. I agree with Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. Hendrick's is only 5-10 dollars more but both of those are perfectly acceptable. And I'll second Oban. Very good scotch that doesn't break the bank like Lagavulin.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Tried to buy Weller 12 year and that Copper and Kings Brandy. No dice at either store.

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I will pick a bottle of Odan next time to compare with Highland 12 and Laphroaig 10.

I love that they are great for whatever day/mood you are in.

Try replacing the lime with cucumber. It's not always available at a bar, but a cocktail spot should have cucumbers. Think it complements gin much better.

Even if they are drunken savages, they don't deserve Beefeater. I agree with Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray. Hendrick's is only 5-10 dollars more but both of those are perfectly acceptable. And I'll second Oban. Very good scotch that doesn't break the bank like Lagavulin.

OK, sounds like I need to invest in some Odan. I'll see if they have Hendricks at the store too.
Thanks

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
To the best Screaming Viking in town!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've had the cucumber as well(that's how my girlfriend drinks it), but I really like some kind of acid in there.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

Bourbon:

Scotch:

Vodka:
Tito's

Gin:
Beefeater

Tequila:
herradura anejo

Rum:
Sailor jerry, mt. gay

Bourbon: Larceny (bang-for-buck), Russell's Reserve (10 or Single) for a more middle-uppermiddle.
Scotch: This is always hard as some like peat, some don't. And scotch is generally more expensive than its American cousin (Bourbon). But can never go wrong with a tried-and-true Glenlivet 12 (or 15 for a good middle-tier Scotch price), anything Aberlour (12yr for instance; or A'bunadh for a little more $$), Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban, Balvenie (Doublewood or Caribbean Cask)
Vodka: Van Gogh, Russian Standard (for mixing), Luksusowa (if you want to go really cheap but not terrible). But basically, It is Tito's until you want to spend $50+ on Vodka, so stick with Tito's...
Gin: Go back to page 1 and get any of those basically...
Tequila: I generally avoid (the Mrs. forbids me from drinking it, lol)
Rum: Zaya (incredible for $30-35), Flor De Cana 12yr (15yr is amazing, but harder to find), El Dorado 12yr (or 15 if you can find it around $45-50)

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Been wanting to try some sipping rum. Came to ask for recommendations and saw your post. Picked up El Dorado 15 for 35 bucks.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Pineapple old Fashioned

put sugar in the raw on pieces of pineapple. Blast the shit out of it with a propane torch.

Place prepped pineapple, italian cherry, one slice of orange in a glass
Muddle
add 3oz Bulleit rye.
add a drop or two of bitters
add ice
shake
strain into glass w/ ice rock

taste.

Also, buy this shit, best fucking drink ever:

veev-acai-spirit.jpg

Muddle strawberry, blueberry, slice lemon, and 1/2oz sugar in glass.
Add ice
add 2.5oz acai spirit
shake
pour into glass
top w/ grand marnier & splash of sprite.

taste

Acai liquor is so fucking good. It's basically a vodka made from Acai. You'll generally find it in the Cordial section in liqour store. Sometimes it's in vodka area. It's basically really sweet vodka, fucking amazing.

I bartend @ 60k for 30-35hrs/week and freelance code (currently). Pretty much how I've lived my entire adult life without getting a "real" job. I've taken long breaks from slave work in between extremely successful coding jobs, but I really really appreciate physical labor after problem solving for so long.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
Alex Alex , i see your luxardo cherry liquor.

You can make some badass Black Cherry manhattans with that.

tyen

<Banned>
@Haka lulzd at your four roses liqour. I built a site for some rep that works for them that re-sells oak barrels.

She makes a killing buying those stupid barrels from a site and re-selling them. I still get emails everytime someone contacts them, too stupid to take me off the email list.