Liquors & Cocktails

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tried some of this last night. Very good. Would drink again.

vatted_com4.jpg

Tim

Molten Core Raider
Rum: Zaya (incredible for $30-35), Flor De Cana 12yr (15yr is amazing, but harder to find), El Dorado 12yr (or 15 if you can find it around $45-50)

Yo, thanks for this suggestion, bought El Dorado 15 last time I was at the store, its excellent.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yo, thanks for this suggestion, bought El Dorado 15 last time I was at the store, its excellent.

Now go track down a 21yr El Dorado. Its amazing how a 21yr-aged old liquor goes for around $90-100. If it was Bourbon or Scotch, it would easily be $150 minimum.

Once you finish the El Dorado, go buy some Flor De Cana (just make sure not to Google their labor practices). I cannot decide if I like El Dorado 15 or Flor DE Cana 12yr more...

Ron Zapaca is another good choice. Same with Plantation rum if you want a more robust (but not as delicate or fine) flavor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I knew there had to be a thread for this.

I like clear liquers lately, taking shots.

TqHy6o5.jpg

Got this one today, Tastes great. Clean smooth taste. No rubbing alcohol feel to it at all.

Qw4DKA4.jpg

This shit is CHEAP AND GOOD. You want cheap good vodka, go with this. Not as nice as the Deep Eddy, was expecting rubbing alcohol, got tender and smooth girl.

NgrMiqJ.jpg

Really nice clear rum. Owner of store told me this is made right next to the Bacardi plant and that the locals all drink this instead of the crap they sell to the mainland.

Very smooth, light taste. If you want something that is going to let you know you are drinking rum, this is NOT it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I picked up a bottle of the vodka i mentioned last post. It tastes like the Kirkland grey goose knockoff but a little smoother imo. It's cool that it is made out of 100% rye.

It's still vodka though, boring and bland.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Been having trouble with the bottle caps for Deep Eddy clear and sweet tea vodka. Basically the slightest amount of torque would break the seal from closed back to open. Made closing them a huge pain in the ass. Emailed the company and got a response back they had identified an issue and changed the design and I probably had a bottle from older stock. And they're sending me Deep Eddy swag to compensate. Pretty good CS.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So this afternoon/tonight I'm working my way through a bottle of Noah's Mills small batch bourbon. I'm almost exclusively a strait bourbon/rocks drinker and I compare everything to Evan Williams, which no matter what the snooty hipster buttholes say, is the gold standard for fairly priced bourbon that tastes like it's suppose to.

Noah's Mills is good. It's slightly smoother, about the same sugar and has a bit more oak than Evan Williams. That said, the extra complexities in Noah's Mills take effort, pallet and experience to discover (i imagine). These are three things which I do not have, especially when drinking. I cannot justify the 5x cost over a bottle of the gold standard. I regret not just grabbing a bottle of Basil Haydens for my 'want to spend a few extra bucks' drinking afternoon, but do give the small batch boys marks for trying.

Will report hangover differences tomorrow.

1038194x.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm a bourbon n00b. I'm just fine with Bulleit. Not sure if that makes me a shit-taster or not. My snobbery is in gin and scotch.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bourbon n00b. I'm just fine with Bulleit. Not sure if that makes me a shit-taster or not. My snobbery is in gin and scotch.

Evan willaims if you're a bourbon n00b who is drinking to drink. Go from there but realize the money/taste ratio will never be the same. If you're in public at a bar or something, bulleit on up works fine, but it costs.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I think there is a certain amount of the more expensive is better snooty attitude that pervades wine. That being said the beauty of whiskey now days is there are so many different flavors that you can find what you like and fuck the snob's.

Personally my go to lately is Four Roses Single Batch but I will probably try that Evan Williams provided it's not smokey.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Old grand dad 114 is my favorite money/taste bourbon now that all the Weller products have vanished from the shelves here.