Lord of the Rings Online

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah these are going to be special servers that have nazgool (or how ever you spell it) that show up around the world kinda like a public raid/quest/whatever in other games. They get stronger the longer they are up. There will be 10 rings in the game that people can find. Someone with a ring has to be there to actually make killing them possible. So, if no one with a ring is online, these world bosses are going to run wild causing havoc.

One server is going to be called Mordor and the other Angmar. One of the servers is going to actually ran off a server in Europe. Apparently, this is a big thing for them because all their other servers are based in America.

Also, these new servers will be the first 64 bit servers.
Nazgûl, phaggot

That actually sounds like a pretty cool server idea

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah these are going to be special servers that have nazgool (or how ever you spell it) that show up around the world kinda like a public raid/quest/whatever in other games. They get stronger the longer they are up. There will be 10 rings in the game that people can find. Someone with a ring has to be there to actually make killing them possible. So, if no one with a ring is online, these world bosses are going to run wild causing havoc.

One server is going to be called Mordor and the other Angmar. One of the servers is going to actually ran off a server in Europe. Apparently, this is a big thing for them because all their other servers are based in America.

Also, these new servers will be the first 64 bit servers.

What happens if nobody with a ring is on? Like if they all end up on people who quit playing?

What's the difference between the servers? Isn't Mordor just a bigger and badder version of Angmar anyway?

Why'd they have to put this out the same time as Teek? Damn it all.

What's the unlock cadence?

Would I be better off playing this or resuming my level 33 character on an existing server where I was given like a zillion money/stuff and have all the expansions already and could play through them as quick as I want, in theory? (Unsure how soloable the game is as it goes on)

Every year I pop on here wanting to get back into this game and never do. I would this time, almost guaranteed, if not for Teek.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I downloaded this last weekend to try and play it again. Couldn't read anything because UI scaling is borked so just logged off. Lol.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded this last weekend to try and play it again. Couldn't read anything because UI scaling is borked so just logged off. Lol.
I get a hankering to try to play many of these games again then I come back these threads and the learning curve and these kinds of posts just bounce me off. I haven't been able to play anything since the hurricane and our week without power, looking for something to light the spark again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What happens if nobody with a ring is on? Like if they all end up on people who quit playing?

What's the difference between the servers? Isn't Mordor just a bigger and badder version of Angmar anyway?

Would I be better off playing this or resuming my level 33 character on an existing server where I was given like a zillion money/stuff and have all the expansions already and could play through them as quick as I want, in theory? (Unsure how soloable the game is as it goes on)

Every year I pop on here wanting to get back into this game and never do. I would this time, almost guaranteed, if not for Teek.
It's Kerafyrm time, all the time!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

Don't know the answers to most of these questions. Sorry lol.

As far as soloable, the game is VERY soloable at this point.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I think the whole Nazgul and 10 rings thing will be pretty interesting. I will probably start a character on one of those servers just to check it out.

As for playing the game normally, I am on the Gladden server and have no plans to leave it anytime soon. This is one of those games where you have thousands of achievements to make, so you end up having a large investment in one server if you have been there a long time. My main is a level 109 Champion, and I am in Mordor right now.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m about a week in now and I gotta say, I’m enjoying my time back with this so far. Had to create a brand new account but I’ve already VIP’d.

Lvl 27 elven hunter on the Brandywine server and just hit Ost Guruth. Holy shit there is a ton of content it seems!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a good gnap, made some tea. I'm ready to deliver some pies!

Is it noon eastern or noon pathithic?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ill give them this, its amazing how much content they still pump out over the years, and trying new things liek this is cool. Gimmicky and I dont see anyone playing these servers past 4 months, but cool.

Why can no other studios support shit in modern time, yet 17 year old mild success games are thriving

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I would try this again if I could read anything on a > 1080p resolution. I think this is one of the new LOTR games that really respects the source material. I really wish that they bothered to fix this.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm struggling with that in old SWG. Kind of like EQ there's an option for chat font but the rest of it is tiny.

Maybe LOTRO has a UI scale. I'll letcha know in 4ish hours.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm struggling with that in old SWG. Kind of like EQ there's an option for chat font but the rest of it is tiny.

Maybe LOTRO has a UI scale. I'll letcha know in 4ish hours.

It does, but it doesn't affect ancillary text, so tooltips/various windows and other areas outside of the main UI frames. The problem is everything is so wordy it's impossible to tell what is going on.

You can set it to a lower resolution and then upscale it in a few ways, but the problem I have is with a UW monitor, there's no lower resolution with the same aspect ratio as native, so it won't work for me. If you have a generic 4k monitor you can upscale 1080p and read everything though.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried to play this again about 6 months ago and had the worst performance for some reason. I played this back in era and did not really have any performance issues, but there was some sort of hitching or lag that I could not get away from.

I'd pull a few mobs, and then the screen would literally freeze for 2secs or so, nothing whatsoever moving, but when it would stop lagging, it would fire off all of my abilities. This would happen about every 2 to 3 mobs....so I just deleted the game.

Think I played this back when a 480 was a top of the line card, and now have a 4090 and suffered more performance issues that I did with a super old card back in the day.

• 1Like