Losing your Job

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's a relatively new company that does social knowledge platforms for businesses. They need help working on a foundation of courses that can be sold with their platform.

The only drawback is that it's an hour drive. Which I'm sure some on this board will read it and say "only an hour!?"

Yeah, I dive an hour and twenty to my job, so I get where your thinking is on this. It does give me a good chance to listen to some podcasts I wouldn't usually get the chance to listen to, so there's that at least.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Behavioral questions in interviews.

They don't always come up in the jobs I apply for, but sometimes you get an HR guy sitting in with his list of standard questions.

What is everyone's thoughts on having notes on hand that I can reference for each question. I got my notebook here full of questions I'm anticipating with their real-world answers.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
When it comes to HR just go by I AM BY THE BOOK. I LOVE ETHICS. WILL NEVER STEAL REPORT ANY WRONG DOING BY OTHER. EMPLOYEES ZERO TOLERANCE.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wouldn't go that route, personally. During any behavioral interview they usually know it make take a bit for you to work your mind through an answer and are more than willing to give you that time. As an interviewer I'd want more organic answers to those questions as opposed to obviously prepared answers that may seem fake to me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
These two threads being next to each other on "new posts" made me laugh:

p9PVDsx.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Behavioral questions in interviews.

They don't always come up in the jobs I apply for, but sometimes you get an HR guy sitting in with his list of standard questions.

What is everyone's thoughts on having notes on hand that I can reference for each question. I got my notebook here full of questions I'm anticipating with their real-world answers.
I always bring a notebook with a list of talking points, because normally I do well in interviews but sometimes I can get off track or flustered and those help me get back on track or remind me to bring up a point I had not brought up yet. I also take notes on the questions they asked, any questions I had, any things we discussed, etc. Not verbatim or anything, just the highlights so I can remember later.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I keep getting the standard "What are your hobbies"? Always catches me off guard. :eek: I am stressed and still looking.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Legal interviews are so easy breezy, they're mostly social fit interviews and only like one or two gunner partners will ask you legal questions and see what you know. It's hilarious.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I finally answered it without stuttering on my 3rd try. Not sure what the "right" answer is to this question. I am guessing they are looking for a social hobby instead of shitposting bananas in my free time.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Depends on the field. In tech they are generally looking for a tech-related answer or leadership-related answer. There are the few times that they are just looking to see if you have stuff in common with the team, but usually they are looking for "well I maintain an open source teledildonics api" or whatever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm in Tech. Been saying riding my bike, visiting museums, appreciating street art, etc. since I live in an artsy neighborhood. Silly me for going with what I actually like to do. :rolleyes:

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At interview for a state job they asked me how i felt about hygiene. That caught me off guard