Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
After some of the worst card RNG in the history of bad RNG, I am finally done with Legendary cards minus Thaemine:

1710957952841.png

Should be getting another .17% Beast damage soon as a result but pretty happy where it's at:

1710958282124.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Incredibly weird how they didn't reduce the cost of Akkan gear, they only gave the double mats for 5 weeks part. Means any non-Road alt still takes 8 weeks for a full set cause it runs out at 240/300. The extra honing event rewarding some time limited 16-19 level Akkan books is nice though.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Sigh... reinstalling.

just kidding, sorry Vold

I was starring at my friends list waiting for you to re-appear.

1711151402555.png

I won't give up hope.

Really wish I liked this game. That looks awesome.

Genuinely should give it a try for 2-3 weeks with the current pass to get a feel for it. It's not the same game you remember.

I feel ya here, if i honestly felt like this was causal enough to hop in and out of every couple of months I’d check these out.

Not sure I understand this. The present pass allows you to get a character to 1600 in under a month (if hardcore, 2 weeks). 1600 is clearing all current content, except for one hard mode. If that isn't casual friendly, I don't know what is. Our Slayer came back with the last pass (and only has the one main) and he is 1624, which is <10 ilevels below me. The game releases catch up mechanics which places you in the end game content too quickly. That's how they try to hook you into spending cash: they bring you able to do the current raids but if you want more characters then you need to swipe a lot. For a single character casual experience though, I'd argue that the return experience is the best in the business. You get to do several raids (in your case, you'd get to do clown --) Brel --) Kayangel --) Akkan --) Voldis) which would basically mean that every week you're doing a new raid and having fun. You'd also get baited by a honing screen that would results in ilvl increases every time you log in. I don't doubt you'd quit after that month is up but it would still be a really fun experience for that time without spending a dime.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Devs need to fix engraving support bug and I don't mean on Wednesday. Extremely annoying whenever you log out it completely resets saved engravings and whenever you go into an instance it lies and shows its turned on but none of the engravings work until you cycle it off and back on again.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Too bad playing a support in anything but raids is generally not fun. I almost used the pass on a support to try the raids but the thought of doing story content on a support turned me off.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
People say "you can't fix the support shortage by just adding a support class" but I bet a female Paladin (Slayer model) would do the trick with Lost Ark's audience.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
People say "you can't fix the support shortage by just adding a support class" but I bet a female Paladin (Slayer model) would do the trick with Lost Ark's audience.
People who say this are retarded. When Artist was released we had a long period of too many supports. Female Paladin fixes the issue immediately.
Thaemine 4/17

PTO scheduled. My body is ready!

Del

Vyemm Raider
Too bad playing a support in anything but raids is generally not fun. I almost used the pass on a support to try the raids but the thought of doing story content on a support turned me off.
Story content is easy as hell. You could do it with anything. The reason why there is a support shortage is because everyone wants to do huge deeps, but 80-90% of the player base is trash and behave more like walking cameras than dpsers.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Story content is easy as hell. You could do it with anything. The reason why there is a support shortage is because everyone wants to do huge deeps, but 80-90% of the player base is trash and behave more like walking cameras than dpsers.

Or, it's that playing a support is complete ass in anything but raids. It's the complaint I have heard the most. It wore me out after over a year of playing two supports.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Pretty dumb and uninformed complaint. The only content that sucks playing as a support are the towers, all other solo content is brain dead easy, and even the towers can be overcome with a dps build. Every support class can do dps with the correct build even if it's not as good as the pure dps classes.

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Or, it's that playing a support is complete ass in anything but raids. It's the complaint I have heard the most. It wore me out after over a year of playing two supports.

Your understanding of support gameplay for daily content is based on dated information. It would be a correct statement if we were talking about the Brel era. Anyone who knows what they're doing these days would not use Betrayal for instance when clearing Chaos Dungeons, which would have been a status quo for you at the time. You can very easily make a support build to clear Chaos Dungeons in <3 minutes per clear.

Towers would still be annoying but I haven't done a Tower in over a year. It's not relevant content. The potential +30 seconds you take on this stuff is reduced greatly for all of the perks that one gets for playing a support, specifically;

1) Any support is able to get invited to a current Guardian raid lobby and get in with a juice grouped that will clear 1-2 minutes quicker than matchmaking.
2) Any support is able to get invited to most lobby's without wait time and their character requirements are laughably low (the express pass gems give you gems that are better than what anyone will care about). I would not accept a DPS with lvl 7 & 8s gems however I would take a support with these easily.

The issue is the same as any MMO. People don't like playing the support bitch. Everyone wants to run DPS even if, objectively speaking, they're terrible at DPS. The big numbers just feel good. There is very easy evidence to suggest that releasing a new support class would solve the issue: when Artist was released, we spent 3 months with an overabundance of supports. Releasing Female Paladin as a support would have the same effect, only amplified by quite a bit as Paladin is already inherently easy to play and would share a similar character model to Slayer, which obviously appeals significantly to most MMO players.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
meh. The chore content is the #1 complaint I have seen for quitting the game. The chore content takes(took?) longer on a support. If they finally fixed that then good but late if the community won't continue playing supports.

IMO, It's not just "bignumbersmakehappy." Even traditional MMOS playing a DPS is 1 gear set/spec/play style where playing a tank/healer required another gear set/build to do any quest/solo content. It has always been more of a hassle for the player. LA was(is?) on a different level.

We're all seasoned MMO players here. Sure, there are less healers/tanks in MMOS but I've never experienced the extent that LA had from the get-go. Maybe they need to release a new support class every 4 months?