Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My god you guys were right, this news segment they have is fucking gold

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 10 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I know nothing much about the MCU vs Marvel universe. All I know is I am pretty sick of just about anything in the superhero genre.

How are these costumes NOT Spiderman/Spiderwoman? I saw the trailer and it oozes spiderman (with short clips of women doing Peter Parker moves).

I'm lost. No need to explain-- it just LOOKS like spiderman. A lot. And it clearly isn't.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this the same Madame Web that they had in the 90's spiderman cartoon? Extra-dimensional, assembles the strongest team of heroes to 5v5 with villains? All to see who should stop Carnage from detonating a reality bomb to end existence as we know it.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My god you guys were right, this news segment they have is fucking gold

They had one a few months ago and it made the old lady look awkward

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sony took a page out of the Disney playbook.

Many here would remember Lindsey Lohan was moved down 2 full cup sizes by digital editing.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

1708022159011.png

jan 18th forecast
opening =$25,000,000 – $35,000,000
us total =$56,000,000 – $101,000,000
feb 8th forecast
opening =$15,000,000 – $24,000,000
us total =$42,000,000 – $78,000,000
feb 14th weekend prediction
6 day opening =$22.6m

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The consensus is what? That this was a dumper so Sony could hold on to Spiderman related IPs?
Apparently Sony was mixing too much shit into the movie that would have messed with MCU and Holland Spider-man. Marvel didn't like that and they did a lot of cuts/reshoots to remove it.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The consensus is what? That this was a dumper so Sony could hold on to Spiderman related IPs?
Amy Pascal started developing this 10+ years ago (without a specific hero in mind) to be the first all female superhero movie and it got put on the backburner. Somehow someone decided to actually make it because DEI despite both DC and Marvel making a female superhero team since.

• 3Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sony took a page out of the Disney playbook.

Many here would remember Lindsey Lohan was moved down 2 full cup sizes by digital editing.

I'm calling bullshit on that. One, that would have been an expensive task for that era's capability and that film's budget. The director also denies they were digitally altered.

Secondly, just watch scenes from the movie and they look plenty sizable. The Reddit thread you link has some pretty good scenes showing them and they definitely don't look two sizes smaller.

This sounds like an internet myth which is further supported by the fact that the Reddit thread links to the Wikipedia like that's the source but there is no actual mention of this topic on there.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Dumper means good now. As in that horrible fucking ahsoka show at least has a dumper.

The appropriate term to describe this shit show is its a total foler

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This sounds like an internet myth which is further supported by the fact that the Reddit thread links to the Wikipedia like that's the source but there is no actual mention of this topic on there.

As it was nearly over 20 years ago-- there's not going to be a modern internet source on it.

You'd be going off the wayback archive for starters, not just clicking some wikipedia in 2024.

I found testimony that it was only for very specific scenes where they had movement, in very specific scenes. That tracks with the scenes posted on reddit showing no reduction.

You'd need to pull up the specific scenes that the test audience considered too hot for kids. They can also use a sports bra and tape (like what was done in Madame Web), allowing the director to shrug off the digital accusation despite taking measures to reduce them.

Test screenings for the new movie, the fourth sequel to the 1968 film The Love Bug about a Volkswagen Beetle car with a mind of its own, indicated that some parents felt Lohan's character Maggie Peyton was too raunchy for a children's film.

Disney technicians were forced to plough through numerous scenes - especially those showing the busty actress jumping up and down at a motor racing track, reducing her breasts by two cup sizes and raising revealing necklines on her T-shirts.

Amused at her digital bosom reduction, Lohan says, "I don't know how Renee Zellweger kept swelling and shrinking for Bridget Jones. It's no fun.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this video title sounds really bad if you say it out loud, but it does illustrate a point that no, there was no digital boob shrinkage