Man Kills Drunk Driver Who Killed His Kids - Your Take

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Reading the title of the thread, I figured the revenge killing took place some time after the accident. I could see why he would do that, but that would still be pre-meditated murder. However, since it happened just minutes after the accident, it's completely understandable that the father would be emotional enough to do the deed right then and there. Voluntary manslaughter, like Lithose said.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Good for him. It ought to happen more often. Especially to the wealthy drunk drivers plowing through people repeatedly over their lives and buying their way out every time.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I don't know what I'd do in that situation, but what blows my mind about this case is that the defense is claiming the father didn't kill the drunk driver. Whatever you say.
There is what happened and there is what can be proved beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Since there appears to be some ambiguity in the physical evidence, that is an easy way for the defense to get him off. I'm trying to care about the implications for vigilante style justice.... but he killed two children by being reckless and irresponsible. I mostly feel glad he won't be doing that again.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Given the way executions are going these days, a gunshot from the father is probably more humane.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If i was on the jury i would convince myself that no weapon and no witness leads creedence to reasonable doubt. I would acquit, but deep down i knew he did it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fine, we walked up and shot the guy. And? Why convince yourself of anything? You aren't under any legal obligation as a juror to do vote any way you decide to vote.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Plot twist: Dad was on PCP and his kids were already dead!

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I doubt this is a first, but I'm impressed everybody is on the same side here.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He shot the guy within minutes of the crash. Just being in a car accident itself is enough to put a person into some kind of shock-based diminished mental state. Throw in two dead sons and it's likely his mental faculties weren't even in the same time zone as his meat body when he pasted that guy.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, we have laws to prevent feel good law enforcement. I know it won't make me popular, but this guy is guilty. Was he rightfully angry? Yup. He had perfect motivation to act as he did. However, one of the things that separates us from animals is impulse control. Work through the system, get the maximum sentence for this guy, and get a lot of counseling to help you cope.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've got this feeling that the reason no weapon was recovered is because a kindly neighborhood police officer decided to not recover one.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can't really fault him for doing what he did he still killed a person and if they can prove it he should be found guilty

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How did he know the guy was drunk? Also running out of gas on a road does make him liable for any damage or injury caused by someone smashing their shit into his truck.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
While I empathize with him, I can't say I'd acquit simply based on the fact that his kids died. If they used TE, I probably would assuming the story panned out. Claiming he didn't do it is sketchy though. It also seems like the only reason it was a good play in this case was because there was 'no evidence'.

How did he know the guy was drunk? Did he stumble out of the car with a bottle of JD and start gloating over how awesome it was?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, like dirk said, he's guilty. But I don't care, I wouldn't vote to convict. Just thinking about this makes me nauseous.