Man Seeking Woman

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
wLP6hhwqIt9fPcPdPHc4gnBrL92.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Man Seeking Woman[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-01-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Josh Greenberg is a naive romantic on a desperate quest for love. When his longtime girlfriend dumps him, Josh enters the dating scene, a nightmarish hellscape of untold horror. Despite the agony, Josh continues his search in the hopes of finding someone who will make all the misery worth it.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

imdb_sl said:
Naive 20-something Josh Greenberg is in search of love. Things aren't exactly in his favor to find his ideal mate -- for he has a bad job and apartment and is afraid to approach women. But his best-friend/confidant Mike -- his polar opposite -- is a cool, confident bro with an expense account. Mike is also the proverbial devil on his buddy's shoulder, pushing him to engage in activities like sex and drugs. Also in Josh's life are his sister Liz, a corporate lawyer who wants him to get his act together, and ex-girlfriend Maggie, for whom he still longs -- despite her leaving their four-year relationship.
Just watched the first episode, really funny stuff and worth a watch. Reminds me of a combo of Louie, You're the Worst, and Its Always Sunny. I really have hated the leading actor in everything he has done so far - Jay Baruchel, he was in This is The End and Knocked Up - but he makes this role work.

The show exaggerates premises for comedy, so for example in the first episode he goes on a blind date with a literal troll and his ex-gf starts dating Adolf Hitler, they never seem to break back into reality. That and the semi-fantastical departures are what remind me of Louie, writing seems pretty good so far too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shes out of your league was a pretty good movie and enjoyed him in Goon and tropic thunder. i watched episode 4 and not sure what to think

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The show is weird, but funny and more subtle/smart than people will give it credit for. Meaning it won't last.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I kind of dig it, there really isn't another show like it, and that goes a long way these days. The Hitler skit was pretty great.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The war committee on the text in the second episode is $$$.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I fucking love Jay Baruchel. I always wished he was in more shit.

Will definitely check this out when I get home tonight.

spronk

FPS noob
watch 2 episodes at least imo, the second episode was the funniest 30 mins of TV I have seen in a long time. it definitely gets way more goofy and unreal but saul from BSG guest stars in episode 2 and he is awesome

eric andre is really, really great in the show too, and jay is good enough that i may be turning around on my dislike of him

Homsar

I dont get the hate for Jay Baruchel, his voice is terrible but good for cartoons. The guy comes off as the nice guy, His screen time always keeps everything grounded and let's people play off him

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I have watched 3 out of the 4 episodes and I will probably not continue with this unless I get really desperate for something to watch.

The "fantasy" scenes are so way over the top for me I can't enjoy it. I keep waiting for him to wake up from a dream or snap back into reality or something.

But yes, the episode 2 texting war room scene was amazing. Especially cause of Saul from BSG drinking whiskey haha. That was awesome.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Caught up with every episode. I'm not sure how I feel about this show. Some bits are excellent and are very funny. Some just go on way too long and the joke is beat to death. It really is like a sketch comedy show.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This show is pretty funny and I do enjoy it. My biggest critique is the inconsistency of supporting cast and their view point(s) on certain subjects from one show to the next. Overall it is a good show and better than any comedy on the Big 4 Networks.

Homsar

Show definitely has moments but I was really waiting for Trackanon to be a dragon this last episode

Vaclav

I loved the show, definitely my favorite new show this year - I've got the bad feeling that it seems a little "too niche" though to get renewed though.

And yea, Trackanon (especially with the wife and I gearing up for Progression 3.0) was a hilariously surprising name for them to use. I wonder if someone on staff knew of Trakanon from EQ or it was just coincidence though?

Update: Apparently I should have Googled it first, much to my disbelief it is actually renewed already - awesome...Man Seeking Woman Renewed For Season 2 By FXX! - RenewCancelTV.com

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm halfway through binge watching the season, just finished episode 5 with Tanaka the penis monster (is this what you meant by trackanon or is that in a later episode?)

This show is hilarious. The end of the episode with his buddy where he leaves his dick at the bar had be cracking up. Eric Andre is superb in all his scenes.

Homsar

Trackanon takes over earth and is the ruler and sirens keep saying Trackanon will kill you. It's episode 10

spronk

FPS noob
Caught up with every episode. I'm not sure how I feel about this show. Some bits are excellent and are very funny. Some just go on way too long and the joke is beat to death. It really is like a sketch comedy show.
caught up and i'd agree with this, but overall i like it since its just so weird and out there and unlike any other show except maybe louie. Bits like the entire texting episode, getting friend-zoned by the last woman on earth, or the sister being told about life from 8 year olds were amazing.

and yeah andre really is the funniest part of the show

spronk

FPS noob
season 2 premieres January 6th. If you haven't watched season 1, go fix that now!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, love this show. Looking forward to the new season. One of the funnier shows on tv the last few years.