[manga] Everything Else

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It could be Rachel is a spawn of either Zahard or someone very high up -- or may even be related to Arlene herself.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, and some backstory for Rachel. I guess she worked for Arlene as a maid, and probably found out where Baam was placed, then came up with the idea to use him...maybe?
Wait, did I miss this?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, did I miss this?
Yea, the latest chapter had a lot information in it about Baam / Rachel / Floor of Death, and even a teaser for another Irregular.

So Arlene found a way out of the Tower, but I am guessing it wasn't actually outside of the Tower as a whole, since she told stories of the open sky / starry nights, which Rachel heard and took to be her dream / goal. So they were in some pocket universe, which had knowledge of the Tower...still don't know why Rachel would want to go -into- the Tower to find that open sky / starry night (someone Urek also knows of, but knows it is -outside- the Tower). Odd.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, the latest chapter had a lot information in it about Baam / Rachel / Floor of Death, and even a teaser for another Irregular.

So Arlene found a way out of the Tower, but I am guessing it wasn't actually outside of the Tower as a whole, since she told stories of the open sky / starry nights, which Rachel heard and took to be her dream / goal. So they were in some pocket universe, which had knowledge of the Tower...still don't know why Rachel would want to go -into- the Tower to find that open sky / starry night (someone Urek also knows of, but knows it is -outside- the Tower). Odd.
No, I read that. I meant did it give some indication that Rachel was a specific relation to Arlene (maid, etc).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, I read that. I meant did it give some indication that Rachel was a specific relation to Arlene (maid, etc).
It is something that you can infer from her conversation with Wagnan; that she was keeping things neat, in all the flashbacks showing her and Baam together she is always wearing the same dress, and then she flat out says she knew Arlene, of how important Baam was to her, and how she (Rachel) wanted to be the one to realize Arlene's dream. Also proves she is totally psycho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Rachel is evil Cinderella? I wonder if Baam is some sort of clone of the baby since he is the 25th Baam?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think 25th baam refers to 25th night. I think SIU is hinting at some jesus like connection you know 25th of december/13 months etc. The batoto thread totally missed that part where Rachel mentions Arlene lol. That expands a lot about Rachels connection. Also remember when Rachel said that Baam was mysterious and that by going to the floor of death she would be able to know more about Baam's past? This leads me to believe that Baam is something entirely different and not the direct child of Arlene. I wonder if he is the 13th weapon made flesh or something

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
there was that whole part of him being an ignition weapon.... that could be it. Arlene combined the dead child and her 13th month series to make baam as a living ignition weapon.

The new Attack on Titan is out... Seems to be a 4yr time skip, and the two major antagonists are being sacrificed? IDK. The time skip is interesting, since Eren basically had a timer on his life as well...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Arlene ever had a 13th Series weapon, those were created after Zahard solidified his position as Ruler, she just put a spell on the corpse of the baby so that it wouldn't decay, but also making it an empty vessel. Then she placed it in a hole, which was probably a shrine of some sort to the God of the Outside... hoping that the God would possess it, or something. Something happens and the corpse is revived, but is a total innocent in a place with no knowledge of anything.

Looking back at the Story, I think Baam has a lot of stuff placed inside him. FUG placed two items in him, some container (by Jinsung Ha), then a piece of Thorn (by Raffelo?). I think the Container is the Demon thing that we see try to seduce Baam into accepting its "power"... which isn't necessary for Baam to have (FUG probably wouldn't know that), so that other huge source of power behind the Demon was the Thorn itself (right?), and now he has all those Souls.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Basically Rachel was Baam's nanny for some obscene amount of time while he was in the cave and she went a bit bonkers. That is the vibe I'm getting.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone reading The Promised Neverland? Really like the quality of the writing. One of the few manga I have trouble waiting for, each week.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone reading The Promised Neverland? Really like the quality of the writing. One of the few manga I have trouble waiting for, each week.
I've been reading it, but I took a break after issue #22 and then caught up when #28 was released. It's good, but I feel like it suffers from GoT-syndrome (intentional torture of characters) but it does have some actual suspense. Also some of the leaps the characters have taken seem "out of character" or too precognitive.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Considering Rachel is involved im thinking Hoc and Baam are going to end up facing each other.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Shits getttttttttttttttttttttttting hyyyyyyyyyypeeee - Stilll - What fuckin power does Rachel even have besides the ability to piss off readers?

Chris

Potato del Grande
She is a basic lighthouse user? We kinda know more about Baam now but she is still a mystery.