Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Love? Sounds like co-dependence to me.

Co-Dependence, imho, would be if I couldn't enjoy doing my shit if she wasn't there.

I can enjoy my own shit just fine. In fact, many weeknights I don't even make it home because I work late and crash at a buddy's house instead of driving 2.5 hours home.

But if she's there, I enjoy shit more. Just knowing I have the love of my wife near me enhances things for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I signed it with the one person I truly love.

WoA525D.png

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
anyone else find it depressing how by the time you hit your 30s entering into a relationship is a glorified business arrangement? it's no longer about love or passion or really anything other than two people coming to the conclusion that the other person makes adequate money or will be a decent enough parent and they probably won't do much better. i wouldn't really describe myself as the romantic type but i have a hard time reconciling that with what i thought "love" was about what i was a teenager.

Nope doesn't bother me at all, It's about finding someone who supports your life and inspires you. At least for me it was and is. The fact that what inspires me now has changed since I was a teenager doesn't make it any less romantic. Besides who are you kidding, kinky passionate sex still inspires you, you just want the person to also be sane and reliable at the same time.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thnk it all starts with a heavy dose of chemical dependence, then this turns into "Ok I can get along with this person full time". Then later over many years and offspring it morphs into something deeper, more hard to explain.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
anyone else find it depressing how by the time you hit your 30s entering into a relationship is a glorified business arrangement? it's no longer about love or passion or really anything other than two people coming to the conclusion that the other person makes adequate money or will be a decent enough parent and they probably won't do much better. i wouldn't really describe myself as the romantic type but i have a hard time reconciling that with what i thought "love" was about what i was a teenager.

Yeah, I've never been able to get behind that either.

I've been told that i'm selfish and childish.

So be it.

Passion doesn't have to be sexual, but it does have to exist. To think passion is only an artifact of youth is, in my estimation, a serious mistake.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I try to save women time by letting them know I'm selfish and childish right away. But they all seem to prefer learning the hard way.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
We are stupid touchy creatures...or at least I am...

Now who here needs to be told to fuck off? ...'cause I am in a mood.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
My Ex when we first started dating brought me an italian hoagie with American Cheese and I called her a Dumb Germanic slut because who the fuck puts American cheese on an Italian hoagie.