Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Check work benefits too. All 3 of my jobs have provided financial assistance for adoption

Also I've heard you don't want to adopt foster children if you can, as shit as that sounds for me to type

Funny you mention that, the wife and I are starting the process this month. Our goal is to foster a little girl around the age of 5, late this spring or early summer, with the intent to adopt. All I know about the process at this point is that our hearts could get broken a few times as the biological parents can meet the minimum standards of getting their shit together just long enough to gain custody back of the child.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Funny you mention that, the wife and I are starting the process this month. Our goal is to foster a little girl around the age of 5, late this spring or early summer, with the intent to adopt. All I know about the process at this point is that our hearts could get broken a few times as the biological parents can meet the minimum standards of getting their shit together just long enough to gain custody back of the child.
Yeah that's the problem with kids in the foster system.

iannis

Musty Nester
Nc won't even LET you adopt foster children.

Its not a try before you buy program.

Its a hard and complex issue all around. I don't think our way is the only or best way. All programs are going to have major problems. That's just going to happen anytime the state is forced to intercede in the family unit. And sometimes the state absolutely must.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You ever know that one person in your family and friends circle that just no matter what they just keep falling on bad times? Every weird situation ever befalls them?

@Onoes is the full embodiment of that combined into one entity. I feel for you man, you just cannot catch a break.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife has company tomorrow

So that means she wants me to spend all night cleaning. After I worked all day. And mowed the lawn. And ate dinner at 10pm. Fuck this

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Don't do it, then. Let her deal with the shame and embarrassment of not doing what she's supposed to do and having people judge her for it, maybe it'll be a nice wake-up call.

• 10Solidarity
  • 6Like
Reactions: 15 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Onoes I thought you were in a position to live the narcissist dream, and be able to select your own fully vetted youngest cleanest meanest egg possible from the bank.

Then I realized that her eggs were not damaged, only her ability to carry-- and I got sad.
Egg Donor Engagement Fees Total Cost

Donor Reservation and Clinic Engagement*

*Donor may be placed on hold for up to 5 days $500

Egg Donor Agency Fees
Recruitment, vetting, and all Match Manager related processes $7,000

International Client Coordination Fee $500

Average Egg Donor Compensation
Egg donor compensation varies by location, ethnicity, experience and other criteria. $7,000 and up

Donor psych-social screen
$450

Insurance
Donor complication insurance $400

Travel Expenses
Donor travel expense account $6,000

Legal Fees
Review and drafting of direct agreement for both intended parents and donor $1,250

IVF & Embryo Creation
All costs associated with the IVF procedures including medical testing, screening, laboratory, medications, ultrasounds, and doctor visits are in addition to the fee structure above. A detailed and complete list of these fees can be obtained through your IVF clinic. $20,000 and up

Stack 35k-60k onto the above for surrogacy. Still comes out to less than 2 years at Harvard. Get yoself a Baby Prospect Loan?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You ever know that one person in your family and friends circle that just no matter what they just keep falling on bad times? Every weird situation ever befalls them?

@Onoes is the full embodiment of that combined into one entity. I feel for you man, you just cannot catch a break.
Friend of mine is like that for things excluding relationships.

Flipped his car driving to or from Las Vegas resulting in a brain injury.

While in the hospital recovering he has an episode during which he walks outside the hospital only to be hit by a train.

After finishing up community college he goes on a trip up to Sedona with his mom, while walking on a trail he steps on a rattlesnake which promptly bites him, has to be air lifted to flagstaff.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't do it, then. Let her deal with the shame and embarrassment of not doing what she's supposed to do and having people judge her for it, maybe it'll be a nice wake-up call.
Seriously, Noodleface Noodleface , this shouldn't even be up for debate.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It really shouldn't.

I'd be like "suck my dick right now and i'll give you two hours, otherwise i'm gonna go sit down".

Of course she'd probably suck your dick and then you're screwed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
From the way he talks, noodle would definitely value a blowjob as equal to a few hours of cleaning.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Noodleface Noodleface that is insane that she even said that to you. I'd have punched a wall if my wife did that to me.

@Onoes dude I'm sorry. It seems like you fall into a bucket of (sometimes crazy, yes) shit and as soon as you get out of that, you trip and fall into another. And we aren't talking just normal hard times... it's always got to be something way out of left field, a meteor fell out of the sky hit the ground in my back yard, causing a rock from the explosion to fly through the window and kill my cat dead on the spot kind of way out of left field.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll tell you man I haven't been that mad in awhile. I cleaned my bathroom because honestly it was due and it takes 3 minutes. I did some laundry and I played wow. I avoided the actual cleaning because fuck that, she did the rest of the house. She commented on how mad I seemed and I couldn't even verbalize it to her

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Noodleface Noodleface that is insane that she even said that to you. I'd have punched a wall if my wife did that to me.

@Onoes dude I'm sorry. It seems like you fall into a bucket of (sometimes crazy, yes) shit and as soon as you get out of that, you trip and fall into another. And we aren't talking just normal hard times... it's always got to be something way out of left field, a meteor fell out of the sky hit the ground in my back yard, causing a rock from the explosion to fly through the window and kill my cat dead on the spot kind of way out of left field.

• 1Worf

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll tell you man I haven't been that mad in awhile. I cleaned my bathroom because honestly it was due and it takes 3 minutes. I did some laundry and I played wow. I avoided the actual cleaning because fuck that, she did the rest of the house. She commented on how mad I seemed and I couldn't even verbalize it to her

From the way you describe your wife interactions, it sounds like you are just getting super pissed off at her requests but going along with it anyway instead of talking to her about it. That's not going to improve your situation. Is there a reason you don't talk to her about it? Does she flip out if you have objections or something?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can only say you are visually and mentally disgusted with the table so many times before it isn't worth the breath

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I could only go so long until I found someone who would fuck me and clean the house...or at least let me fuck them at their clean house.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Nc won't even LET you adopt foster children.

Its not a try before you buy program.

Its a hard and complex issue all around. I don't think our way is the only or best way. All programs are going to have major problems. That's just going to happen anytime the state is forced to intercede in the family unit. And sometimes the state absolutely must.

My mother was a social worker in Child Protective Services here in NC and previously in another state - worked in both "removal" and placement - yeah, it's all kinds of fucked up.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can only say you are visually and mentally disgusted with the table so many times before it isn't worth the breath

The table, whatever. There's always going to be some minor things like that you have to learn to let go or just address yourself.

But when she's like, "It's after 10pm on a work night, time for you to do the cleaning I ignored all day!", that's a good time to let her know that after a full day of work, mowing the lawn and doing whatever else kept you from dinner until 10pm, that you are now done. If cleaning was that important, it would have been addressed already.