Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in a similar boat but only because both my wife and I don't like being full from dinner and both start to fade after 9. Worst part is we both know this so my game is extremely transparent between the window of 830 and 900.
I would swear you're a 60 year old man based on most of your posts.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I would swear you're a 60 year old man based on most of your posts.
I sleep a ton I don't get it. I go to bed around 1030 at night and wake up around 800 in the morning every day. I don't understand why I'm always so sleepy.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I sleep a ton I don't get it. I go to bed around 1030 at night and wake up around 800 in the morning every day. I don't understand why I'm always so sleepy.
Sleeping too much actually leads to feeling sleepy. 9 1/2 hours is too much. You're better getting around 7 1/2 to 8 hours. So just start going to sleep at midnight or waking up at 6. It'll suck for the first week and then you'll notice a big difference.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sleeping too much actually leads to feeling sleepy. 9 1/2 hours is too much. You're better getting around 7 1/2 to 8 hours. So just start going to sleep at midnight or waking up at 6. It'll suck for the first week and then you'll notice a big difference.
Master, what do you do for a living? Are you a psych professor? Just curious. You may have answered this elsewhere.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's lupus.

9+ hours of sleep would bug the shit out of me. I got way too much shit to do. I wish someone would make drug that would let me stay up all day. I don't care if I'm haunted by my war crimes in Vietnam and Tony Todd, the extra hours would be worth it!

I look forward to your response tomorrow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Could be sleep apnea too. Do you have dreams when you sleep?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Master, what do you do for a living? Are you a psych professor? Just curious. You may have answered this elsewhere.
I don't actually have a fixed job. I am a partner dance instructor (Ballroom, Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba). I do routines for weddings, etc., strictly a private teacher. I do Hypnotherapy, which is a referral thing.... I've always had an interest in hypnosis and I helped a few of my friends out with some things. This is surprisingly steady considering I don't advertise. I don't even have business cards or a website. I'd do it full-time but the majority of business for full-timers is stop smoking and weight loss, which is super boring. I do some consulting/freelance work for former bosses. I've worked in eight states and lost track of the number of jobs I've had. I like to switch things up too much but I always leave on good terms so if they have an odd problem, I get a call. I went to school for Mechanical Engineering and Philosophy (double-major) but didn't quite finish because of personal things. I was like a semester off with a 4.0. Sucks, but whatever.

lindz

#DDs
Iron deficiency or thyroid issues can also cause fatigue. Unless I'm regularly taking an iron supplement, I have major fatigue issues.

Silence_sl

shitlord
About 2000 or so, I gave up all colas with sugar. In less than two weeks, I went from needing more than 8 hours a night to needing only six. Been the same ever since.

iannis

Musty Nester
As hateful as it is it's true. That constant influx of sugar will make your entire body sluggish long term while providing short term energy. DiaBEETus is just the end stage of it, where it all breaks down.

Too much sugar in your blood is just sub-optimal for tissue health, the same as too little is deadly. At one point in the processallof your meat is fed through capillary action. You jerk around with the osmalarity of your blood (sugar concentration is one small part of that, blood is a huge mix of shit) and it's going to have potentially wide ranging systemic effects. Over the course of months or years you WILL notice. It's also one of the reasons to be concerned about excess cholesterol (if we can figgure out what that is, exactly -- it seems a lot more variable than you'd think it should be).

Thin blood is bad blood. Thick blood is bad blood.

Just think of it this way. A molecule of glucose has a physical volume. If you have a glut of glucose in your system that volume may serve you better being filled by something else. You can starve your cells with sugar, even though sugar is their food. It's a problem that can create a self sustaining positive feedback loop if you're not careful, with insulin resistance/tolerance gradually becoming more prevalent.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't actually have a fixed job. I am a partner dance instructor (Ballroom, Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba). I do routines for weddings, etc., strictly a private teacher. I do Hypnotherapy, which is a referral thing.... I've always had an interest in hypnosis and I helped a few of my friends out with some things. This is surprisingly steady considering I don't advertise. I don't even have business cards or a website. I'd do it full-time but the majority of business for full-timers is stop smoking and weight loss, which is super boring. I do some consulting/freelance work for former bosses. I've worked in eight states and lost track of the number of jobs I've had. I like to switch things up too much but I always leave on good terms so if they have an odd problem, I get a call. I went to school for Mechanical Engineering and Philosophy (double-major) but didn't quite finish because of personal things. I was like a semester off with a 4.0. Sucks, but whatever.
So... International Man of Mystery? =)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't drank soda since high school and have vivid dreams on a nightly basis. I only wake up maybe once or so during the night though if I fall into a certain position I can start to snore and my wife will shake me so I'll roll over.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
9+ hours of sleep would bug the shit out of me. I got way too much shit to do. I wish someone would make drug that would let me stay up all day. I don't care if I'm haunted by my war crimes in Vietnam and Tony Todd, the extra hours would be worth it!
So much this, I hate needing to sleep so much, even if I could get by with 4-5 hours that would be good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Either you're 60 or don't sleep. That's 4 major professions with basically no overlap.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I get 4-5 hours a night during the week and just deal with being tired. I've always been a night person and never feel like going to sleep until I absolutely have to.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I get 7.5 usually. Anything less and I'm shitty all day long. My body almost won't let me sleep for any longer, though.