Marriage and the Power of Divorce

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Alright, time for a lurker divorce-shit post. I posted here once back when this all first went down, but I'll sum it up before moving on: Left wife at the beginning of June due to a repeated history of conversations that went beyond "friendly" with her ex boyfriend and a load of other shit throughout our 6 year marriage. Since then, she has: moved that ex boyfriend and his girlfriend into the house with my daughter, kicked them out months later due, apparently, to the guy's alcoholism, very openly dated another guy for a while now, and checked herself into a mental hospital for a week. Her most recent decision is that she should bring that boyfriend to the pick up/drop off meeting for our daughter.

In the meantime, I've just been taking care of myself and my daughter and working. Unfortunately, I have 0 dollars toward a divorce filing. I make decent money but after bills and a few groceries my account might have fifty bucks if I'm lucky.

So I come for an opinion: I've seen people gofundme for a divorce. It feels fucking dumb, and cheap, and just all around silly, but I have 0 other options to pay a lawyer to legally disconnect myself from this woman and get some custody shit settled before something serious happens.

Do you fine people think that a gofundme is a terrible idea?
Sell the house and or use that as collateral for divorce proceedings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nuday

Golden Squire
We don't own a home or anything together, no. We originally planned to file for uncontested since neither of us had anything to argue over. I would still like to do this, but the shit she does around my daughter really makes me question her sanity. As far as loans go, I've got shit credit atm (another side effect of the marriage). I'm rebuilding, but it's a slow, slow process.

iannis

Musty Nester
We don't own a home or anything together, no. We originally planned to file for uncontested since neither of us had anything to argue over. I would still like to do this, but the shit she does around my daughter really makes me question her sanity. As far as loans go, I've got shit credit atm (another side effect of the marriage). I'm rebuilding, but it's a slow, slow process.

Shared custody is probably about the best you can hope for when it comes to your daughter. A mother has to basically kill someone before they'll split a mother and a daughter pair.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No idea on the crowd-funded divorce. Offhand, it sounds like a bad idea. But you do need to get the legal stuff worked out.

As others suggested, see if there are resources in your area to help families in a bad financial situation with divorce. It may be mediation. Get familiar with divorce law for your state. You don't need to be a lawyer, but you should understand the basics of the law. It will also help set your expectations for how things will play out.

Shared custody is probably about the best you can hope for when it comes to your daughter. A mother has to basically kill someone before they'll split a mother and a daughter pair.

Yeah, this. Even if she is making bad decisions around the kid, you'd have to be able to prove she's endangering the child to get full custody (most likely). However, you should document the things she does. Write them down with details and dates.

Also, you have to keep your cool when interacting with her and the court. If you look like the reasonable one and she acts like a psychopath/spoiled child, the court will be more likely to help you out.

Good luck to you, sir.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
She PM'd it to me on request:

FhZfMDD.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Don't know much about your situation Mrs.G but its sociably acceptable for a lady to be sexually aggressive.

Flirt with him and if you want a kiss then kiss him.

If you said something to the effect of take it slow then he might be taking it slow it's up to you now to let him know it's time to take it to pound town.
Like most women, she's looking for a man who can lead. A man that can't (or won't) lead is usually a passive, simpering wimp (compounded upon when he actually gets into a long-term relationship).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Like most women, she's looking for a man who can lead. A man that can't (or won't) lead is usually a passive, simpering wimp (compounded upon when he actually gets into a long-term relationship).

Sure I get that but how old is Mrs.G and the people she is dating? Has that been covered yet?

If they are 50+ then that shit goes out the window imo.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Mrs G said she was about 50. So I would assume in that range the men probably a little older.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So am I the only person curious about this tattoo Mrs. Gravy Mrs. Gravy ?
You are the only one to have commented. It is just on my lower belly, but is out of sight even in low-waist jeans. It would require a "reveal" to see it.

In re other comments:
I am 51 and prefer men who match me in terms of confidence - as I can be a bit headstrong. That being stated, I also understand the value of compromise, give/take, ebb/flow. I describe myself in crappy rhyming fashion in this way:
Searcher, seeker, secret-keeper. Giver, taker, merry-maker.

I would be open to date anyone in the 10 years younger to maybe 10 years older (if they are healthy/active and don't smoke) range.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Well date 3 turned into an overnight into an all day into Sunday.

I didn't expect much from a 21 year old girl but SJW knows how to fuck.

She makes me want to tolerate minorities.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The power of the P. Making a_skeleton_02 non-racist takes some serious effort.

And Mrs. G, you do realize that 90% of us are late 30s to mid 50s right? EQ was a 1999 thing back when we were in our late teens to early 30s.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users