Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I get his sentiment, but it's just funny that every single Ald post picks some mundane topic to turn into an all or nothing argument. Dude watched too much Seinfeld.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
People who set alarm clocks, I get it if its like your first year in college or something and you never had to get up early before, otherwise WTF?

You choose to wake up every single day to a sound that specifically chosen to be loud and annoying. On purpose. Over and over. WT actual fuck. Just wake up when its time to wake up, fuck.

Don't get me started on snooze buttons, thats obviously instant divorce or fuck you I never want to see you again if not married.
The issue with the late day is that our son came into our room and decided he wanted to sleep there. So my wife moved to the middle of the bed so he could sleep where she was sleeping previously. That's why she didn't feel the alarm vibration.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I use those too. Having both is much better. I started getting really sensitive to any light a few years ago which is why I added the mask. And now Xarp has multiple options to explore. Go go good team!
Every time I buy black out curtains, I get the light weight ones instead of what a hotel has that weighs a fucking ton. They never black out. They just heavily dim, but light is still VERY present through them. Any suggestions on a good brand that works great that doesn't weigh 100 lbs?

Ok, nevermind. My wife just complained that I was measuring the curtain opening because she added a small night light to our room in case the kids continue to come in. She's too fucking accommodating of their bullshit.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Every time I buy black out curtains, I get the light weight ones instead of what a hotel has that weighs a fucking ton. They never black out. They just heavily dim, but light is still VERY present through them. Any suggestions on a good brand that works great that doesn't weigh 100 lbs?

Ok, nevermind. My wife just complained that I was measuring the curtain opening because she added a small night light to our room in case the kids continue to come in. She's too fucking accommodating of their bullshit.
Lowe's has some decent blackout blinds options. You still need to get the L part on the sides to get most light blocked out, though. Or be like me and use a sleeping mask.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
My whole house is blackout curtains. Went to Home Depot first and bought some actual garbage ones, was immediately kicking myself. Took them back and got a refund (I lucked out and several were damaged in shipping, so I bitched that they were all trash and wanted a full refund, they normally have a no return policy on custom blinds). I then went to a straight up blinds store and for like $200 more total (about $18 a window) I got waaaaaaay better ones that also came with free installation. They are super light and with the L brackets block like 99% of the light.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

If you're sensitive to light it won't work. You have to get a mask. There is always light leaking around any window treatment.

Fucker

Log Wizard
People who set alarm clocks, I get it if its like your first year in college or something and you never had to get up early before, otherwise WTF?

You choose to wake up every single day to a sound that specifically chosen to be loud and annoying. On purpose. Over and over. WT actual fuck. Just wake up when its time to wake up, fuck.

Don't get me started on snooze buttons, thats obviously instant divorce or fuck you I never want to see you again if not married.
Best part of retiring young was not needing an alarm clock. I haven't used one in a decade.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Can't understand how anyone wears anything on their head to bed.
I used to feel the same way. For years I struggled with falling asleep, then one night I tried a mask with headphones and fell asleep with in 10 minutes. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but usually it is in the first 10-15 minutes that I fall asleep. I set my Audible timer for 30 minutes and most days I only remember the first 5 minutes of what happened in the book. Basically by giving my mind something to focus on, it doesn't run wild with a recap of my day nor my to do list for the next day. Benn getting the best sleep of my life the last few years. The Purple Mattress helps too, best mattress I have ever had.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Ditto with me for earplugs. I couldn't stand the feeling of something in my ears, and then I moved (thankfully briefly) into a house near a bunch of early morning construction traffic. After a few days getting used to it, I realized my sleep was VASTLY improved.

usually it is in the first 10-15 minutes that I fall asleep. I set my Audible timer for 30 minutes and most days I only remember the first 5 minutes of what happened in the book.

God, this would be a recipe for me dying of sleep deprivation. It's physically impossible for my brain to relax enough for sleep if there's something in the environment to latch onto. Books, TV, music, people speaking, etc., I'll just be awake forever. I have to shut it all out and create a dark, quiet place.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ditto with me for earplugs. I couldn't stand the feeling of something in my ears, and then I moved (thankfully briefly) into a house near a bunch of early morning construction traffic. After a few days getting used to it, I realized my sleep was VASTLY improved.

God, this would be a recipe for me dying of sleep deprivation. It's physically impossible for my brain to relax enough for sleep if there's something in the environment to latch onto. Books, TV, music, people speaking, etc., I'll just be awake forever. I have to shut it all out and create a dark, quiet place.
My issue with wearing inner-ear things is my earwax is very soft. It actually becomes almost like honey when I wear inner-ear headphones. Standing up all day at work, that doesn't bother me, but I'm also a side-sleeper, and having one ear pointed straight up, the ear wax would constantly drip down to my ear drum. And just feeling the motion of that drives me crazy.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If I'm having a bit of trouble falling asleep I'll just do 'box breathing' What Is Box Breathing?

Only problem is sometimes I'll focus too much on the counting for each section and I fill my head with '1-2-3-4'. Usually, cutting down to an extra slow 2-count helps, less internal noise.

I've posted it before, but I've founding working on adding these steps help the quality of my sleep and energy through the day. Toolkit for Sleep - Huberman Lab
1) View sunlight by going outside within 30-60 minutes of waking. Do that again in the late afternoon, prior to sunset.
2) Wake up at the same time each day and go to sleep when you first start to feel sleepy.
3) Avoid caffeine within 8-10 hours of bedtime.
4) If you have sleep disturbances, insomnia, or anxiety about sleep, try the research-supported protocols on the Reveri app.
5) Avoid viewing bright lights—especially bright overhead lights between 10 pm and 4 am.
6) Limit daytime naps to less than 90 min, or don’t nap at all.
7) If you wake up in the middle of the night (which, by the way, is normal to do once or so each night) but you can’t fall back asleep, consider doing an NSDR protocol when you wake up.
8) You might consider taking (30-60 min before bed): Magnesium Threonate or 200mg Magnesium Bisglycinate, Apigenin, Theanine, Glycine and GABA.
9) Expect to feel really alert ~1 hour before your natural bedtime.
10) Keep the room you sleep in cool and dark and layer on blankets that you can remove.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Some of us actually play a role in society and can't just wake up whenever we want lmao

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Well, guess we're fucking doing this.

Screenshot_20231205-085513.png

5 years ago I said I wasn't gonna get married again. But I guess the cold hard reality is that when you've got daughters, you need to teach them that they need to find a good man and hitch their wagon to them so they don't end up on Onlyfans. Can't be out here living in sin, doesn't set a good example for them.

She earned it. I don't really see a reason why we won't be together for a very long while. She works her ass off to take care of me and my kids, and doesn't have an attitude about shit. She's agreeable, and fixed her credit issues she had when we got together, and did it by herself. I guess there's no reason not to be married.

Now I gotta figure out how to go thru the process of protecting my shit. I gotta make sure my kids and my house stay my kids and my house. She should obviously be included in anything that happens if I perish, but she is not gonna inherit my tiny empire and leave my kids in the cold like you hear so many stories of.

• 19Like
Reactions: 18 users

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 503078

5 years ago I said I wasn't gonna get married again. But I guess the cold hard reality is that when you've got daughters, you need to teach them that they need to find a good man and hitch their wagon to them so they don't end up on Onlyfans. Can't be out here living in sin, doesn't set a good example for them.

She earned it. I don't really see a reason why we won't be together for a very long while. She works her ass off to take care of me and my kids, and doesn't have an attitude about shit. She's agreeable, and fixed her credit issues she had when we got together, and did it by herself. I guess there's no reason not to be married.

Now I gotta figure out how to go thru the process of protecting my shit. I gotta make sure my kids and my house stay my kids and my house. She should obviously be included in anything that happens if I perish, but she is not gonna inherit my tiny empire and leave my kids in the cold like you hear so many stories of.

Congrats! My wife and I had a trust established with language such that everything is either already in there or would go in there when I croak. I imagine a pre-nup wouldn't go over very well with your lady, so it's probably the best way to go.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 503078

was waiting for you to come out the other side of grieving for your first marriage and i think your pup passing prolly helped give clarity. be protective of your shit but dont cut yourself off from enjoying a person who actually loves you

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

View attachment 503078

Her fingernails remind me of the Oblivion logo for some reason

1701788905384.jpeg

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Some of us actually play a role in society and can't just wake up whenever we want lmao

Some of us don't need an electronic device to remind us we need to get up. I literally havent used one in something like 20 years, and I wake up at exactly the same time every day (5 AM in my case)

Imagine being non-functional, unable to do basic things like get out of bed by yourself, and then thinking you have some kind of grounds for criticizing normal and functional humans.