Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I get his sentiment, but it's just funny that every single Ald post picks some mundane topic to turn into an all or nothing argument. Dude watched too much Seinfeld.
I learned sometime in the early 2000s that milquetoast middle of the road posts are useless, generate no discussion, and are generally a waste of time for the writer and the reader.

I'm not gonna bother posting unless its something I have a strong opinion about. I mean, why bother?

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I learned sometime in the early 2000s that milquetoast middle of the road posts are useless, generate no discussion, and are generally a waste of time for the writer and the reader.

I'm not gonna bother posting unless its something I have a strong opinion about. I mean, why bother?
The only thing your original "lol just get up" post generated was vitriol towards you. Nothing regarding the actual point of your post, waking up when your body tells you to instead of an alarm clock, was discussed.

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Congrats! My wife and I had a trust established with language such that everything is either already in there or would go in there when I croak. I imagine a pre-nup wouldn't go over very well with your lady, so it's probably the best way to go.

No, she knows a prenup has gotta be the way to go. She knows my kids are what's important to me, and she also knows that I got very lucky to keep my house and pension in the divorce. Making sure that they get included in things is absolutely important. I have no desire to see either of them destitute. As it is now, my oldest gets the house, and I'm pretty sure if I died, my gf could live here as long as she wanted to while she picked up the pieces. Now I just gotta figure out how to get them all a fair cut of things. Thankfully, my gf has no children and won't, so that should make things pretty easy to work thru. But, maybe a trust is the way to go, I will have to talk to a lawyer to work thru this crap.

was waiting for you to come out the other side of grieving for your first marriage and i think your pup passing prolly helped give clarity. be protective of your shit but dont cut yourself off from enjoying a person who actually loves you

Actually, I've had the ring for a few months. The dog going threw a massive wrench in the plans, because I had the cash for the ring and it wouldn't be a big deal. Then I had some truck expenses and the dog both happened on the same day, so that was unfortunate and set me back a bit into stressed out territory. Nbd, just work more. Been back to putting in 50's at work until I get that cleaned back up again. Won't take long.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Imagine being non-functional, unable to do basic things like get out of bed by yourself, and then thinking you have some kind of grounds for criticizing normal and functional humans.

Imagine having a variable schedule, travel, or responsibilities that can require working at night...

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Well, guess we're fucking doing this.

View attachment 503078

5 years ago I said I wasn't gonna get married again. But I guess the cold hard reality is that when you've got daughters, you need to teach them that they need to find a good man and hitch their wagon to them so they don't end up on Onlyfans. Can't be out here living in sin, doesn't set a good example for them.

She earned it. I don't really see a reason why we won't be together for a very long while. She works her ass off to take care of me and my kids, and doesn't have an attitude about shit. She's agreeable, and fixed her credit issues she had when we got together, and did it by herself. I guess there's no reason not to be married.

Now I gotta figure out how to go thru the process of protecting my shit. I gotta make sure my kids and my house stay my kids and my house. She should obviously be included in anything that happens if I perish, but she is not gonna inherit my tiny empire and leave my kids in the cold like you hear so many stories of.
You bring this to FOH without abiding by the age old tradition of tits or GTFO. Sir, do we mean less to you than her?!

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
You bring this to FOH without abiding by the age old tradition of tits or GTFO. Sir, do we mean less to you than her?!

As I am not asking for votes for something, and as I am not pretending to be a female, the rule of tits or GTFO do not apply here.

Furthermore, since we are in a SFW section, posting tits would lead to disciplinary action. I can only conclude that you are the one who is not abiding by traditions and customs!

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I got my suspension for posting tits in this very thread sir, we should take up arms against the mods and demand it be established as a rite of passage!

Also congrats :)

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Big Phoenix's interactions with women;

"I really dont have any social media"

"Oh wow thats nice I really like you arent like most guys, liking every bikini photo on instagram"

Looks at her ig and tiktok(obviously gigantic redflag), filled with near thot material and her engaging with simps.

• 2Worf

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

"Oh wow thats nice I really like you arent like most guys, liking every bikini photo on instagram"

Looks at her ig and tiktok(obviously gigantic redflag), filled with near thot material and her engaging with simps.
I really don't understand this, why are chicks mental about IG/bikini girls? When those chicks post bikini pics themselves...

Seems like a really obvious hypocrisy but guess I shouldn't be surprised.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I really don't understand this, why are chicks mental about IG/bikini girls? When those chicks post bikini pics themselves...

Because its other women getting attention, like duh?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

I think most women are just jealous as Palum said instead of understanding how such behavior really is a big red flag seeing as how social media allows you to actually connect with that person. Because people are constantly hooking up with each other off of random social media posts. Hell vastly less experienced younger me did it a decade ago.

But yeah monumental hypocrite. This was from a coworker who over the past month or so really came on to me. Never did anything though because her personal life is an absolute mess before she lost interest(probably a very good thing in hindsight).

Izo

Tranny Chaser

As I am not asking for votes for something, and as I am not pretending to be a female, the rule of tits or GTFO do not apply here.

Furthermore, since we are in a SFW section, posting tits would lead to disciplinary action. I can only conclude that you are the one who is not abiding by traditions and customs!

I got my suspension for posting tits in this very thread sir, we should take up arms against the mods and demand it be established as a rite of passage!

Also congrats :)

Congrats Cutlery Cutlery :)
Also...
captain hook smiling GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I used to feel the same way. For years I struggled with falling asleep, then one night I tried a mask with headphones and fell asleep with in 10 minutes. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but usually it is in the first 10-15 minutes that I fall asleep. I set my Audible timer for 30 minutes and most days I only remember the first 5 minutes of what happened in the book. Basically by giving my mind something to focus on, it doesn't run wild with a recap of my day nor my to do list for the next day. Benn getting the best sleep of my life the last few years. The Purple Mattress helps too, best mattress I have ever had.
This with classical music playing is some of the best sleep ever..

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Where’d you find this one Big P?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This with classical music playing is some of the best sleep ever..
I play classical music when I have to write for work. I listen to news/podcasts when doing data research and the numbers side of work, but when I write I have to focus Bigly. Just how my brain works.

Point being I don't think classical music will do the trick for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I play classical music when I have to write for work. I listen to news/podcasts when doing data research and the numbers side of work, but when I write I have to focus Bigly. Just how my brain works.

Point being I don't think classical music will do the trick for me.
I just discovered a white noise device on Amazon that makes rain noises. It’s great. I’m trying to migrate off earplugs because I just don’t want to be only comfortable if I have those on while sleeping, dependent on them if you will I guess