Marvel Heroes 20xx

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yikes! I only passively play this game and really only have been logging in for my daily when I remember for the past several months. To kill slower and reduce travel speed? Not sure I'm digging that aspect of the change for now. We play this game to be fucking super heroes, not better than average plebs in costumes. I hope it doesn't turn into the cluster fuck that City of Heroes turned into after their series of "re-balancing"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I only had about an hour to try out the new stuff. It was ok, but not perfect. The travel changes felt fine to me. Teleports/dodges are still near instant and do what they need to for avoiding the bad, and the travel skills having a 1 second charge time didn't really matter. You can still just fly through an entire level directly to the boss which seemed to go against their intended plan for changing movement skills, but whatever.

My Doctor Doom summoner lost a ton of damage, but still clears no problem because summoners are OP and near invincible. It just takes about 4x as long now... Probably part of the problem is perception, because apparently heroic is the old cosmic, and now cosmic is a new tier of difficulty which is a step above what was available in the past.

I played around with Spiderman some as well, but as a melee with minimal defenses, he felt squishy as hell. He's not geared nearly as well as my Doom, which is probably part of it, but still, it made me feel melee is not really viable on cosmic content. Need to play more to get a better idea I think.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Very few (if any???) successful ARPG games are as fast paced as MH and I think it needed to be dialed back a bit, but not this much.

PoE is faster than MH was, other than teleporting around, once you get your character set up. Now MH looks like a slideshow in comparison.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The movement gimping was done for the console release coming up along with trimming the power bar, which now leaves some heroes gimped because their talents require them to have more power slots then available to be able to use them. Raids are a mess now to, certain bosses unkillable in time because "Hurr durr we'll have more tuning passes, I know it would have taken 5 minutes of our time to figure this out in 7 months but I had to make more off topic posts on the forums." I've never been so salty for an update to a game I've overall enjoyed for several years, glad to see the steam reviews are tanking hard.

If their was even an example of a company that lets their devs spend to much time not actually playing their game Gaz has to take the cake at this point.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I think PoE has a lot of differences when it comes to MH, not even sure it is worth comparing the two games. I haven't played PoE in awhile but "once you get your character set up" was typically 45+ levels and usually required at least a couple pieces of specific gear. So if MH becomes fast paced once a build gets set up at like 45+ levels that would be cool with me.

TTK is my number one concern at the moment, especially for bosses. Movement/speed is one of my least concerns. I'm most excited about the new gear type and having items similar to Diablo legendaries. Fingers crossed they don't fuck that up too!

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I wish they would spend more time on actual content instead of mucking characters and abilities all the damn time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What does Gavinmad Gavinmad think of the change?

I think I haven't even been logging on for dailies and based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I just left a negative review and uninstalled the game. I don't even need to see the changes myself, Gaz has such a huge following of apologists who think they can do no wrong so for this many people to be loudly proclaiming that shit is awful? Yeah they ruined the game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think I haven't even been logging on for dailies and based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I just left a negative review and uninstalled the game. I don't even need to see the changes myself, Gaz has such a huge following of apologists who think they can do no wrong so for this many people to be loudly proclaiming that shit is awful? Yeah they ruined the game.
Message me your login info so I can borrow your gear.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some of these comments make me laugh..."A once wonderful game designed by Mr. David Brevik, the creator of Diablo and Diablo 2. But guess what? He's gone. Along with two of the other leading game designers. Now the game is taking a much worse direction." Three years in and they're still trying to undue all the shitty design decisions from the original crew, don't know what game that guy has been playing.

Think most of the changes were needed, and movement which I didn't feel strong about either way, didn't bother me after I played for a bit in CMM. The couple of guys I talked to who were most upset about it are both big into cosmic prestige and they were bitching about how it made doing LQs slower. One thing I do agree with people complaining about is the TTK/TTL tuning atm, at least in cosmic difficulty. Quite sure it's an issue with the new difficulty slider and them having to get it tuned correctly. Previously Amthua had to go in and tune CMM/CHT, no idea who they have there now that actually knows how to play the game.

Course even thinking the changes were good, I still barely lasted two hours cause it's the same old shit I did way too many times in the past. If they actually add some interesting new content(5 mans maybe?) and figure out a way to make the loot more compelling I could see putting more time in.

• 1Like

Rope

Meh, I like it well enough. Infinity xp gain is ass. I think 3-4 hours of casual play got me 5 points?(this is with max hero xp synergy and a few free pots). I like the game but the omegas (aa) is what kept me playing. If I can't gain infinity at a realistic rate, I won't keep playing :|

• 1Like

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Game feels slow and shitty now, RIP. Retards coulda just milked the cow but they had to shoot it instead.

• 1Like

Maxnome

Molten Core Raider
Man, This game keeps getting worse and worse with every patch. The disconnect between what the Devs are trying to force and what the players want is amazing. I doubt the devs are even playing this game at this point because its not remotely fun at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The loot nerf is just beyond baffling, I've never seen a game basically pull a reverse Diablo 3. No more uniques on normal difficulty essentially gutting any new players, because having usable gear drop that helps clear the next teir isn't the staple of ARPG's. Every time I check back to see if they pulled their heads out of their useless asses it turns out they go a little bit deeper.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ancallagon

So, playing around with several of my 60s now, and re-gearing, re-blessing, etc - Scarlet Witch is pretty unstoppably beast-mode (again). She was before, so no big surprise, but now she is my character that feels as much like pre-patch ass-kicking as possible, where as most of the others feel slower and squishier. Going with a -spirit cost reduction build out, so that I can have 100% uptime on Chaos Overload, which makes her incredibly strong and destroys things. Anything non-boss flagged is just destroyed instantly and bosses melt decently quickly enough. Can handle all cosmic content again just like before - I do die a bit more often than before if I'm not paying attention, so it's not as brainless as before.

Lot of their decisions are still stupid and poorly thought out, but glad that I have at least one character who feels epic still. So many of them feel so slow and weak now, it's sad.

Can't really say I recommend it to a new comer at the moment, or anyone really who doesn't already have a lot of good artifacts and gear stockpiled. Also, the leveling experience is comically easy. Been leveling all of the characters I'd gotten through bogo or whatevers and they tend to hit 60 by chapter 6, quicker if I use any exp boosts. Don't even usually have much if any gear on them by the time they hit 60 either, maybe a few epics.

• 1Like

Rope

So, another patch, another 4 or 5 heroes who do maybe 3 times the damage of the rest of the roster. Super cool. They might fix them in 5-6 months.

Fix summons.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw this was the top post in the forum, so thought I'd check in on things.

41 cosmic heroes, 42nd one in mid 50s, don't regret uninstalling for a second.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty